A Mental Breakdown V3

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Greenman_x, Jun 10, 2013.

1. MentosTroll Loyal Player

any1 on test have seen how mental is now? mass terror especially?
  2. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Id have to imagine pretty good.

Everybody on test is either Gadgets, HL or Rage it seems like, so I dont have any proof, but from what I can imagine from watching the WM combos, we're going to be in better off shape than a lot of other powers

I think DOT based powersets particularly will have an advantage because of their ability to do damage without burst...For example that Spin chop>DW 6 tap (dont know what its called) combo appears to be hitting for roughly 5-7K on average (Ive seen that second hit go for more than 10K on a single enemy which is unbelievably absurd) in about 3 seconds, meaning we can get roughly about 3 of those off before the DOTs on Pyro/MT wear off, but likely only 2 if you intend to hit another power after each combo

I do want to hear about how 2 powers in particular work with WM:
    Terrorize - Will it recieve the attack buff through its entire duration or only the first tick?
    Menace - Will it even receive the buff because it doesnt act like a normal superpower and procs off of weapon/power damage?
    • Like x 3
  3. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

The buffs after WM attacks appear to only impact the initial tick of a DOT. At least that's what I understand from what I've seen in the WM thread. I'm not absolutely sure though. My concern is that because things die so quickly (mobs) DOT powers will only be able to shine on bosses, even more so than before, given how much damage can be gotten in a short period with WM attacks.
  4. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Thats really always been the case though

I think WM kinda shortens that gap as well, particularly now that PF and Shock hit 8 enemies...Things are going to die so quickly that if you get 2-3 people each hitting enemies for 7K a pop (more if the support roles are chiming in with their WM) then there isnt much more damage another player can do than us at any given time

Also keep in mind that most of the enemies in this upcoming DLC have extremely high health, not just bosses...Our only problem is, we still lack in that regard (AoE DOTs) in comparison to a power like Nature that can refresh all their DOTs on every enemy with 1 button press once they're active
  5. TrueOlympus New Player

ok. I'll spill. This is not true for all powers. OverHeat from Fire currently has ALL of its ticks affected by WM
  6. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Kinda sounds like a bug, but heres what Bobburt posted on the WM feedback thread in the test server

"Not sure if this has been mentioned or if anyone else has noticed this.

When setting up dots (Mental for example), if I can time my WM combo right, not only can I get my burst power to proc with the WM damage buff, but also a dot-tick that lands in that window:

Setup Mass Terror and go into my 1h>Dual Flurry WM combo, and time Phantom Flames to receive the damage buff. Sometimes, one of Mass Terror's ticks will land in that window and receive the buff along with PF, and it'll tick very high (upwards of 2.5k crits *so far*, which doesn't happen...ever) according to the combat log. I've got 4151 might on Test."

That sounds pretty awesome...I was curious how DOTs would work with the actual buff (figured it only applied the buff to the next power cast) but if the buff applies to active DOTs that could be helpful
    • Like x 2
  7. MentosTroll Loyal Player

ok that's awesome
  8. Caleus New Player

As awesome as it sounds this might get them to crack down on when the buff activates and deactivates.

As I see it this is probably the only major bug with WM and while I would love for it to go live I don't think we would benefit from it in the end, via nerf.
  9. Susanoo Well-Known Player

·Increased the damage caused by Phantom Flame's power interaction.

Hmmmm maybe a large enough increase to beat pyro at the best single target dot in our arsenal

·Doubled the duration of Mass Terror's damage over time effect and reduced the instant damage slightly.

So they double the time in between the tics........I'm not to happy about this one!
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I don't think PF will ever overtake pyro in that regard, mostly because of the DOT applied by Pyro itself (its actual DOT, not burning) to go along with the fact that burning can be overwritten by any other burning dot from anyone else

As for MT the way I interpret it, is 2x as many ticks the same distance apart as they are now... Meaning 6 ticks over 12 seconds
  11. Susanoo Well-Known Player

Ahhhh the wording seems like it could be taken either way.....I just asked because I haven't seen any mental test server videos
  12. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Neither have I...you could be right, but that's just how I interpreted what they said
  13. Caleus New Player

I certainly do hope it's double the amount of ticks
  14. IIIIINASTYIIIII New Player

Has anyone done any WM testing for Mental and come up with good weapon combos to use?????
  15. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

This was posted in the old Mental thread
  16. Neo Synapse Well-Known Player

Thnx
  17. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I have very good news for mental but i cant say cause its to awesome and if one of the nerf happy babies on hear finds out its over, but as soon as it goes live i'll spill the beans. I doubt anyone will find it either i only found it cause i test every single little thing and accidentally stumbled on it. Maybe someone will but not any of these graph and chart guys cause they don't know how to play just add up wrong numbers. but if someone does tell them it will surely get nerfed.
    • Like x 1
  18. MentosTroll Loyal Player

MMMM I like beans
    • Like x 2
  19. Anhur Committed Player

Quantum and Mental are my favourite power sets - though while unfortunately Quantum has really fallen to the back of the pack, Mental has stepped up big time - Greenman has hit the nail on the head here, Mental's DoT capacity is going to work in great harmony with WM for some brilliant sustained and burst output.

The enemies have high health, but do not dish out a great deal of damage, making melee extremely viable - One Handed, Dual Flurry WM with Menace, Terrorize, Mass Terror, Thought Bubble, Pyrokinesis and Phantom Flames is yielding some fantastic results.

Addition: video of it in practise - I know Menace causes the target to flee in terror, but I feel without including it in the rotation I'd miss out on a part of the story - and my timing leaves a bit to be desired :);

• Like x 1
  20. Anhur Committed Player

You've peaked my interest :eek:!