Full Water powerset trees (#2)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lynx, Jun 15, 2013.

1. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

This is exactly how this powerset needs to work. I would love to see it in game.
  2. Forced Penance New Player

great work, but for some reason I doubt this will come to pass any time soon.
  3. CCTrinket Well-Known Player

How adding water constructs to the tree [IMG]

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. CCTrinket Well-Known Player

That would bring an unique....awesomeness to it:D
  5. xskateXX Well-Known Player

wow thats awsome! they have to read it!
    • Like x 1
  6. Cincinnatus_513 New Player

Yeah, but the key difference there is that Fire and Ice are exact opposites of one another.

If "Nature" were, idk..."Primal", and it was based on harnessing the abilities and forms of animals, that would have been a better distinction between it and "Earth." "Earth" should be been called "Geologic" or something.

In any case, Water as a power type is boring, and it's too similar to Ice. Ice is just water cooled to a point where is becomes a different state of matter, and harnessing the power of frigid temperature changes, or solid pieces of ice, actually makes some sense for damaging things.

What can water do aside from provide you excellent refreshment on a warm summer's day?
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Boil you to death.

In all honesty if you're asking what water can do then you clearly must not have read through any of the power trees in the OP.
    • Like x 2
  8. Cincinnatus_513 New Player

I did. But the fact remains that water cannot boil you without heat. In order to have that ability, you'd also have to possess the ability to control temperature -- at that point, the power is a lot more than "water."

Of the countless thousands of heros created in comics over the last 100 years, how many have been gifted the power to throw water at you? None. Storm has the ability to control the weather, this includes the ability to control rain. Aquaman commands the creatures of the sea, and can manipulate the ocean waves. The common denominator here is that water itself is not an independent ability. There is a reason for that -- it makes no sense.

Water itself is not dangerous, and has no adverse effects on people. It's quite the opposite, actually. On the other hand, fire is dangerous to people, as are freezing temperatures. Water is only harmful if you are being swept away in some rapids, or stranded in the middle of the ocean surrounded by sharks, or trapped underneath some body of water and cannot breath. Water outside of those elements is just Evian.

There are so many other better ideas out there.
  9. ToneMD New Player

No They said you're useless in a desert, or a land locked city, or the moon, or Kansas.

By the way. Can aquaman communicate with fresh water animals? Can he also control say, a walrus? Is it only deep sea creatures.
    • Like x 1
  10. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

Omg, water can almost anything. Blood is water, so due hydrokinesis you may tear apart any living enemies. & induce corrosion on mechanic enemies, even due hydro-cutting cut almost any material. Hydrokinesis provide teleportation between different volumes of water, thus sea creatures. On the moon - interstellar space contains 95% hydrogen. & moon surface contains 40% oxygen. Combining it - you'll get water, so these power are not useless even on the moon.
    And rock powers of Earth in mid-air, plant powers of Nature in mid-air, moon, or something in DCUO looks not very realistic as well. So why not have water? In City of Heroes they had separate Ice & Water powers, also Leviathan mastery with Sea Creatures. So if combine Water Blast & Leviathans at Hydrokinesis & Aquamancy powers of Water powerset - that wo'be real candy!!
    Unfortunately next healing power is going to be lantern-based. But maybe after trilogies, if game will be still alive of course, and not frozen. This is not fact sadly.
    • Like x 2
  11. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

Someone has obviously never been blasted with a fire hose, caught in a tsunami, or been eaten by a shark...
    • Like x 1
  12. DoctorSyndrome Dedicated Player

It was just a meme joke bro.

also I have no idea how to answer your questions because I don't know but I'm going to assume that he can.
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There is SO much that can be done with water manipulation. You can literally pull all the moisture out of a person's body and kill them instantaneously. In DC comics Mera (Aquaman's wife) is probably the most famous Aqua/Hydrokinetic. Aqualad (Kaldur'ahm) can form water into solid constructs, a la Hard Light.

I think when most people talk about water powers they are also thinking about temperature manipulation. Granted Ice is already in the game so that's more or less out of the equation but it is entirely feasible to surmise that a water manipulator could increase the temperature of water.

If you really can think of no way that water could be used as a weapon then I implore you to go watch some Avatar: The Last Airbender or The Legend of Korra.

Below is a link to a superpower wiki that has some examples of water based powers. The gif on the page is even of Katara who is a water bender from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
    • Like x 1
  14. JJDaSamuRai New Player

Can you stop trying to shove this down the devs throats they have enough to deal with #gu36 dlc10
    • Like x 1
  15. Emerald Knight Well-Known Player

I personally see water as more of a controlling power as apposed to healing in my opinion.
  16. Cincinnatus_513 New Player

This whole Water thing came about because people lack imagination.

I can't think of any super-powered entity less intimidating than one who wields the power of water. Brainiac would probably feel the same way, considering the fact that none of his robotic soliders could be killed in any of the manners you suggest.

I guess you could drop a waterfall on a Brainiac Spawner, and cause rust, but that's taking damage over time a bit too far.

"Deals water corrosion damage to mechanical enemies, resulting in rust three weeks from now."
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I have continuously given you examples of how water can be weaponised and even examples of comic book characters who do so after you said that there wasn't a single character that used water as their power. I'm just gonna step away from this now. You've either got a serious case of the trolls or you're the one that lacks imagination.

Good day.
    • Like x 1
  18. DPRINCE New Player

Naruto: water dragon jutsu, water vortex jutsu, water shark jutsu, water shark bomb jutsu
    avatar: kitara's water bending, blood bending, kitara's healing, F**K**G BLOOD BENDING M*T**R F**K*R
    • Like x 1
  19. Ghostof91 New Player

Too much water can be dangerous, try going near an ocean pretty scary huh. Try having water come at you Cough cough Tsunami, Hurricanes. There's no denying that water is a diverse deadly force of nature.:)
    • Like x 2
  20. Jurgen Blitz Dedicated Player

Poeple are claiming for Hope as a powerset and I think this powersetr is a hundred times more interesting, whatever the naysayers think.