Work In Progress: Weapon Mastery (Updated)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Since WM doesn't change the equipped weapon
    You should be able to use WM with sp only in one weapon

Right?
  2. Alan Scott New Player

I don't know if it has been said already. But now more than ever with Weapon Mastery, I think we need to see the weapons on our characters. If I already had a hard time with weapons appearing out of nowhere in my character's hands when he battles, I'm gonna have an even harder time seeing him shift just like that between Two-Handed and Rifle.

That's why we need very quick animations to sheathe/unsheathe our weapons (or make them disappear in a magic smoke, things like that), and we need to have the option whether to physically have the weapons on our character or not.

Personally, I'd love to see a toon with Dual Wield swords or a One-Handed sword on his sides, and with a hammer or a bow on his back.

Example: if you have Weapon Mastery in One-Handed and Staff. You want to combo into the last melee hold (5x hold) after, say, One-Handed's Spin Chop (2x hold), you could very quickly sheathe the sword on your character's side, and then with the other hand, your character grabs the Staff and goes into Leaping Overhead Strike (the last hit of the 5x combo) immediately.
    • Like x 1
  3. Massah Committed Player

With weapon Mastery can a mechanic change be added that allows power casts to not break or reset the combo counter...like the Huntress in the Iconic Anamoly Solo.

For Celestial, and a lesser extent Rage or Earth, it is very difficult to take advantage of the Relentless Precision Home Turf neck mod while utilizing the Precision based combos.

I'm not asking for a locked-in modifier, as sometimes the game will register the combo count still rising but the damage modifier asterisk will vanish. So you are still in a chained combo count but lost the damage modifier.

If Weapon Mastery allowed every powerset the option of increased combo counts, it may help with self-power regen but with Relentless Precision it would allow all Weapon Mastery combos to get stronger the longer the chain and that would extend to powersets like Celestial going from Combo to combo while making themselves vulnerable to counters bit with the reward of increased self regen and ability to utilize Relentless Precision to strengthen attacks.
    • Like x 2
  4. ChaosInternational New Player

Still a better idea to let us equip multiple weapons and flow between them at out leisure as opposed to partial combos of each weapon. If this were the case, I could come down from my HB uppercut and right into a 2H mega smash. Tap-tap-hold-rotate-hold-hold-hold-hold, extra perks are not necessary for completing combos you're already familiar with. This allows players the full range of weapon combos instead of relegating all weapons to a limited set of combos.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I would really like to "add-on" a weapons switch at the end of the combo, with my choice instead of theirs.

For example, Martial Arts to Shield, and I end up with my shield equipped...
    Then under shield, I have set a combo to go to Brawling...
    Under brawling, I take it back to Martial Arts...
    Captain Ameridude eat your heart out!

OR
    for a Ninja-concept...
    Martial Arts takes me to 1 hand (where I have a katana-style selected)
    Then 1 hand to dual wield (where I have a katana-style selected)
    dual weild takes me to staff
    then staff to martial arts again!

No special bonuses, other than streamlined changes between the combos, and changing weapons to make the best use for the situation. Or, a fairly small bonus: Say, make the swap into a combo and get a +10% damage bonus... Nothing major.

But, they'd need to un-nerf the weapons for this to work...
    • Like x 1
  6. ChaosInternational New Player

It could be like our utility belts, we get two weapom slots and then two more designated ranged or melee slots that we buy with marks.
    • Like x 1
  7. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

yea but if they did this then they would have to up health and dmg out of enemies again, granted i wouldnt mind, but theres the few that play only a few hours on weekend that may beg to differ.

so i dont think this will work.
  8. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

but...
    this remains a potential problem.
    Overgeared plus your ideas (even with my tweaks) might make a lot of the current content a joke...

But I do like that you're thinking outside the box and trying to come up with possible ideas!
  9. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

yup imagine T6, doing T3 or T4 with 3 friends(a troll, healer and DPS) you would for 1 without having to use WM perks dominate the alert, but using the WM combo's/perks listed above or here

would pretty much make it where nothing would scratch your health, allowing you to just 1 hit everything even the bosses and mini bosses all while staying full power and health due to troll and healer.

good idea but i dont see it ever happening

maybe this

1) Trolls - longer lasting PoTs, and bigger Crits and Burst power out
    2) Healers - gains increased healing allowing for stronger HoT and longer heals
    3) Tanks - gain aggro for longer, and gain additional def/health
    4) Damage - 25% more power and a 45% dmg boost for a period of time

I think those would be decent and wouldnt be game breaking

thoughts?
  10. player10 New Player

I think we are loosing the original spirit of the game.
    With weapon mastery we can forget all powers, we can use only weapon combos or little more.
    No more power difference and less playing ability required.
    In this game will remain only name of DC Universe.
    Do you imagine Superman using ONLY weapons to fight?
    We like this game for superpowers, don't reduce their impact and differences please.
  11. BigAl Devoted Player

I'm not reading 35 pages to see if someone else replied the same. :p
    The % Dom bonus would boost defense? Wouldn't it boost Dom? The secondary could boost the required spec for each role. Leave the Dom as it is, for Dom.
  12. Void Complex New Player

I have this feeling i can't shake off that the developers are going to take the easy way out and just increase base stats like vitalization and restoration, while many are begging not too and thats going to piss people off......

*bites nail
  13. King Mage Lord New Player

I dont usually type here but i had to get my voice out here i honestly think that is one of the dumbest thing that dcuo has done... the people are telling you that we dont like cant you hear the backlash? the update hasent even come out and your already loosing players dc has constantly been taking 5 steps foreword and 10 steps back this game has so much potential it could easily become one of the top mmo's but you guys fail to listen to the community all you guys care about is money and you would make so much more if you listened to what we ask
    • Like x 2
  14. Neo-Jehuty New Player

To tell you the truth I just threw an idea out there; never really thought the idea through. Maybe others may be able to give a better idea,
  15. MeteorRizzy New Player

this sounds like a waist of time. wat good is the combos and weapon mastery if u can get block broke before u even get to use the full combo for the "massive damage" and if ur healing, u'd have to stop healing and put ur team mates in dangers way to get the bonus and then go back to healing. as a troll i have no problem keeping up with power cost to players. and the healers power is probably the one i focus on the most. i dont why they want this crap in the game when the only time ur gonna use it is when ur starting the game on npc's. but when it comes to pvp, nah! u'd get block broek and then get a **** ton of damage while trying to get up. great idea, but its not going to change anything in the game. at least i dont think so
  16. Blackheart0129 New Player

WOW at least to me that seemed like a very negative post.... Ok so how are you supposed to block Magnum Round combo into Solar Flare? Both are block breakers by the way for safety measures. Much like with all weapon combos and power combos, there is a certain risk and reward that every player has to factor into. It's open to counters but the pay off would be the ability to deal damage and possibly a huge crit chance buff. Knowing when to use it will be a big factor, obviously if you keep on spamming it then it will be a lot easier to counter.

For DPS there is a huge reason to why you would use it, one would be to deal massive damage in a single attack and second for a possible crit chance buff for every successful Weapon Mastery combo that is also followed by a power. According to their video (which can be found here: ) you get a huge crit chance buff, and I mean huge. Possibly up to 100% crit chance buff, with a guarantee critical hit for a new seconds the damage you can possibly deal is unthinkable.
    For other roles the role specific buff that you get might sometimes be worth the risk. You can find a possible role specific buff on this thread: https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...rk-in-progress-weapon-mastery-updated.193986/.

I do believe you are wrong when you say this wont change anything in the game. Again according to their live feed it will give players other options other than clipping to do more damage. It seem to have it's uses on both PvE and PvP side of the game. Again how are you supposed to block break a block breaker? Risk and reward... I don't know why you wouldn't want anything that they can add which would make the combat mechanics a bit deeper.
    • Like x 1
  17. Flamelo38 New Player

Amen I'm at 160+ They Are Making This Game For Noobs That Cant Play. its going to make noobs look like great players
    • Like x 1
  18. siedyac New Player

I like seeing The weapon mastery its pretty cool. But you really need to think. How can this affect roles.
    I was thinking
    Dps: Gives might or Prec boost
    Troller: Gives VIT boost
    Heal: Gives Rest Boost
    Tank : Give dom increase
    Those all for roles who do successful combos!
  19. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Know what would be really cool? An update on this.
    • Like x 6
  20. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

not really because you can throw HoT then go into a combo of WM or for s**** and giggles, HoT clip into WM combo

heals are up in the brief time your doing a weapon combo, and really it cant take any longer then a normal weapon combo would lol

as far as PvP sure it may be useless, IDK really I dont do alot of PvP to judge that side of the game. But PvE it can and should have its use's as regular weapon combo's do ATM.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.