GU36 notes up on Test Server

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 478874, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Redscreen5 New Player

The update just highlights the lack of direction and guidance within the devs panel. How in the world can a MMO that has been running for three straight years completely revamp their ENTIRE combat mechanics.

I couldn't careless about this post getting removed, iv'e been saying for weeks that something like this would happen. Instead of giving us an option between the clipping tempo vs DLC 10 they are more or less forcing it into play. It's their game however, already with population showing signs of dwindling and the added competition the PS system currently contains no idea how these changes are merited. (we all know the game wouldn't survive off the PC alone, although it would improve content)

Here goes the "Balance" continuum. Just from the description i can tell it will simply tip the scales. But just as a genuine question to the devs .....How can you achieve "balance" when there are better players then others within the game ?

#legendaryup4renawl
    • Like x 6
  2. SKAVANGER408 New Player

+1
    • Like x 5
  3. Redscreen5 New Player

I don't like to generalize anyone. But I feel the "i don't want to clip" individuals fit right in that description.
    • Like x 2
  4. Kid Sorbet New Player

It's all so bizarre.

There are countless small changes that people have asked for that never get addressed. And then suddenly comes a pile of changes that nobody wants and nobody asked for. The combat in DCUO was its strong suit and now that it's being ruined, I hate that I have to think about moving on. It's a bummer.
    • Like x 6
  5. Redscreen5 New Player

smdh
  6. PillowHands Committed Player

HL and rage got beasted. HB best ranged weapon. I predict crys for nature nerfs when weapon mastery hits. I'll just stick to support roles in PVE.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Just so everyone is clear, we have been and will continue to take all feedback into account, from the WIP threads to Testing Feedback, and everywhere else. The team is weighing your concerns as we consider these changes, and that's a big part of why we're on the test server so early with them.

We want you to play with them and understand them, and we want you to give us your feedback. We're all trying to make the game stronger by providing balance and potential with all powersets.

Please remember, though: for us to consider your feedback, it needs to be specific, constructive, and appropriate. It's easy to communicate your frustration, but without the why it doesn't help us much, and I can assure you anything with personal insults will be immediately discarded. It helps literally no one. Thank you for playing, and for your passion!
    • Like x 20
  8. Zim New Player

I disagree. Most of the jerks and disrespectful people I see are the ones chasing the upper tier players. Just look back over the past few months at all the whine threads.

By all means I am no God at dps. I do however happen to know quite a few great dps' s in this game. And they never act in the manner u desribed.
    • Like x 3
  9. Kid Sorbet New Player

It certainly would be nice if these massive changes had been in WIP rather than on Test.

I'm extremely upset about these proposed changes and I know that I'm not alone.
    • Like x 1
  10. Volkenraider Loyal Player

meh PVE is overrated anyways
    • Like x 3
  11. Hero of Justice New Player

The best DPSes I've seen have been very helpful and not at all prone to rubbing their greatness in your face. I think people look at people acting like a jerk and supposedly being good at DPSing and make generalizations. The best DPSers are about more than numbers, but for some reason people look at those who obsess over their stats as the elites of DPS. Most jerks I see are people who have inflated opinions of their DPS ability, even if it is greater than others in the group.
    • Like x 2
  12. black ice New Player

new ice pets new pet for other healer and mental pets in new gadgets pets
  13. Redscreen5 New Player

Its a ridiculous idea. Has absolutely no correlation with balance.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheD4U New Player

So pulls like inescapable storm and ragebringer now pull 8 instead of 4? Or still pull 4 but damage 8?
  15. Dj_T New Player

So balance is breaking 3 years of gameplay appearently
    • Like x 9
  16. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Rage is definitely slower.
    • Like x 2
  17. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

I've been discussing this viewpoint with some friends of mine and I agree. I explained it as the end of Jump-Clipping and almost clipping in general is because the lacking ability of others to grasp it.
    • For example, there's been several threads over the years about clipping being removed and how unfair it is to those that don't know how to or choose not to.
    • Then, you have to look at all the "balancing" made to powers. Almost all of the balancing done to powers have been negative/nerfing.
    The skilled are continuously brought down or held back by the less skilled. The kicker is that every time they are brought down they eventually find some other way to create a gap again and this whole process repeats itself. This has occurred several times over the years regarding powers, power sets, weapons, and now it's finally reaching clipping. My point is that they can "balance" the game as much as they like but a gap between the skilled/less skilled or casual/hardcore will always be created over time.

I predicted that with DLC10/Weapon Mastery the number crunchers will crunch numbers and find the most efficient Weapon Combo(s) for Ranged/Melee Damage which everyone will use. However, the things that will create the gap is general knowledge, experience, execution etc which are all unique to the player. You can balance the game but you can't balance the players.
    • Like x 12
  18. Redscreen5 New Player

Its very hard to justify the weapon changes when at current most (also in the future) HB will still be favorited. They've sped up rifle's grenade and although it doesn't hit as hard is now NOT countable to interrupt. There will be no difference to the segmentation of weapons.

I as many others have stated Celes will become FOTM by the time DLC10 comes out so it looks as if they have altered aspects of that but depending on the extent of it I still stand by that notion.

I also think FOTM can also be more of a social thing. It's not always been the case that whatever hits the hardest will become FOTM. For example because someone see's player "x" using a weapon that they were out DPS with, they also use the same weapon player "x" was using during that raid / alert. Look at staff for instance, for years focus spin has crit high numbers yet hardly anyone used it. It was genuinely an OP weapon but it lacked in popularity which is why it remained unerfed for a long period.
  19. HermanRuth New Player

Hmm...seems live I've heard that before. Oh yeah, after the last update... and the one before.. and the one....
    • Like x 7
  20. Drakonicus New Player

• Like x 7