Server Hotfix - March 4, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Steak Sauce New Player

It's not an overreaction, it's a reaction. If labeling it an "overreaction" and a "small adjustment" makes you happy, you go girl. But don't kid yourself. The overreaction is removing an entire mechanic and calling it a fix. It's taking an already stupid easy raid and making it even easier so that 11 year old timmy can get his gear without understanding the simplest mechanics I have ever seen in a raid.
    • Like x 2
  2. Lemarcel55 New Player

FYI, the devs have stated this is a temporary removal :)
    • Like x 1
  3. FelixDuo Committed Player

Uh...yay, they fixed the Offering tooltip. I wonder if they'll ever make it so we can see the power cost for the moves in the tooltips. That would be nice.
    • Like x 2
  4. Steak Sauce New Player

The removal, maybe. And no one knows what "temporary" means. Probably long enough for everybody and their mums to waltz through the raid and get their gear effortlessly. And also by throwing more money at the game.
    The other changes seem permanent, and they're completely unnecessary. Anyone can beat A&B with a little practice. But no, the cry for instant gratification wins.
  5. Lemarcel55 New Player

What do you mean by instant gratification. Don't people still have to run the raid?
    • Like x 3
  6. TrueOlympus New Player

I meant that in away to reaffirm to players that people are overgeared. not as a way to challenge themselves. Just FYI.
    • Like x 2
  7. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Uhh yes it is a overraction. You guys are crying when you don't even know how much has changed.
    • Like x 5
  8. Steak Sauce New Player

Of course you have to run the raid, but an already easy instance just got easier, meaning you don't really need to put any kind of effort into it to get the best gear in the game.
  9. Steak Sauce New Player

I know enough. 1 attack got removed instead of fixed, 2 attacks got nerfed. I know that an easy fight just got easier. And if the changes are minor, like the recent Tyrant buff that wasn't even news worthy, there wouldn't be an announcement for it. You don't seem to understand what "overreaction" means. Repeatedly explaining what I'm talking about isn't one.
  10. Doc Vinci New Player

Is the bases and armouries being fixed in this update as I sent a support txt 8hours ago and havent heard anything back not happy :(
  11. Jax Prime New Player

If their silence is anything to go by, then No.
  12. SirMuttonChops New Player

Well, a part of it was this:

This kind of makes it seem that you are calling out "geared players." That's why I just wanted to be clear about why you had those particular expectations.
  13. Evian Well-Known Player

Oh boy! A slight Sorcery power change! Can't wait to redo ALL of my armories all over again for the third time! You guys rock! No you don't really, that's just sarcasm.
    • Like x 1
  14. TrueOlympus New Player

nope. im just making sure everyone knows how ridiculous it is to call content easy, while being overgeared for it.
    • Like x 5
  15. light FX Steadfast Player

I saw enickma say is not a nerf and its a fix? dude really? it says 1 of his attacks is suspended meaning its no longer there, sorry but that is a nerf and there is NO reason 2 make this raid easier, its not hard at all, this is just more catering 2 the casual player and the people that cant figure out very easy and simple raid mechanics. Cmon dcuo stop making everything so easy, I mean what is there 2 even strive for, and no challenge, it is pretty ridiculous imo
  16. Enickma Dedicated Player

Suspended, or as they said "temporarily." Meaning this is not a permanent change.
    • Like x 4
  17. Zim New Player

It is easy when I can take my fully 86 corrupted geared healer with 3600 base resto and solo heal a&b with no issues. AND that's with one troll and another leaguemate running their new not even full 85 gear toons thru.

I'm not gonna argue with you.

I liked the random one shot because it gave u a challenge. It challenged the group to communicate to get others up if someone went down.

However you want to put it. You can say fix, nerf, change, or whatever, but the fact is they are making the fight easier than it already was.
  18. TrueOlympus New Player

I think full 85 is overgeared so my views are skewed.
    • Like x 1
  19. Enickma Dedicated Player

So you would prefer them to never fix broken graphics. Noted.
    • Like x 3
  20. Ergotth Committed Player

"mission is too hard, nerf it, pls"
    "mission is too easy, why did you nerf"
    Just shut up and play, ye ninnies. What is easy for ya is not easy for everyone, might be easy for a party where all 8 are cr 100, but ppl with cr90 might want ot have FUN as well. I had to retire a character of mine because I realized I couldnt afford escrows for repairing him and keeping another char of same level (ergo, same expenses).

By the way, I agree with RSL about gates. first you should fix a glitch where the spear statues are dying out of the blues (I keep an eye on them, they just...die, without even the boss nearby) and than, give it a slight buff. something between Gates's current level and Prime.
    • Like x 1