2014 PC Legendary Membership Benefits Update - UPDATED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Sore Steadfast Player

Sounds like Smed just went cowboy and everyone else is playing catch-up.
    • Like x 2
  2. Tocimus Committed Player

sounds more like they are hurting somewhere imo. that, or this is them getting EQ 1-2 players to try EQNext without having to sub...after which they will probably shut down the first 2 games sequentially.

honestly this is going to hurt dcuo alot, but some players from the other games might give it a go since they will now have a sub.

im pretty sure our devs just got broadsided by this announcement. granted this will qualm the threads about not getting enough for subscrition quality.
  3. AgentX44 Committed Player

Did I see this right? All subscribers will have a 10% discount in all the marketplaces (including DCUO marketplace)? Does this mean that the armories will be discounted too for subs? Now that's a big bonus!
  4. Tocimus Committed Player

yup, def going to wait for that to take effect before buying any armories. might be able to get 4 for $20 like it should be.
  5. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I'm not sure how this is going to hurt DCUO. From how I understand it my DCUO sub, perks and all, are essentially unchanged now. Not only that but my sub now gets me full access to all SoE games.
    • Like x 3
  6. DamsonX New Player

I didn't mind the first change too much but this sounds a lot better and i do hope though that this isn't a change because they are getting desperate. Hopefully everyone is doing well and its a win win for bother developers and players.

as for armories i suppose the discount should work for it but who knows when it will take effect so ill just give that extra cash to support dcuo/soe and then worry about discount on next armory purchases when needed
  7. Tocimus Committed Player

because instead of your sub supporting just the game you play, it will now also support the other titles as well. therefore dcuo will be getting less funds for development.
    but we really dont know what the player totals on each game are. there might be a surplus of money coming from others that will boost dcuo.

from our viewpoint, this could be detrimental. our devs clearly had no idea about that announcement. dcuo's future literally just got decided on Two Face (SOE) flipping the coin.
  8. Eschelar New Player

I have also encountered this. I currently only get around 2-3 months out of the year when I can use DCUO. In addition to the fact that it was not very clear that the 3 month sub that I originally bought was in fact automatically renewing itself - which I am sure happens fairly often to people subbing to their first game of this payment model, when I went overseas, I discovered that there is no way to put the 3-month sub on hold, so immediately after that payment went through and discovering that I would not be able to play for the remaining 2.5 months of that time, I was faced with a decision:
    Either cancel the membership right then, with $0 refunded to me AND lose out on the following two months of SC, thus losing out completely on the $40 I had spent.
    OR
    Wait until the time was nearly up and cancel during the last month.

Which I actually didn't manage to do, so I went the second cycle.

As I said before, it was my mistake, but at least I had the SC as a consolation prize.

So, 0 logins for 5 months, no refund possibility, the only thing I had to show for it was some SC.

And SOE thinks the "no pause", "no refund" policy on the 3 months is going to mesh with this "must log in every month" deal?

Not from my wallet.
  9. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

This is fascinating. On the one hand if you only want to play DCUO ever then, okay nothing changed really. Otoh if you are a more casual player and likely to sub for a bit and then move on and spend your money elsewhere *shifty look* then this is actually something that buys a significant amount more brand loyalty and adds a huge amount of value to the subscription, which funnily enough is what I've seen an awful lot of people asking for recently.

I just have this slight nagging feeling that I should be a little teeny bit worried and this is more of a kill or cure move rather than a progressive step forwards.
    • Like x 2
  10. Killthee New Player

So what do these new changes mean for PS3/PS4 subscribers? Are we also gonna be getting the 10% discount on all Marketplace & Loyalty Vendor items?

Also I know it's not set in stone yet, but how would a DCUO/PlanetSide 2 $15 sub work on PS4 now that you're moving away from the proposed item/points per game. Is it gonna be a universal 500 Loyalty Points grant every month?
  11. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Now I get what you meant, I can see the concern in that respect. I'd hope that the sub funds would be divided up based off a percentage that would allow all games to operate as close to unchanged as possible.
  12. Certainlogic New Player

That 10% discount sounds great. Hope you get rid of that terrible LP and keep the 500 SC system.
  13. DawnOfKhaos Well-Known Player

Sounds much better.
  14. Tocimus Committed Player

no, i hope they keep the LP. that way we get both!
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't know yet, to any of these questions.
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...this is a good move for the PC side; it will allow SOE to streamline all of their games under one subscription membership. However, I think it is worrysome for the console side since it takes more mucking through the swamps of red tape to get anyting done. Also, I think that SOE will wait until Sony takes the axe to the PS3 before they include any of the perks that the PC players will recieve.

If SOE plans to cross platform its other games then you can bet your sweet nothings that the PS4 will be the console to recieve it. So, once again the PS players will have to cool their jets until SOE, DCUO and Warner Brothers decide what to do. Typical.
  17. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Is this going to mess up the old legendary subscribers with the 9.99 plan ????
    • Like x 2
  18. Sappire2020 New Player

this sound a little bit better to me....I didn't really like the idea anyway
  19. Harlequin_Nox Committed Player

Basically, from the OP I'm guessing that SOE was looking at subscribers going from 500 SC each month to forcing them to choose an in-game item every month. DCUO Devs said, "let's give our players more options by bringing the Loyalty Vendor from PS into the game for PC, and this way players still have a choice," and the reason we have to log in once a month is so we can "choose an item" from SOE, which for us is the LP.

But players from the other games weren't having it, either, hence the original post in this thread. SOE was looking at a mass exodus of players across the board, not just DCUO. So they're back-pedaling in an effort to retain revenue. This is not them "listening;" it's them saving their own skin.

Personally, I could care less if they're changing it to Loyalty Points from SC. It's the monthly login requirement that galls me. Once again: If I don't log in, will SOE still take my money? YES. Why shouldn't I get the full value of what I've paid for whether I log in or not? If I order a happy meal, I expect my fries with that. I shouldn't have to wait for the employee to ask me if I want them included - it ought to be obvious that I DO.

On a positive note? It's great that they're changing all subscriptions to All Access Passes. I can actually see them losing a small amount of revenue - possibly - from those who sub to multiple SOE MMOs. Which, admittedly, makes me question the severity of my judgment against SOE's intent in regards to being greedy. Pending further information.

I'm keeping an eye out to see what does and does not happen next - which is actually a step up from my plans as of maybe an hour ago. Aforementioned miracle? Maybe. We'll see. o_O
    • Like x 1
  20. Giggles Loyal Player

This is great news. Glad to hear it.

Let me ask however, are there any plans to beef up what Legendary players of DCUO receive each month with their sub? Currentlyq, premium is the cheaper way to go in the long term, but I feel if you guys included things like permanent radar scanners and permanent R&D scanners, and even the max amount of bases per character and max amount of armories per character, with the Legendary subscription, you would have way more people subscribing instead of opting to go premium and purchase when they feel like it.

In other words, give your subscribers the full game without the need for micro transactions, and leave your micro transactions for those that do not sub. The reason I am bringing this up, is that it feels as if you guys are "double dipping". Either way I have a Lifetime sub, so it does not really effect me, it is just my perception of what others are required to pay.

Thanks again for reverting those changes you guys had planned, and hopefully, there are plans to beef up the Legendary perks even further to make subscribing more attractive than it currently is.