why does group finder STILL suck?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Azrakael, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Physique Dedicated Player

It just goes to show how few support role characters are being played, particularly at the lower tier levels. Yes, it is annoying but that's not an issue the developers can address by themselves; as has been the undercurrent of conversation, more needs to be done outwardly to encourage people to play the support roles where they aren't being viewed as being unimportant or being blamed by other, more vocal parts of the community (DPS players, I'm pointing at you).
    • Like x 1
  2. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

One of the probable reasons for this and that many are giving up of others powers. Most of this starting to DPS. I myself am already doing this. Woe to gets harder even find other powers ...
    There is a lot of stupid things in this game. Unfortunately no use talking ... Or do not give a damn or delete your post.o_O
  3. Fanatic New Player

Group finder works just fine. It can only work with whoever queue's up. If more people que up then the finder will have more to work with.
    • Like x 1
  4. Azrakael New Player

great. so I have to farm solo dailys at like maybe 100 marks a pop untill I get the thousands I need to make it to the next tier? or suffer through a broken tool.
    I don't have a guild, I have joined a few but they are all already into cr99 land. I have been through 3 guilds each is WAY past my gear lvl and has no interest in doing "old ****". they all say "just use the LFG or do solo dailys"

how long has gotham wastelands been out? I have never even set foot in there because you basically NEED a group of people who want to do the content to move on. theres a huge wall you hit when you get to tier 2/3. I'm frustrated that I'm being made to climb this wall.

I'm also getting way off topic. and even more frustrated as this thread continues. I will continue to watch FNL each week in hopes that Jens or Mepps says "and hey we have great news in this next update... we fixed the LFG tool" but I'll be spending my money on something else.

I wanted to see if the devs would see this AND if anyone else is hitting this wall and joins me in frustration.. seems like this is a "me" issue and not a community one.
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

It's not great. I also rexommend queueing up for more than one thing at a time. Also, if you don't have a healer...you start getting health back if you hold block. Not a lot of people know that.
    • Like x 2
  6. Azrakael New Player

appreciate the tip. I will continue trying to get to gotham wastelands. just as F2P :p
    probably making it harder on myself but I can't justify paying for frustrations.

I MAY also just role a healer, I hear nature got awesome? :D
  7. IdontDps Committed Player

already stated hes t3 besides there a option to make a group yourself
  8. IdontDps Committed Player

well considering in t1 content there are 90% of noobs i doubt theres that many people not dpsing since noone really does them except t1 and of course he'll get mostly dps since dps are most of the population
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

Smallville is a tier 1 Alert not tier 3.. :/ What others said would about the role optional setting would solve the issue though.
    • Like x 3
  10. Azrakael New Player

i'm afraid it doesn't
    I have toggled the switch on and off. I get a party of DPS in either setting.
  11. Vexedbit Well-Known Player

Then that sounds like a bug. If you have the setting switched to ON, you should be put into alert groups with one of each role.
  12. SuperiorMouse New Player

i apologize. i was thinking of LOA. i remembered one of them had been rebalanced as a T3 alert but i got them confused. -- shows how long it's been since i played those instances.
  13. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

its quite worrying how low.

I specced dps so i could run through content T1-T3 quickly in my T5 gear. I queued for EVERYTHING in duos/alerts from T1-T3 and nothing popped for well over 15 mins.

Even when i turn on role optional alerts it still takes awhile to pop.

No sure what is causing this but i have a strong inkling "skipping content" has something to do with it.

However that would just be alts. Ive seen alot of new/low level players in the 1-30 zones so not sure what they are doing once they hit 30.

They cant all be alts......can they?o_O
  14. Azrakael New Player

well im out thanks for all the feedback guys.. the game may have issues im not willing to overlook but the community is the best.
  15. Superskull85 Devoted Player

It does but those players are required to switch roles. Under the stance they are currently in you should see a smaller icon. This represents the role that they were assigned and are expected to run. You have to ask them to switch roles if they haven't done so.
    • Like x 1
  16. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

There are some pretty steep walls in the game, but that's not one of them if you know the right path. The fastest way through T2/3 is playing duos that drop gear at the upper end of your range and then modding that to jump past the CR boundaries. The Shady Nightclub for example will drop lots of CR64 gear, queue times aren't too bad, you only need to find one other decent person to partner with, and once you learn how to leverage all of the healing barrels it's not too difficult. If you have mostly CR64 equipment from the singles/duos and you put Type 4 mods into them, you can reach CR70 without any excessive grinding for marks to buy equipment. There's just grinding for exobits instead. Then CR70 unlocks Steelworks/Stryker/Ace/Arkham missions that drop CR73 gear to replace everything, so you really just need to get past that by any means necessary. Once you're all CR73 equipment, now there's a serious wall you'll have to grind Marks of Triumph to get past. But that's in Tier 4 territory, where there are some simple missions like Wayward Souls that drop 1000 MoT available.

I just went through T3 with an alt last week, and the only gear I had to save marks to obtain were the mask and rings from the Central City vendor--they don't drop usefully--but those are the cheap items. Now, if you don't have a full legendary account with all of the DLC available, parts of this quick path aren't available. The Oan Sciencells is great for getting from T2 to T3, that's DLC; the CR70 missions are DLC; the Battle for Earth duos are needed to have enough of them to avoid replay spending; and the modding needed can't be done without a lot of in-game money. But access to the full game economy and DLC is a money wall, not a game play one.

If you happen to be on the US PS3 server, come find me and I'll be happy to run as a partner to bootstrap through any of these duos. I did all that myself with only the random matching.
  17. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

Nothing is wrong with the queuing system, the player base is just overrun with DPSes.

Plus, most higher geared players would rather queue in DPS stance in order to run thru the content then be put into a group with content appropriate DPSes who aren’t as strong as them in their support stance.

Queuing is gambling and the most you can hope for is either a balanced group or a getting a player who is so over-geared that they can solo or nearly solo the instance.
  18. Breakforce Loyal Player

Pretty much this. They can queue in as healer, but run as DPS. The game will not automatically force them.

If you have role optional alerts off, and still end up with four DPS, check the powersets, and I'd be willing to bet you are with one of each powerset.
  19. Radium Devoted Player

The problem is that players can queue as either a DPS or off-role. The queue doesn't take into consideration what stance you are in at the time, just what you check off in the little box.

I believe in letting players do what they want, even if it means we have an over abundance of dps, but in this instance I believe that whatever role you are allocated as in the group finder is the role you should be forced to play. One choice only meaning DPS or off-role only to queue as.

BTW OP, I see that you yourself are a DPS as you said 4 DPS repeatedly. You should know that by not playing your off-role you're only exasperating the problem.
  20. IdontDps Committed Player

btw smallville is t1 content