Dumbest Base Items

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

What are some of the base items you've gotten that make no sense to you. For me the dumbest has to be the Lean Garbage Bag. Why would you want to have garbage bags hanging about? Even in the Dive lair? The iron mine cart is a head scratcher as well but it probably goes well with the Cave lair.
  2. Tuff Man Well-Known Player

The worst one for me is probably the barrel. Come on, it looks ugly and its just there for me in the corner. I disagree wth the lean garbage bag one. I think it puts a little "life" into the base like someone is living there or something. So yeah, barrel.
    • Like x 3
  3. ZeroFive New Player

Any that come in a Promethium Box... They've polluted and watered down the loot tables way too much with Barbie Doll decorations.
    • Like x 6
  4. wizlon67 New Player

Loose dirt anyone?
    • Like x 2
  5. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  6. Ryejin New Player

Really hate bumper car, ply wood, scattered dirt / papers, detached carousel horse, few others I'm sure I'm missing, but yea.
    • Like x 1
  7. Bloodartist New Player

The purpose of the base items is to give the base some atmosphere. Not all items are there because you put it there.. some might have been there when you "found the place and started using it as a base" or something. I mean, in-character. Out-of-character we of course put everything in there to create a base we like, but items are there for the purpose of role-playing.

For me, its ancient base amenities. I mean, if the base is supposed to be magic-themed, then why do the dispensers look like candy vending machines? The devs still have this fixation of making everything look like technology. Why couldn't it be altar or something where you get a 'blessing' that acts as your item mod etc.. Why must things always be 'machines'.
    • Like x 13
  8. DaiKaiJu New Player

I know I use loose paper on the ground below my table. makes it look like i was actually working there,
    The loose dirt is probably useful in the Cave but the play house stuff is kinda weird.....
    Probably useful for toy/clown related heroes and villains but I have yet to see a Base that is actually fully compatible with that style.
  9. RapidRay Committed Player

Worst one....the dirt and shovel you get after all that effort of farming 10 collections at Ace Chemicals.
    • Like x 3
  10. Korvyne Committed Player

Scattered dirt in cave lair but I still used it..... :/ . I also have the mine cart in there, that looks ok to me.
    Agree on the garbage bags, wasted item.
  11. EP Ice Loyal Player

Can I just get a prehistoric drop!!! I have never received one!
    • Like x 1
  12. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Don't really like any of them. I am interested in the game for combat not interior decoration.
    • Like x 3
  13. PureDarkness Dedicated Player

I don't think I've ever seen a completely useless base item. Everything I see can be used well in a base concept. For example:

Garbage bags, dirt, rocks, scattered paper, shabby palette:
    I put all that (and a few other stuff) in the first room, to leave the impression that there's a hobo living in the lair. I put a divider there, and if you break it and go to the next room, you'll see the rest of the base is filled with torture tools, electrical chairs, prison cells, etc.

Playhouse items and horses (carousel, rocking horses...): randomly scattered across the base. My character is a sadistic clown. You see a colorful horse staring at you while you get electrocuted.... What's better than that to end a life???

Barrels and mining cart: personally, i didn't use that yet.... But as I bought a cave lair at the last sale, now I will!
    • Like x 1
  14. MercPony Devoted Player

I have three bases with different themes going on. One is my "high class" Penthouse. Another is my personal base with just anything I like or find amusing in there. The third is my "shed" where I put anything weird/creepy (it also happens to be my R&D base).
    • Like x 1
  15. akaivy Dedicated Player

I have a friend who has nothing but junk items in his lair (broken stuff, trash, etc.) It is in keeping with his character name, which I won't state here because i do not have his permission. I give him all my crappy base items and it makes him happy.
  16. Lantern Flash Committed Player

Base items that make no sense?
    Umm?
    THE FACT THAT I HAVE 6 ITEMS CALLED AMENITIES AND I CAN ONLY USE 4!! THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL!! IT HASN'T MADE SENSE FOR THE LONGEST TIME!! THIS IS THE UMPTEENTH POST ON IT!! LET US HAVE MORE AMENITIES ALREADY!!:mad:

[IMG]

And let me tell ya ..... I'm mad bro!!:mad:
    • Like x 5
  17. BlackWingBeyond Committed Player

Speaking of which, promethium lockboxes would actually be a pretty cool base item.
    • Like x 3
  18. Poo New Player

Please let us place items in full 3D. If I want a bed hovering in mid air at a slight angle, I should be able to do that.
    • Like x 2
  19. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

garbage bag i understand. dumpster, not so much.
  20. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

get another deed.