Celestial Powerset Guide/Discussion

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kristyana, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Remander Steadfast Player

Excellent point. Thanks for clarifying. ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Starbrand Dedicated Player

Nowadays, seems every Celestial DPS is overwriting each other.

Plague/DL is everywhere. :/
    • Like x 1
  3. ItsHard New Player

Yep only places i use plague are solos/duos/alerts and thats if theres no other celestial using plague,
    if there is i will go with admonish/blight combo.
    T5 Raids i will do buffs and retri spam with a smite here and there for adds.

Not really bad ,it just makes celestial dps'ing a 1 move power and kind of boring.
  4. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

k so ...this is what ive been doing lately...its really been awesome i dont override anyone... and i dont use divine or plague anymore i dont even pick it up in my trees...my precision is 1300 and my might is 2900.....

anoint/dark pact/benediction/robot sidekick/retribution/smite or curse idol....

so how i do this i have robot side kick up at all times hes a constant dot .... ive seen him hit 200's regularly which is similar to my ticks on curse idol.... he does hit less though but its still a steady stream of damage

my rotation is anoint clip dark pact clip benediction and i spam retribution and weapon attacks and smite...attacks before hitting dark pact again.... its really situational sometimes i feel i benefit more in certain situations when i mix retribution and smite together... boss fights i generally just stick to retribution... and add curse idol so i have two forms of dots going almost constantly during the fight...

you can do two dark pacts before you have to hit benediction again so usually it goes.. retribution spam dark pact retribution spam dark pact clip benediction retribution spam anoint clip dark pact clip benediction retribution spam...

to be honest i hate using the robot but it seems to be helping my dpsing a lot..so ill keep him for now until i can find something better.... i think it would have been funnier (and kinda cool) if celestial had a pet cherub/mini demon that did dot ro hot depending on role but oh well

anyway i dont know if many of you are doing this... it seems to be working for me .... i tried to include the below 35% finisher but the amount of damage my retribution spam does was greater then the time it takes to get one finisher off... so i dropped it

divine light and plague are just very slow and the overide issues makes it not worth it
  5. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Don't like the robot? But pets are fun.
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

i actually have become more fond of pets in this game since i really started brick tanking with earth .. at first i snubbed my nose at it..but i realize how much better tanking was with the pet then it was with out ... i had more freedom... then i started using crystal for damage and just love having a pet....

that said haha i just dont like the robot the way he looks in particular... hes actually pretty helpful damage wise i just im not a "tech" character so thats my only real gripe....

to be honest i wish the home turf side kick was a permanent pet ..like something call up and stays out until you either make him go or he dies and you have to call up another...this is all based on aesthetics
  7. mgkaenzo Committed Player

In paradox use the pet isn't really good imo, as dps and as earth tank too btw. During a little time I used robot but he die too much and for earth I preffer jackhammer because it's more based on the player than play with pet. I don't want to care about a pet I prefer play fully myself instead of watching an IA try to help me when I don't need it.
  8. 13igtyme Devoted Player

As long as the pet doesn't take a full hit they can survive most stuff. For brick and crystal damage transfer isn't going to kill them.
  9. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Yes but the problem is that it won't dodge any attack because it's a pet
  10. Xzotix Committed Player

I don't recall any overwriting issues with any configuration when this power went live, did something change?
    I've taken PcDL off my load out now because of what I've read on the last few pages of this guide.
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

About half way through the testing period (when it was put on test server) the DoT powers were adjusted to have stacking issues.
  12. Vilden New Player

im kinda tired of testing xD, now im trying a loadout a bit different from what i see most ppl use..

i use McB, PLcDL, BLcDM, ScH, RcW, and i was using AcB, but the range is too short, and i play with riffle. so doesnt fit with me.
    so now i need to figure what gonna be my 6th power, keeping in mind that im gonna use this loadout for both pve, and pvp.
  13. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

DMcBL is a good one for melee range situations. I love it in PVP. But in pvp a movement mode power would be nice as well for the debuff.
  14. Xzotix Committed Player

O.K., that's understandable. Has the power cost changed? I saw a thread asking for that (nerf) about a week or so back but can't find it now.
  15. Gokaigerbay New Player

even if the dot from plague->divine light overwrite eachother, the biggest hit is the 3000-5000damage from the combo anyway.
    • Like x 1
  16. DrDiabeto Well-Known Player

How do youperform the ret defile jump combo with 1h?
  17. 13igtyme Devoted Player

While that might be true, the second person casting divine light isn't getting any burst damage.
  18. mgkaenzo Committed Player

Nope, When you speak about damage you never speak about crits, the normal damage is from I think 1500 to 2000, yes with benediction and sp ... you do lots of crit and also 3k is nothing a simple RcW do 2500 to 3k with no crit while the cast time is faster and if 1 tick crit it does at least 3200, if it's the main tick who crit it's at least 4k.
  19. DrDiabeto Well-Known Player

Idk if anyone cares but my loadout is ret, smite, bene, anoint, dark pact, cursed.idol....ridiculously easy and crazy damage with the 3 buffs up. I don't use plague due to the large amount of other celestial dps using it
  20. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Retribution -melee tap- range tap - defile-Jump*-focus blast

The jump is optional, but basically unlike rifle you do the jump first then charge your 1h attack.
    • Like x 1