SOE Live -- Design With the Devs

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Loche, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobbler New Player

I think The Shazam one sounds the best.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reign New Player

Hey, I think it would be awesome (even if only open to legendary members) to be able to customize the color of your power. For example, my main character has power of fire; in co-op battles I can't tell whose flames are mine and whose are other fire tanks. It would add a new dimension to character customization to have like whatever color flames to set me apart from other characters. It would also be nifty if this extended to my weapon attacks, so my sherikin aren't always red/orange. More customization pweeez!? I've heard this discussed on many other forums, so I know I'm not alone here. Consider it!! :)
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Man, this was brutal. Not the ideas, but the fact we got no breaks for food. I was starving. XD

My team was the one that worked on Enter Shazam. It was a good fun group. We got a lot of ideas out that would help with development. Loche was thoroughly impressed with our group. :) It was interesting, because we did most of the talking and I don't think Loche could say anything, but we could hear the other groups having their team leader talk a lot. :) Good times.

I gotta say though, the Supersize me one I didn't expect to be that way at all. I expected the atomverse that he did during the 90s was going to be the choice, not a kryptonian dog. lol
  4. BumblingB I got better.

They would be one per instance. You should read the 52 story arc. Here's a picture of them:
    [IMG]
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Oh we also had Captain Marvel and Black Adam for purchase in the marketplace for legends.
  6. TheLoneLantern New Player

I was gonna say... "How could you not have BA and CM as legends characters instead of Miss Marvel?"
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I am not sure why it got left off from the list. The vault was supposed to be F2P too, in an accompanied update before the launch of the DLC. I was very vocal with that, I don't like the idea of a vault being exclusive when it is already 1 per week for f2p and every 3 days for premium.
  8. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I've seen the 52 series that had the four horsemen in it and they remind me of the t4 set they all look like they walk out of a bad power rangers episode .
  9. Mathalos Well-Known Player

I was in the group for Monkey Business. This exercise really gave a lot of insight into the insane process behind every DLC and how much work truly goes into each one. I appreciated every developer so much more for what they accomplish after experiencing this.
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Actually think they were going with that, tbh. They were designed by a bunch of 3rd and 4th rate Mad Scientists with T.O.Morrow. I would not expect anything less. lol

And tbh, the T4 armor sets are all ugly. Same with T3 and T5... Now that I think of it, all the iconic sets are ugly. :(
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

I was in this group. Pardon my memory and perception if it differs from others in the group. We focused in right away on a "fantastic voyage" style experience about running content shrunk down and see the world from that perspective. We spent a lot of time discussing the various ways we could present that experience. We also took guidance from Spytle to ensure we're taking liberties to steep ourselves in the DC lore and not just taking on a generic adventure that could happen in any game.

It starts with the FOS Infiltration alert (villain perspective) where you go through sections. The first section has you full size and each section sees you a smaller size from the last section. To avoid building new mechanics, we're focusing on hone trick of just going through sections with scaled up landscapes instead of scaled down players. An ongoing threat is Krypto who eventually ends up Trigon-sized compare to you. Ideally he would be a periodic environment threat.

Once inside, the first goal comes in the next alert. You enter the Sunstone AI Matrix, a digital odyssey, to disable some of Superman's FOS defenses from a software perspective, leading up to corrupting the Jor El AI in a Lawnmower Man or Johnny Mnemonic.

The final stretch is the raid for the Kryptonian Biosphere which includes being inside Superman's body and infecting him. There were a lot of ideas about how this would come together, whether starting outside his body and including traversing his face to enter his nostril. Or, you could just start out inside to focus more on the inner space experience.

For the villains, we wanted to pull in Dr Sivanna as the mad scientist behind the tech for villains. For heroes, their job is to come in behind the villains and undo everything they've done. They don't want Superman to know that he's vulnerable to this type of attack, hence they also need to be covert and infiltrate. They are paired up with Ray Palmer as he doesn't need special tech to shrink others.

For the PvP match, we wanted to offer the "fight in a box" style match everybody has been wanting. It would be similar to Oan in layout but with a compelling landscape. Given the new direction about PvP, less timing to DLCs, it might not be needed. With Legends, we thought we'd throw Jens a bone for Krypto. Maybe the Nature update can bring weapon combos for dog form and page the way for Krypto. Dr Sivanna was an idea about gadgets and tricks from a mad scientist. It could be a little wacky and zany in a different direction from Joker.

Like every group, we wanted to take a stab at a power. We proactively assumed that shrinking and growing in game might be a little too complex to pull off and might really be gimmicky, especially in PvP. We thought a Contagion powerset would be still keeping with the theme and be an interesting take for a healer powerset.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

Monkey Business!
    Overview
    It includes the following features:
    • 2 Alerts
      • Central City
      • Oolong
    • 2 Iconic Solo Challenges
      • Flash
      • Grodd
    • X Gear Sets
    • 2 Legends
      • Jay Garrick
      • Professor Zoom
    Premise:
    Gorilla Grodd has escaped Stryker's and is ready to exact revenge on Flash. He assaults Central City before taking over the abandoned facilities on Oolong. Will you help or hinder Grodd from using his giant volcano powered laser to spread his gorilla rage worldwide?

Player Package Addition:
    • Magnamorphic powers:
      • Controller
      • Morphic Tree
      • Magnetic Tree

13. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

Enter Shazam!
    Overview
    • 1 Raid (World War III - Bialia)
    • 2 Alerts (Oolong and Rock of Eternity)
    • 1 Iconic Alert (Path to Eternity)
    • 4 Gear Sets
      • 4 Horsemen
    • 3 Legends
      • Mary Marvel (Black Mary Marvel)
      • Klarion
      • Tawny
    • New Vault for Bases
  14. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

Supersize Me!
    Overview

• 1 Raid
      • Kryptonian Biospace
    • 2 Alerts
      • FOS Infiltration
      • Sunstone AI Matrix
    • 1 Arena
      • Superman's brain
    • 2 Gear Sets
      • Atomized Battle Suit
      • Sivanna Suit
    • 2 Legends
      • Krypto
      • Sivanna
    Premise:
    The Fate of the Earth's greatest hero will be decided as heroes and villains infect or cure Superman. Dr. Sivana and Lex Luthor have teamed up to create a dastardly concoction that has been achieved by shrinking to infect Superman. The Man of Steel's life now hangs in the balance as heroes now join Ray Palmer inside the biospace of Superman to save him from death.

Player Package Addition:

• Contagion
      • Healer
      • Remedy Tree
      • Malady Tree
  15. SuperiorMouse New Player

So, for clarification, are you looking for forum users take on each exercise? Or are you looking for feedback on the player content from SOE Live?
  16. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

This was one of the only DCUO panels that I missed at SOE Live, good to see this stuff posted, others were telling me how much fun it was =)
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, you had to go to some other game's panel. Traitor! LOL Of course, it was the EQ Next panel you went to, so it made sense. lol
  18. The Hornet New Player

The Shazam DLC sounds absolutely bad ***. The Four Horsemen armor concept sounds pretty sick. I need this to happen.
  19. Decree New Player

Fix sorcery first.
  20. Sore Steadfast Player

The panel was meant to educate us on the process with a high-level example. It wasn't nearly enough time to really refine any ideas crisply. I could have spent weeks. I think the intent was more focused on the process than the result. In our cases, the titles were provided for us therefore we didn't really have carte blanc to work from. Feedback about results should be given with a grain of salt. Feedback on the process makes for an interesting discussion. An attempt to repeat the process would be an interesting effort worth sharing.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.