The New Loot System has Ruined the Nexus Paradox Raids!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RJTally31, Aug 30, 2013.

1. XODUIS Committed Player

Ok you're definately taking words out of my mouth. I mever once say i only run with my league no one does even the legenedary One Pieced, but if you like assuming thats you. All im saying is, i way more gear with the old system than the new one. You're not comprehending, or completely ignoring why people do league runs. Multiple people i dont even know are saying the same thing but yet you only argue with me. I think it's a personal thing now. And no, my league wouldnt carry me thru Nexus and i wouldnt allow them, hence why i replayed BiA so much. My run in with Count Shockula turned me off from Nexus completely until i was geared enough to run it. So to sum it up in case it was confusing for you: Was in the middle of gearing up, ran Nexus failed horribly and got discourged from it completely, ran BiA till i knew it like the back of my hand, got to cr97, ran with my league and did league runs with them
    • Like x 1
  2. RJTally31 Active Player

ok you have a point it's the loot table that I have a problem with but at the same time others have made valid points but get told they don't know what they are talking about. In those 10 times you did nexus was it with lfg or thru league run. My point is this the system is great for lfg (aka pug groups) league or friend runs. Are the ones that hate this system. Because let use healers for example. If you are a healer you had a 50/50 chance that if healer gear dropped you got it. But now healer gear drops that are healer needed and the tank gets it. Then everyone is bummed cause instead of one person leavening happy everyone leaves with salvage. That makes it feel like instead of that 50/50 you are stuck with 1 in how ever big that loot table is that you get the gear you need. All I would really like to see is an option for loot so those who love new loot system then run like that others that don't like it can run with old system don't just change a systems that people have been useing and got used to and force us into a new without an option to first see if we like it or not
    • Like x 3
  3. PromethiumLockbox New Player

I'm a Controller & I shouldn't be getting Healer or Tank drops from every boss encounter every time I run Nexus or Paradox.... I might as well not be getting loot at all, just saying.
    • Like x 2
  4. XODUIS Committed Player

i gave him this example many times, he wont accept that leagues legit hate the system
    • Like x 1
  5. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/the-new-loot-opinion-page.170396/page-4

Your last reply at the bottom of the page pretty much confirms that I am not taking words out of your mouth, putting words in your mouth or doing anything with your mouth.

Your argument changes all the time and when someone raises a good point against you, you play the "omg it must be personal card". It isn't personal. I'm just sick of clueless idiots posting hatred towards a good, fair system in the hope that enough negative complaints will have it removed.

You also called me selfish.
  6. XODUIS Committed Player

Exactly, because thats really all your getting anyway
    • Like x 1
  7. IGotYA New Player

Most simple way to look and understand the new system is:
    everytime you go into a raid, its the same as everyone but you being loot locked from it.
    • Like x 3
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

The keywords you used there are "if healer gear dropped". IF healer gear dropped. For an item of healer gear to drop, it has to beat all the troll gear, all the DPS gear, all the tank gear, weapons and other items. Once it has beaten the odds, there are then further odds placed on the system in the form of rolling.

On the new system, the exact same process happens. The difference comes after the loot has been selected. Instead of having to compete with the odds of beating your team mates in a roll, you instantly get the item now. That is all that has changed. The loots would still be as crappy as they are now if the old system was still in place.

As has also been discussed many times, it's impossible to make it optional, because many people don't want to run the old system and many people don't want to run the new system. You can't have half the raid get loot automatically and the other half roll for whatever drops. All that would do is create even more ridiculous shouts in LFG "need ___ for paradox cr99 old loot system" and divide the community even more than it is now.
    • Like x 2
  9. XODUIS Committed Player

where did my argument change anywhere. i ALWAYS said it good for PuGs but bad for leagues. See your taking my words out of context. Im guessing you've never been in a league becuase if you were, you'd know not all memebers are on all times of the day. So you'll have to PuG once in while. And even most of the time the people i "PuG" with are my friends or people ive ran with in the past. But instead of arguing, im gonna try to understand what you think im saying. You think im saying "I never PuG only league runs" when i never said that. i said "It's awesome for PuGs but league and friends are suffering". As me, Black Opz, and RJ Tally, and Promethium Lockbox have stated. Now im gonna give you my argument for the last time since the others did not register with you. Leagues do not like them because we cannot control the drops distribution. For example, if Traces DPS legs drop, we're obviously gonna let the DPS have it. Now with the new system, Traces DPS legs drop we have no control over who get its it, versus us passing on it and letting the DPS get it. This is my main argument but you cannot seem to understand it. This has nothing to do with chances or loot period. This is a perfectly hypothetical scenario if Traces DPS dropped. Before in the Old Loot System, leagues only had to worry about what WILL drop. Now in the New Loot System, leagues have to worry about what WILL drop and WHO will get it. I hope i finally made an argument for you
    • Like x 1
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

All I'll say is

You've admitted you don't always run with friends or your league, so that already questions your motives behind your hatred of the system. But then you've admitted you sometimes PUG it anyway, and have been quoted as saying "the new loot is awesome for PUGs" therefore it is awesome for you, which invalidates your reasons to hate it. Get it? probably not. But I'm done explaining anyway.

As for your argument, I completely get it. It is a downside, but the upside is that everyone gets their own shot at the loot table now, with no interference from their team mates. Which could technically lead to 2 or more people leaving with traces gear. It could also mean multiple people leave with plans and recovery kits which could be traded freely amongst leagues/friends without having to run it multiple times.

Also, your example of traces DPS legs is a terrible example as if DPS traces legs dropped for ANYBODY in the game who didn't own a pair, it'd be a good drop as everybody can be DPS. It can even be used to claim that piece of the style set, too. In fact, in your example, you stated that the DPS gear would go to the DPS, yet everyone can play DPS and some people might want to, but they'd be unable to roll on it if they were in that situation. Therefore the new loot system is better for those players, rather making them wait for the 3rd/4th time they drop before they become "free for all" to a league/friend group.

What you can't seem to grasp is that just because the healer got troll legs, the tank got healer legs and DPS got tank legs, it doesn't mean that it was destined to drop had it been on the old system. You can't grasp that though. You assume because others got it, it was bound to happen. It wasn't.

In fact, hypothetically, the tank has Traces tank legs. What if tank traces legs drop as the raids final boss loot, who does that benefit? nobody. Just exactly the same as if you receive no controller gear in at the end of Nexus on the new loot system. That is a problem with the loot table and not the system. The system benefits everybody and doubles you chance of getting something you need (by removing the probability of losing it to another player when it finally beats the poor odds in the loot table).

End of discussion.
  11. XODUIS Committed Player

You say "Also, your example of traces DPS legs is a terrible example as if DPS traces legs dropped for ANYBODY in the game who didn't own a pair, it'd be a good drop as everybody can be DPS. It can even be used to claim that piece of the style set, too. In fact, in your example, you stated that the DPS gear would go to the DPS, yet everyone can play DPS and some people might want to, but they'd be unable to roll on it if they were in that situation." Keep in mind we are doing a league run so we are not gonna need on as, we did not come into the raid as the role and shouldnt get it. You really need to find a league so you can experience true league runs because the way you make it sound is league runs have the same values as PuGs. Im not even gonna say civilized or organized, because at this point, this far in the game, everyone should know not to need on their off-role unless the person who's running that role is ok with that. The random PuG groups i've ran with even know that. I dont know what server or platfrm you're on but you make it sound that people has no sense of common knowledge there
  12. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'm not using myself as an example. I'm just creating examples that people face every single day in game. I have no issues with ninja looting or being ninja looted. My problems I experience are with the loot tables and never seeing controller gear drop, I hated the fact that if I did ever see something drop, I'd have to compete against the other troll in order to win it. Meaning I only ever have a 50% chance of getting it.

Since DLC7 dropped, I've been in 3 leagues. 1 league I left because the people in it were *****. The second league I left because the league owner's good friends were both trolls and I wasn't being asked to run content and the third league I was in disbanded while I was offline because my PS3 YLOD-ed. I haven't ran Nexus to completion since I came back online last week because I don't want to PUG it and my friends are away playing FF14.

I have been in leagues, I get leagues and I know all about the rules when it comes to needing on roles. What I'm saying is that if I wanted to gear up my DPS role to the best gear in the game, I would have to ninja loot my league mates, as I always play controller, on the old system. I would then have to run instances in a role I'm not very good at yet, just to justify being able to roll need on DPS gear under the old system. The new system allows me to build my off-role while playing my stronger role without pissing anybody I play with off. That's all I was saying with regards to the DPS gear.

Now who's the one putting words into other peoples mouths? :p
    • Like x 1
  13. XODUIS Committed Player

Work you're DPS like you're working up you're main role. You wouldnt just jump in Nexus as troll with nothing but green gear would you? Go in the solos, ops, alerts, duos and get your DPS gear. Dont just jump in and start needing on DPS gear thats also basic knownledge. Build up your DPS Manta/Monarch gear properly. But, however if the DPS dont need the piece then get it, saves you 60 MoR and six days of work
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

No I get that and I agree that if you're learning a new role you should do it properly, but what I'm saying is that the new system allows you to get the best DPS (or off-role if you're already DPS) gear in the game without stealing loot from the other members of your team.

I am best as a controller. I'm not very good as DPS at the minute because I prefer and enjoy to play controller. If I bought all the T5 Manta DPS gear, the new system allows me to upgrade what I've got without having to run the raids as DPS. Just like it allows say a Mental DPS to gear up as a controller without stealing any of your traces drops.

That's a major benefit to the game as it increases the usefulness of every player if they can do both roles. In fact, I believe I remember a post of yours demanding people play their off role more. The new system encourages that and when armories are installed, a lot of people will be able to take full advantage of it.

Every aspect of the new loot system is better than the old. Your complaints are focused on what's dropping which is nothing to do with the system. Check out the post I wrote in my signature (I replied later on with a summary if you can't read). I imagine you'll agree with my suggestion because even though we may disagree on the loot systems, we can both agree that the loot tables and methods of collecting the best gear in the game are awful.
    • Like x 1
  15. Cirocband New Player

Must the devs always create a new problem while trying to fix one? I understand the new loot system was to stop ninja looters, but now the loot is ruined for everyone else. Instead of 1 or 2 maybe 3 ppl leaving the raid happy because they got loot, now its possible all 8 ppl can leave disappointed because everyone got salvage based loot. It doesn't matter if its 87+ or not, if you can't use it, then it was a pointless run. Atleast the old system u wasn't getting gear because it didn't drop in your role (with a small percentage of ninja looters as well), but now you have to worry about if loot will drop in your role and will you get or will it go someone else who doesn't even need it.
  16. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

do not get me wrong i see some times u dont always get the loot u want/need but guess wat when that paradox glitch was up i did it 10 times and i got 0 troller gear ..... so that just goes to show loot is nvr certain regardless of weather this new update or before it
  17. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

ok it's not perfect but believe me when i say the good outweighs the bad
    • Like x 2
  18. Kristyana New Player

And I've explained that there's no reason for them to hate it because mathmatically, if everyone agrees to pass on something so someone else can get it that nothing has changed.

The problem is with the balancing of the loot tables, not the new way loot is distributed.
    • Like x 4
  19. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I ran 4 alerts and 1 raid yesterday. ALL BELOW T5 and thus on the old loot system.
    I ran as a controller in all 5. I was solo troller in all 5. 1 of the alerts was actually my Quantum troll and 3 light dps.
    4 pieces of controller gear dropped out of all 5 runs. That's probably more than average for 5 runs.
    I got my MoT.
    I lost the roll on every piece of controller gear.

Can you understand why I'm in favor of the new system? It seems to me that salvaging Tank or Healer gear to get mats and work towards a feat is preferrable to getting NOTHING.

Were there other options the devs could have gone with? Sure! The easiest one would be to make Need available only for the role you're playing! But, what if I queue as a controller, and a dps dc's. He's replaced by a troller with a higher CR and Vit than me, so I switch to dps. UNLESS he dc'd right as we defeated one boss, I played both roles to get to the next boss. What then? Is it the role I was in when I queued or the one I was in when the boss fell? Seriously? Or should I be kicked because a stronger troller showed up, even if we haven't had any problems up to this point?

Jerks like the ones who rolled on all that controller gear I saw are the reason there is a new loot system. Something needed to be done, and still needs to be done in the lower content.

Was this an ideal solution? No. There IS no ideal solution.

The best thing to do now would be to adjust the random tables: Weigh them towards the role you are playing.

BUT, I actually feel that the randoms need fixing game-wide. Rare gear is too rare, especially when it is needed for feat points. I shouldn't have to play over a year before seeing a single piece of Hive Defender drop, should I? Get real, devs!
    Sorry, got off topic for a bit...

The point is... SOMETHING needed to be done. The devs did something.
    For some of us, it CAN'T be worse than the old system.
    I'm sorry if the change that I feel will help me is hurting you.
    But I'm glad they did it.
    • Like x 1
  20. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I allready got 6 or more recovery-kits in the last 5 days from doing Nexus three times and the new alert about 28 times (my main and my hand full of alts, only resetting twice). That's more than I got from doing OPs and Nexus, rolling against others, in two months.
    • Like x 4