Mentals' Mass Terror Spams Automaticlly .....HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by smoove76, Aug 30, 2013.

1. smoove76 Committed Player

As stated in title Mass Terror ((( AFTER THE DLC UPDATE ))) Spams 3 - 4 times in a row automatically, even when you are making sure to activate it only once. This for me is a REAL PROBLEM, because Mass Terror IS the HEART of my loadout. NO OTHER POWER COMES CLOSE!!! To have my character go on a Mass Terror Spam-fest ((( During EVERY attack ))) is truly bothersome, and I can't even cancel out of it until it's finished.... I'VE TRIED. So please look in to this , I'm sure I'm not the only Mental user who is experiencing this PROBLEM.
    • Like x 29
  2. lilshrimpydog New Player

Was about to make this thread. Happens to me too its like every rotation I do Mass Terror will spam at least 2 times. Theres no way to deal with it except for letting it run its course. Definitely need to look into it because it is hurting my damage output
    • Like x 4
  3. The Hornet New Player

I experienced the same thing here. It's been spamming back-to-back mass terrors on me all day - which wouldn't suck if it still stacked, but there you go.
    • Like x 4
  4. smoove76 Committed Player

HEY DEVS..... By the way ( F.Y.I ) BUG/GLITCH REPORT above is coming from US-PS3 SIDE
    • Like x 5
  5. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

i've noticed it, its like how savege growth was for nature
    • Like x 1
  6. La Chupacabra New Player

USPC here, same story
    • Like x 5
  7. Agent Chance New Player

Same here. USPS3.
    • Like x 1
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Same on EUPC..
    • Like x 2
  9. The Hornet New Player

Make sure you thumbs up the OP so we can keep this in front of them.
    • Like x 2
  10. Kristyana New Player

Happening constantly on my mental toon as well, both in DPS and in Troller role
    • Like x 1
  11. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Mental troll here, yeah I've pretty much dropped it from my loadout at this point can't risk constantly throwing 2-4 mass terrors ina row especially in a raid.
    • Like x 1
  12. Liongale Dedicated Player

I was just coming to report this. It seems to trigger when you try to do anything before Mass Terror finishes it's full animation, whether it be pressing another power key, or clicking a mouse button. It'll make you cast Mass Terror about 3-4 times, or until you run out of power, whichever comes first.

Can't find a way to cancel out of it, either.
    • Like x 1
  13. mgkaenzo Committed Player

I didn't get once on EuPs3
  14. TheLoneLantern New Player

Ok, so after talking with Kris and Liongale, apparently I'm the only one having ZERO problems with Mass Terror? It's been working perfectly fine for me, before and after the update.

It would help a lot if someone is able to identify what is causing the bug. That way, I could help to try and test and see if it will then bug for me as well.

What power slot is your Mass Terrors in? I put mine in power 1.
  15. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Same is happening to me, even if I clip mass terror with phase dodge it will still do a auto mass terror right afterwards.
  16. Kristyana New Player

I finally figured out what's causing the bug, though I don't know how to fix it.

If you use a different binding key for whatever power slot Mass Terror is in (I rebind my keys to the numberpad) and happen to hit the power more than once in the heat of battle to make sure it fires off, it will spam it for however many times you hit the button. If I press the button 3 times quickly to make sure it fires off, I will spam it 3 times.

This only works on keys you've rebound. It will not work with the default keys.

EDIT: This seems to be trying to happen with other mental powers with short cooldowns. Thinks like Pyrokenesis and Telekensis are attempting to do the same thing, but can't since the cooldown times are longer. It seems like it's doing this to Mass Terror because the cooldown is shorter than the animation time?

I'm not sure. Either way, it's annoying, and appears to be identical to the Savage Growth bug a while back.
  17. TheLoneLantern New Player

Like I said in lfg, I don't think rebinding keys is the cause.
    I was able to reproduce the 4-cast spam once, out of like 500 casts. I have my power keys set to the original binding.

Also, the animation time is like a 1/4 second faster than the cooldown time. Maybe something is happening when you cast it the first time, which is cutting down the cooldown time?
  18. Gwalir Loyal Player

That may be part of it, but that doesn't explain the one PS3 player who has experienced it, unless he is using a keyboard to play.

Never heard of someone on the PS# giving up their controller to do that before, though I guess there's always a chance... :confused:
  19. TheLoneLantern New Player

Ok, so I've been able to reproduce this with a lot more frequency.

What I've noticed is that the cooldown of Mass Terror will sometimes get cut shorter than the animation time, as a result of spamming the key.

Normally, when you press the power key, there will be a short pause (showing the red cooldown circle) before the cooldown actually starts to tick. When you spam the key multiple times, there's a chance to eliminate this pause, which causes the cooldown to be shorter than the animation, resulting in multiple, unintended casts.

However, I still don't know how the spamming of the key is causing this, which must be an internal situation that only the devs will be able to figure out.
  20. Wilder Midnight New Player

i was wondering if if was time for me to get a new controller.