Mentals' Mass Terror Spams Automaticlly .....HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by smoove76, Aug 30, 2013.

1. TRexTNRLA New Player

I can reproduce this almost everytime on my mental DPS on the USPS3 side. Im using handblasters and it is mapped to my L2 Circle.

The bug only occurs for me if there are enemies on screen or on target. If I'm standing in the open with nothing locked onto, it does not seem to occur. What I typically do is rotate like this:

1) Pop Mass terror then clip to menace,
    2) While menace is on cooldown, I pop Mass Terror again and immedatially hold triangle for my hand blaster combo.
    3) When holding triangle for my weapon, mass terror will either double or triple cast

What I have noticed is that Menace seems to be the only clipable power that is stopping the double and triple cast (however even it has failed on one ocassion). However, going to hand blaster with or without casting menace will intiate the glitch and it will double or tripple cast Mass Terror. This will ahppen almost every time if adds are present.

Also, I have had it recast when trying to cast other powers to early.

Please look into this. Take care.
  2. The Hornet New Player

I'm on PS3 and experiencing it, too. It's R2-square for me.

Normally I'm throwing TKBolt with R2-X and then rapidly tapping triangle to clip the last .5 seconds of the animation with rifle grenade, then as soon as my toon ***** his arm back I clip the grenade with mass terror (R2-square) then clip another grenade by tapping triangle (it's a double tap for me, just a timing mechanic) then throwing phantom flames with L2-triangle.

The MT bug got me wiped two-three times in Nexus tonight, though when a gas canister or damage pool popped on me, I couldn't even jump-cancel the animation to get out. Taking MT out of the loadout's a non-option for me, though. It's the heart of my rotation.
    • Like x 1
  3. lanternknight Committed Player

It happens to me on my mental and fire toon. The times it happens is when I cast a power and quickly go into my triangle hold triangle combo on my hand blaster. If I cast the power and hit the triangle button quick enough and repeatdly, I keep casting the last power each time I hit triangle. I haven't experienced this on my HL toons
  4. WonderValkyrie New Player

that was happening to me too where i did 2-3 mass terrors in a row i thought it was me hitting the buttons too fast even though it had never happened like that before, also i think the targeting is messed up i notice i keep facing the opposite way durimg attacks more often than i used to before dlc 8
  5. The Hornet New Player

It'd be nice to get a green name on this, it's making it pretty difficult to run with this.
  6. Psychofro Active Player

yup lol happening to me also, it is quite annoying..
    • Like x 1
  7. Miahztwin Committed Player

You prob still suck if it wasn't broken
  8. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

the most bothering part is that ....it eats mad power in the process
    • Like x 2
  9. The Hornet New Player

Yeah, absolutely drains your blue bar. That and mt can draw lots of agro. Drawing lots of agro + stuck in animation = gray screen.
    • Like x 1
  10. Susanoo Well-Known Player

I just logged on to report this lol.
    This is very annoying and causes me to spend unwanted power so please fix this soon!
    Has anyone put in a ticket about this yet?
    • Like x 1
  11. MentosTroll Loyal Player

please fix this abomination
  12. smoove76 Committed Player

For better or worse I (sigh) STILL use Mass terror in my loadout even knowing what it mean.....I HOPE the devs aware of this by now. MEPPS ??? ANYONE???
    • Like x 2
  13. The Hornet New Player

I submitted a ticket a few days ago and haven't heard anything. Holiday weekend, I suppose. Still running with it. Our tank asked "can you switch it out of your loadout and run something else 'till they fix it?"

No. Just no. It's mass terror, it's the heart of the rotation. An entire tree is built around hitting guys with mass terror and then hitting them with stuff that interacts with mass terror.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

My friend had been having the same issue for the last 4 days or so, and we all thought that maybe his controller on the PS3 (US player) was oversensitive or something. Then yesterday I logged in with my Mental DPS and I saw the VERY same issue occur with me.

I have Mass Terror mapped to R2-Square, and this would occur when I would hit MT and then go into either Psychic Flames or any weapon combo. It eats up more than half your power bar, which is real bad when you're running solo missions without a Troll.

Like so many others here, I can't run without Mass Terror, it's a Bread & Butter move. PLEASE acknowledge this mess, and then provide a fix. Thanks in advance.
  15. Dagg212121 New Player

Mental player ps3 also happening to me. I look even more of a power ***** in Paradox the other night. I try and clip it with something to make it stop. Very frustrating I tried a new controller as well.
  16. Evil Hamster New Player

EU Ps3

The bug of uncontrolled Mass Terror repetition appears while trying to either use any non clipping power or weapon attack before its animation is done.

Example:
    MT (R2+Triangle) -> 1h ranged charged attack (Triangle)
    ^In this case Mass Terror will have one more extra cast, and sometimes(very often) there won't be any ranged reaction from your weapon.
  17. The Hornet New Player

Still no response on my ticket, or from the twitter account. : /
  18. spord Developer

We are looking into it. I can't get you a time frame until we track it down.
    • Like x 1
  19. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I just tried Mass Terror today, both in an alert and on the sparring targets, and I didn't spam it multiple times. Perhaps the last hotfix unintentionally fixed things for us?
  20. SoulflyMike42 New Player

I was using MT last night before the early morning hotfix and it was spamming still. Annoying! Im gonna check later tonight. The spam Mass Terror and the start button glitch have been around long enough.