Omaar's HL dps guide.

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by OMAAR, Feb 15, 2013.

1. AIpha New Player

Holy macro batman!
  2. Zim New Player

Thanks for your input but this combo is not possible on the PS3 as fast as they are doing it. As a matter of fact I think its a macro. There is no way you can go from power fan, THEN JUMP CANCEL with a PT, to power snap trap fan and then repeat in that amount of time, especially on the PS3.

The advice I need are from people playing on the PS3. Thanks for your help though.
  3. Clip New Player

Ok so im jealous on your trolls aswell :D
    But looked great what she did...
    Cant wait to play dcuo on the ps4, maybe with a keyboard and mouse :D
    • Like x 2
  4. Agnetta Dedicated Player

im on ps3 too. it might not be quite as fast as the pc, but yes you can power fan > snap trap > fan on the ps3, it just takes practice. i think starting with snap trap is more comfortable. i do snap trap > fan > power fan. you can jump cancel power fan before you see the fan animation just like you can jump cancel prec fan.

i might be able to have my friend make a video of me doing it. if you can do K007, you can do this combo. plenty of ps3 players use K007, it just takes practice.

just go to the war room and practice power fan > triangle > x > snap trap > 2 triangles > x
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You greatly underestimate how much easier it is to play on a keyboard without any of that ps3 lag :D. Doing the k007 rotation is tough but it's all doable and when you spend as much time on test dummies as some people do you don't even think about it your hands just do it.

Think about it this way, you never use a single hand for 2 commands in a row unless you are doing trinkets.

What's easier.
    RM=right mouse
    1-RM*2-spacebar-2-RM-spacebar

OR
    L2+Square-Triangle*2-X-L2-Triangle-Triangle-X

I find the keyboard version much easier. much less hand movement, you have a rhythm with the left hand, and a rhythm witht he right hand, and just synch it up. Where with a controller at least for me I'd miss the triangles by still having L2 down or things like that.

Just saying after a bit of practice I know a lot of HL that can match that without macros... although personally i'd get caught up on the trinkets hehe, I know i'm not as fast fingered as many others.
    • Like x 1
  6. Zim New Player

If its not quite as fast as the PC then it isnt as fast. As a matter a fact it isnt even close. Throw up a video of you on the PS3 doing this and I will gladly eat my words.

Also doing this on a sparring target in the watch tower is an entirely different story than doing it nexus. Get into a nexus run on the PS3 and show me a video of this combo this fast.
  7. AIpha New Player

I can see that it is a lot easier for me to play some computer games on keyboard just more freedom. But still his character doesn't even leave the ground really on jump cancels there is no way that wasn't a macro.
  8. Satla Well-Known Player

Pretty sure he doesnt use any macros, just look at his rotation for a few seconds, you can see it differs from combo to combo, once you see fan once you dont, those errors are human errors that macros do not do.
    • Like x 1
  9. Agnetta Dedicated Player

if you're struggling with K007 on ps3 i suggest putting power fan on L2 square and snap trap on R2 square. that way you're doing:

R2 + Square > triangle twice > X > L2 + Square > triangle once > X repeat

its extremely fast once you get used to it. after that its not hard to mix in GH > fan like you see in Dianna WD's video.

HL has always been like that if you use attacks that immobilize you for the phantom. IE: rifle grenade, DW hold.

look at OMAAR or any other HL dps on ps3, they barely jump too if they're using rifle, DW or MA
  10. Clip New Player

What makes it even harder on ps3 than on pc beside keyboard and mouse is that lag and frame rate problem. I already use a SSD hard drive but still sometimes i mess up combos cause the frame rate breaks down so bad on boss fights. But well crying wont help, all we can do is wait for the ps4 and pray for good server :)

Small sidenote i still run around with my cr83 rifle... I could cry after every paradox raid :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

all these guys do is jump cancel all the time so I guess you get better at it
  12. Agnetta Dedicated Player

i dont have a PVR but have you spent time practicing power fan? i dont agree with "it isnt even close". i had trouble doing K007 at first but after i practiced it for a while it got much faster and more fluid.
  13. The God New Player

Anyone tried Ram>Snap Trap>Fan>Grenade>Power Fan>Grenade combo? Would it still be weaker than Snap trap>Fan>grenade?
  14. Gerbal New Player

Ill help you record tonight if you want.
    • Like x 1
  15. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

That's the phantom with rifle.

Rifle grenade has an immobilizing effect like most hold BB things. If he were using Brawling he'd be jumping higher, but basically you jump and the phantom kicks in stopping you in the air for a short jump. It's a normal thing.
    • Like x 1
  16. The God New Player

This is what kind of combo i'm talking about.
  17. Agnetta Dedicated Player

that would work but people wouldnt be able to see my loadout so they cant really see how fast im jumping after powers etc. maybe i can use my digital camera and just record my TV :p
  18. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

It is true that with a keyboard with a correct key binding setup clipping and comboing is much more easy. That doesnt mean that there is no practice needed, training in sparrings to perfect combos and speed is very important.
  19. zickyjacks New Player

I see that she made top dps. Really awesome to see HL do that during these raids. My question is though what is her/his build? Strictly prec or prec/might?
  20. Her02Zer0 Well-Known Player

She said she's Prec/might