Blue Lantern

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vulmyss, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

One of the early thing you learn in color theory is that the absence of color is white..... and having all the colors is black.

Tones are a different thing.

So when Spytle teased us with the absence of colors.... unless he made a blunder..... he was talking about the White Lanterns.

But again.... we will have to wait and see to know what he really meant. ;)
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No no, when it comes to the visible spectrum of light it's actually the other way around.

Edit: Pink Floyd demostrated this on their album cover for Dark Side of the Moon. White light goes into the prism, gets separated, and comes out as a magical rainbow.

Furthermore in the comics Kyle Rayner became a White Lantern when one ring from each of the seven corps attached themselves to him, imbuing him with the power of each of the seven.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Thanks Jafin.
  4. Zrusa New Player

*coughs* is everyone sassy in these forums? :D
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
  6. Gwalir Loyal Player

Just the fun ones.
  7. Gwalir Loyal Player

Considering the original Green/Yellow combo are Controllers, why would you think they'd introduce another set of Hard Light
    Controllers? o_O
  8. Zrusa New Player

OMG! I'm going to love the forums!!
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Short answer.... Why not???

Long answer....

Because of the order we got powers so far.

Fight or the Light = Green Yellow Light Powers = Troller

Lightning Strikes= Lightning Powers = Healer

Battle for Earth = Earth Powers = Tank

Origin Crisis = Quantum Powers = Troller

Sons of trigon = Celestial Powers = Healer

Notice a pattern???

Troller.... then Healer...... then Tank........ Troller......... then Healer.......

So odds are the next one will be...... Tank.

War of the Lights DLC 1 = Blue Red Lantern = Tank

So what comes after Tank??? ...... Troller

War of the Lights DLC 2 = Pink Indigo Lantern = Troller

And we know the last War of Lights DLC should be White and Black Lanterns.... and what comes after Troller???? Healer.

But to know for sure.... we will have to wait and see.
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Have you forgotten that there are two other 3-part DLCs in the works? Not all of them are going to have power sets attached. Jens said the emotional spectrum would be exhausted, he never said that every corps would be a playable power set.
    • Like x 1
  11. Gwalir Loyal Player

The devs did say though that while DLCs will come out in trilogies, they won't release whole trilogies in a row though. After War of the Lights 1, it's more likely to be Amazon Attacks 1 or Halls of Power (since they've been mentioned already) than War of the Lights 2.

Also, the current pattern is releasing three DLCs with powersets, followed by 3 DLCs without. Because of this, it's possible we may not even get a Lantern Healer, though I personally think we will.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They actually said that 10 and 11 would be Amazon Fury and Halls of Power, they just hadn't decided which would be 10 and which would be 11 yet.
  13. Gwalir Loyal Player

Odds are, my guess it'll be Amazon Fury since most people are probably wanting Halls of Power for the introduction of Darkseid and New Genesis. :p
  14. SuperiorMouse New Player

the devs intentionally release the powers in blocks of 3. they've essentially said this in their discussions of powers developments. it's important for them to maintain the balance for whatever reason. so they only (so far, and from their comments) release the powers in groups of 3. it's almost certainty that the next DLC will contain a tank power.

that said, this DLC had Celestial powers inspired by the Spectre and had no relationship what-so-ever with the content. not even a loose play on words with the name of the DLC or any thematic relationship. so, it's more than possible that the next tank power won't have any relationship at all to the DLC characters or story. my bet is still on a physical/superstrength powerset.

that transcript is wrong. he didn't say anything remotely like that. he simply said they were "introducing Blue Lanterns and Saint Walker." he didn't say the next powerset was Lantern related.
    • Like x 1
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Even better.

They do not release Powers with every DLCs.

So they could easily release War of Lights DLC 1 to give us the Tank power and close the Troller Healer Tank loop.

Then give us
    Amazon Fury DLC 1,
    Halls of Power DLC 1
    Amazon Fury DLC2,
    then come back with
    War of Lights DCL2 with the Pink Indigo Troller Power.
    War of lights DLC 3 with the White and Black Healer power....
    and then finish this set with the Amazon Fury DLC 3 with a Tank power.

Or something like that. ;)
  16. Statman New Player

I'm still gonna hope for Shadow powers, as an ironic connection to War of the Light, lol.
  17. Gwalir Loyal Player

My guess is:
    Tank War of Lights 1 (Blue/Red Lantern)
    None Amazon Attacks 1
    None Halls of Power 1
    None Amazon 2
    Troll Hall 2
    Healer Light 2
    Tank Amazon 3
    None Light 3
    None Hall 3

Either way, I'm looking forward to all of them, plus wondering what they'll introduce in the DLCs that have no new powerset.
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

See my previous post for your first point.

Your second point....

The Spectre.... "no thematic relationship" with the content of the Sons of Trigon??

You mean no thematic relationship other then both having to deal with magic that is???
  19. ACW37162 Loyal Player

You should PM Kryistana (I think I spelling right) get his phone number find out what is favorite alochol is, go to wherever he is, buy him lots of said alochol and ask him all kinds of questions about SOE Live and any discussions he may or may not have had have had with Spord, who is no doubt hard at work on the new tank power (whenever it drops) or you just could just drive/fly to Austin, Tx. and sit on the hood of Spord, Mepps, Spytle, or Larry Liberty's car until they confirm or deny for you and only you.

You might visit an Austin jail for a midemenor but then you would know.
    • Like x 1
  20. Kristyana New Player

The closest there's been to an official announcement happened at the DCUO Keynote address during the QnA session that didn't make it to the live broadcast.

I asked Spytle "Every new powerset that's been released has tied very heavily into the DLC storyline that it's been released with. Since a tank power is next, and the next DLC focuses on Lantern content, can we assume the next tank powerset is going to be lantern based?"

He looked at me and said "You can assume whatever you want!"

So no, there has been no official word on what the new powerset will be, but looking at the past history of DLC releases and how the powersets coincide, I would bet with 99% certainty the next tank powerset will be lantern based.
    • Like x 1