Can't Launch Game

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Creep, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Creep New Player

Hello,

I have checked the server status pages and they say all servers are up, however I am unable to launch the game.

When I click Play from the launcher I either get a small overlay that says "Error - There was an error completing your request" (screenshot below).

I did manage to get to my character selection screen once, but when I selected a character I got a message that said "Disconnected - Unknown - Please try again later" (the last part may be a little off, I didn't get a screenshot of that and can't get to the character selection screen again).

Another time it looked like the game actually launched I got "Invalid Session" instead of the character selection screen.

I have tried starting the launcher normal and as administrator.

Win 7 x64, 12 GB DDR3, Xeon W3520, EVGA GTX 660 OC, game is installed in the default location on an Intel X25M, video drivers are up to date, audio drivers up to date, all Windows updates are up to date.

[IMG]
  2. Creep New Player

I see another thread has popped up within the last few minutes about the same issue. So I am not alone, that kinda makes me feel better.
  3. Black Dragon New Player

This happened to me too, and I think I just saw another topic like this one next to yours. I think it is something on their side, with the authentication. So it probably isn't your system, since it appears to be happening to at least two other people who I know as well.

What I'm going to go do is go get a little something to eat, then come back and try again. Give it some time.
  4. willi3bx Committed Player

me toooooooooooooo
  5. Green_Lantern New Player

This happened to me too had managed to get on the character selection screen and then it gave me an error after selecting my character. I wonder what the issue is.
  6. Blight KOBRA Commander

I'm running into this as well, and I can barely login to my own account using the Launchpad and when I do and the game actually launches I get a 'World Down' message.
  7. COLDXI New Player

just now, have a big lag then tried to relog but it says "there was an error completing your request. Please try again"?
  8. Loonybinjin New Player

In the same boat, what is this crap?
  9. Kalel Storm New Player

I also ran into this error, not just with DCUO but also with Planetside 2, I think this may be a Sony error and not just with DCUO, just tried it with everquest 2 and also getting same error
  10. Kintuse Well-Known Player

Hopefully that must mean SOE must be well aware of the case by now and making a fix asap.
  11. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I'm running the validation tool. It is installing new files.
  12. CandiTactics New Player

Im sure they are aware, coz all those Devs and SOE workers play DCUO all day, and now THEY cant log in! Same issues here, but strangely it's not always the same error. I've gotten to toon selection screen, then crash. I've gotten the timed-out log off screen with ERROR UNKNOWN at the bottom, or the same error listed above, where you cant get past the launcher. VERY frustrating, especially now im on the T5 grind, I NEEDS MAH DCUO !
  13. Creep New Player

You sure it downloaded something? Mine just checked files and said everything was up to date (took about 45 seconds, wasn't just a quick check), but didn't download anything.
  14. Apauphis New Player

Me and my friend are having the same issues , good times -_-
  15. Dezmo New Player

Damn Login Servers! I am unable to login either.
  16. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

There had been some login server issues which is why you are currently encountering this. I'll keep you updated and will let you know once everything's back up again.
  17. Deathmark New Player

Got that a few times. GOt in. Switched char at some point, bad idea. Now i get disconnected at validating with server. Don't have time for this bs.
  18. twist New Player

Ain't nobody got time for this!!! :)
    • Like x 1
  19. Solar wing New Player

So everyones off? i hope its not just me.
  20. Solar wing New Player

So its not just me? hopefully its not.