Which clan has the coolest logo in PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheGlitchReport, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Hosp

http://thepraetorian.enjin.com/

We own a license (or copyright or whatever it's called) to use that logo. The image and license were sent to T-Ray for use as a custom decal/logo in game. That site you linked may well be the site our member got it from, but this was back in April and I wasn't part of the acquisition to remember.

If Russian Legion is also using that logo, oh well. But if they say it was from a closed thread, they can have peace of mind in knowing we didn't steal it from where ever they have it hidden away from prying eyes. I'm also confident we're not going to stop using this as our logo if asked, so hopefully no one gets bent out of shape.
  2. TimeRabbit

Purple Wraith - Waterson (Unofficial - member made)[IMG]
  3. Redsun

This is an early rendition of our logo, going to updating it with better quality and effects when our artist isn't busy :p
    Firebrands
    [F1RE]

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • Up x 1
  4. JudgeDeath

Simple is better.
    • Up x 4
  5. GroundPounder

The only one that matters.. because as Ghost said, its already on OUR tanks in game! ;)
  6. TheGlitchReport

In order to have a license (copyright) it must be something that you've done completely from scratch. For example, taking a photo or drawn a illustration. The real owner of that illustration is the guy who makes vectors. All you've done yourself is to fill out the colours after your own wish. Therefore you cannot have copyrights on it, you dont own a colour.

The Russians are not using the same symbol. It's mirrored, the thick black side between face and cape is erased. They have also changed the NC logo and placed three stripes on each side. They have the rights to do so but not the copyright.

Meaning: Anyone can use same vector after their own wish but never call it copyright. Beacuse you dont own the illustration from the start.
    • Up x 2
  7. Unpryll

Oh lol :D

Can u draw smt ? Not just take 1st picture from google and say "IT IS OUR!!!!"
    Bad manners really. U took alpha version of our logo from internet and call it yours.... gj gj.

Have checked - it wasnt close tread. But ur manners not exellent, stealers :p

We dont care about outfits like you. May be u cannt draw or anything.... anyway u use only our worst exaples of pictures. But it is bad advertising of your outfit.

[IMG]

"everyone who worked"

xDDD
  8. Hosp

Thank you for the clarification.

People seem to be misintrepreting what I'm saying;

1) We didn't steal it from anyone, we purchased rights to use it.

2) If Russian Legion wants to use it they can. We can't tell them not to. I hope they realize they can't tell us not to.

3) The "work" ghst talks about is a brainstorming session as we were looking for a new logo and trying out various different directions. This was the result.

4) I'm not slamming Russian Legion, why are they trying to slam us? Noone in PG is bent out of shape another outfit is using the same image with their own spin on it. :cool:

Here's an idea...we both use the same image in our own ways :eek:
  9. ReactionShot

+1 for Imperial Reach. We're doing our part to keep Waterson clear of VS and NC.
    • Up x 2
  10. Unpryll

It is not slame...

But out designer saw his picture in this thread... try to image what did he feel =)
    Our logo didnt finished at this time, we preparing video-logo etc... So final version may have more changes. We dont want to start flame about this incident. Some ppl like, that other outfits would like to use our logo with little changes =)
  11. TheGlitchReport

You are very welcome!
    • Up x 1
  12. TheArchetype

I love how the large majority of arguments on the Internet sprout from something insanely stupid like the difference between a banner and a logo..
    • Up x 2
  13. TheArchetype

Those 7 likes would like to disagree.
  14. SinMachine

Wait til we get our logo in game! You going to see our tanks, aircrafts, death stars and other vehicles equipped!
    • Up x 3
  15. EliteEskimo

I hold nothing against you, I've read numerous posts of yours to know you're an alright guy:cool:

P.S I sometimes get annoyed when people get really technical with me lol
  16. Ghstmarauder

We did not take the image from Google or your site, we bought the use of the vector from http://www.clipartof.com/portfolio/...d-in-profile-with-a-black-circle-1091653.html and a couple of my guys worked on the colours. I have the receipt for it in my email from 29/04/2013
    • Up x 1
  17. Soques

[IMG]
    The Great White Whales - Mattherson
    • Up x 4
  18. Lampenfieber

Dude, this is a logo made from 0... love it!!!!
  19. Cougarbrit

Logos are for people who aren't doing enough killing I say.
  20. RadLock

I just wrapped up finishing touches on our new logo. Not exactly decal friendly, but that's not what I made it for.

[IMG]
    • Up x 2