[VS] DasAnfall [DA]

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Ender, Apr 1, 2013.

1. xboxerdude

I know when I see DA the farm usually dries, these guys actually know how to use vanu
  2. n0pax

Edit: Premature complaint about this outfit, sorry for the post. I had an issue where I accidentally tked a DA member who ran in front of my line of fire. He decided to attack me repetitively every time he saw me.

However Ender was a stand up guy about it and is handling the situation.
  3. Ender

Issue Resolved
    • Up x 2
  4. mpal

Luckily I was streaming today, you were the one TKing every DA member you saw at allatum bio. I didn't report because I figured you'd probably have an aneurysm if you couldn't play this game for a week.
    • Up x 1
  5. Mannylol

The situation seems to be resolved. Go about your business and keep fighting the good fight.
    • Up x 1
  6. digitals

Well just yesterday there was also another issue with intentional team killing. Looks like DA still needs to get a handle on that sort of thing.

If someone team-kills you accidentally and immediately sends you a tell in apology...

The correct response from any respectable member of any major outfit on the server is to remain quiet and go about your business, send them a tell back saying "no problem it happens", provide them some constructive criticism and help coach them along if the act was foolish enough to warrant that, or air out your differences in tells....

The incorrect response, and one which this particular member of DA chose... was to spawn back into the area.... blow up the vehicle assets and mow the person down with small arms fire.... Not even knowing that the original accidental teamkill was an errant attempt at saving him from a death at the hands of an enemy he had his back towards.....

Most respectable outfits have a zero tolerance when it comes to intentional team-killing, unless there are circumstances happening that are directly affecting an objective and an officer gives the okay to do it.

DA should consider that kind of policy before the server starts to view them more like GOKU. A little respect for everyone else that plays the game and the other outfits goes a hell of a long way.....

I suggest DA start to look at its player base and their activities in regards to the stuff and start to weed out the derps and those with too many recessive genes... so that DA doesn't have to deal with anything like this sort of thing moving forward.

As far as joining them, I have heard nothing but good things about most of the people... but I would give it a little bit of time and consider this a bit carefully if you where not into an outfit that harbors those that tend to act like this.
  7. Ender

While I appreciate the bump your post added, I must respectfully disagree with your observations. We try just as much or more than anyone else to avoid tks, but this is a game of massive warfare, **** Happens. For some reason, people seem to think that lately its appropriate to run to the forums and report every little tk that happens. If I had a dollar for every time I got TK'd by outfitted people in game, Warren Buffet would be coming to me for loans. Is it the preferable course of action to get a revenge kill on someone? Not at all and I do not condone it.

With the lack of a current point system similar to PS1, or any real penalty for that matter, any troll can come along and ram your aircraft, friendly c4 your sundy, pump-action the back of your head, etc. The particular issue you're referring to was the 5th TK in a row by friendlies within 5 minutes on that individual. At that point, i'm not going to verbally remand anyone who needs to do what they need to do to relieve the sheer amount of pissed off they've just reached. Unlike most outfits, I know every single one of my guys and their personalities. The fact it took him so long to react to any of them (all without apologies as well) is somewhat impressive really.

As Outfit Lead it's my responsibility to my guys that I do everything within my ability to make sure they're having as much fun as possible. Does this include tking for lols? No, it definitely does not; However, it also means i'm not going to come down on a good player that's about ready to quit because of all the people running around that think it's funny to tk. Sometimes a player reaches their breaking point with FF in a situation where the previous tk's were intentional and the final tk was not and that's unfortunate, but it doesn't happen all that often.

Digitals, i'm sorry DA and you haven't seen eye to eye, but I leave my TS server open publicly so that any player that wants to run with a competent squad can do just that without having to jump through hoops. It is not left open so that, "a particular individual," can come on during an alert, request I move 20 guys off of the alert continent and onto INDAR to help the Mattherson's VS combination of largest outfits capture Regent rock (of all places), get refused POLITELY three times with clear and concrete reasons as to why it's not feasible and have them reply with, "that's ok, but it's on you then," while lingering around as if the condescending final comments were going to change my mind. It is also not for people to jump on and ask outfit members ,"if they have anything to say for themselves."

I've given one server ban in the multiple years we've had voice comms up at this address. We've received trolls, the people getting on to tell us how bad we are etc etc etc, and no server bans were needed. If this has caused you to lose respect for DA, then so be it. DA does NOT condone needless TK'ing, but that doesn't mean we're perfect and that it doesn't happen. Just last night we had some boppity guy that didn't like our response after he tk'd 3 of us and went for our sunderer over Tawrich all the while claiming we're a TK outfit and he did nothing to provoke this, he got at least 3 weapons locks trying to kill us after that. A quick look at his scoreboard showed that over 1/3 of his killboard over the last several days were friendly kills and that other respectable players had retaliated as well. Most of the TK'ers in this game are of the same mindset or just completely clueless.

TL;DR Version -

I'm sorry that you happened to be on the wrong end of of that person's anger last night. It's even more unfortunate if you were trying to actually save him. These situations happen though. I will not kick players that engage in this behavior as a form of retaliation though. At just over 40 in numbers each one of us is of high value and I don't have 1000 BRlol's to replace competent players.

For anyone else reading the last string of "TK" comments in this thread, most accusations against us in-game or out are simply trolls with the rest deserving what they got. We're tolerant of TK's up to a point, after that troll us at your own expense. Several of us stream and usually one of us is at any given time. All these events were caught on twitch if proof were ever needed.

Ultimately DasAnfall's well-being and my guys/girls having a blast > opinions, griefers, idiots, trolls. By no means will I try and create that fun at the expense of other players or intentionally violate SOE terms, but they are my priority and the majority of the reason I enjoy playing this game and spending money on it. They come first.
    • Up x 6
  8. Daieron

Let me just point out (call me bias) that Ender is honest to god the best clan/outfit lead I have ever had the personal pleasure of running with. Succinctly put, I am quite proud of what we can accomplish with the numbers we have. I strive to be better, and in our outfit this sort of behavior is richly encouraged and everyone should consider DA as a prime candidate for a great outfit.

Second, the reason I decided to obnoxiously chime in:
    Every FPS player ever has probably done this at least once. Come on digitals, I don't know what sort of mother Teresa of gaming saint you are, but we have all done this. You know the scenario; its late in the play session, perhaps you are slightly tired. Your KDR isn't where you want it to be, and you are badly losing a key facility. Some ******* in the spawn room is camping, attempting to preserve his perfect .34 kill death and he somehow manages to kill you and all the friendlies around you. Primal instincts take over, and by god is putting a shotgun slug into the back of that tking asshats head a medieval rush. Just move on.
    • Up x 1
  9. Eyeklops

LOL...I just saw this today.
    • Up x 3
  10. Ender

I'm a Romancer klops! Patient and waiting for the right opportunity. By the time you realize what happened you'll be wearing the DA tag and dropping into suicidal, 20 second left, enemy platoon infested, Alpha point resecures :)
  11. Eyeklops

Sounds like fun. Now if we could only get a proper hack mechanic.....
  12. Ender

13. Jaamaw

Us here at NNG gladly work along side DA to dominate the field. These guys are skilled, cool and collected.
    • Up x 2
  14. Joshinya42

DasAnfall knows whats up, 'nuff said
    • Up x 1
  15. Jaxxx

Shameless bump for our friends in DA
  16. TheHalo1Pistol

Fairly certain ender31 hates my guts, but I'm willing to work past that if he is and who knows... we could possibly work together some time :)
  17. mpal

The v404 pretty much lost the esamir alert yesterday for the vs by warpgating the nc with 1 and a half hours left on the alert. He wasn't the only guy a little upset/crazy facepalming. Hell people were even joking "v404 organized down syndrome".

I doubt he hates you, he's a very chill guy.
    • Up x 2
  18. BaronVonVirtu

These DA guys are pretty cool, they don't believe in warpgating the enemy faction at minute 28 in a 120 minute slugfest.
    • Up x 2
  19. TheHalo1Pistol

Guess that's a no. Oh well, I tried being nice and got **** on in response.
  20. Ender

Eh, just because mpal pointed out one oopsy (come on now, it was a big oopsy) doesn't mean we're shut off to working together Halo. Also, no I don't hate anyone. I highly despise one individual who has a TR main, an NC alt, and has more kills per minute as infantry than any other player ever, but I don't hate anyone. I do have you muted, but it's only because I really dislike having all my game sound ducked due to people using the command channel as a place to monologue or give their play by plays of an event. So i've adopted a very loose, mute any and all individuals who are prone to using the voice command channel in any of these ways: spamming/abusing/extended use of for any period of time/multiple irrelevant updates/play-by-plays etc.

Being the younger individual you are and my experience with younger players in the past, you really didn't stand much of a chance, and maybe it was unfair of me to do that. In all honesty though, at any given time i'm on I have 1/2 of everyone in command channel muted because it's supervised/implemented in an extremely poor fashion. Komrade is about the only person I've heard that consistently uses the command channel in a fashion that forces me to "not" mute the entire channel altogether.

I don't have you on ignore, I don't hate you, mpal's comments are his own as every individual is entitled to their own opinion. If you're serious about working together in the future i'm open to the idea.
    • Up x 2