The medic class is an obnoxious failure.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crywalker, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Crywalker

Being revived and then not topped off, being revived when you're OBVIOUSLY in a spot where you'll die instantly, etc. Bad/cert hungry medics just feed easy XP to your enemies. If there's any sunderer nearby I always take that, and generally I just no longer take revives unless maybe it's my MAX.

I think having full HP on revive need hundreds of certs was an absolutely terrible idea. Having no shields is enough of a weakness, and it just makes the good medics suffer when people are hesitant to take revives.

Really I think revives could take longer but offer, instead of the stupid bit of spawn immunity, a special shield similar to the heavy's on the person revived.
    • Up x 1
  2. Xuram

If I'm not mistaken they took off revive damage immunity. That's probably why the death occurs. If you're in a situation where you know the area is probably not clear don't accept the revive. Its the same as spawning at an under attack sunderer. Happens once fine whatever move on. But if you keep clicking revive or spawning at a sunderer being pounded the fault is on you.
    • Up x 8
  3. Dethfield

Man... hating on medics for doing their job, thats pretty low. You know you can decline the revive, right?
    • Up x 12
  4. Koadster

I do agree I hate seeing it done. Generally whenever I see someone get rezzed with less then 75% HP. I /tell the medic to stop being a cheap a$$ and upgrade his medic gun!
  5. Xuram

The problem with that is not everyone has even earned enough certs to upgrade it that much...
    • Up x 2
  6. KariH

Medics with not fully upgrqaded tool should point seconds or two more to heal completely. Not big job.
    • Up x 2
  7. CaligoIllioneus

The problem is that the death screen doesn't let you see well what is happening around your "corpse", so when the medic offers you a revive you don't know if there are still enemies around, if the medic will leave you with a bar of HP and abandon you there, etc. Sometimes they revive you before dealing with whatever enemy just killed you, and they're still in the room.

The worst issue I have with medics, though (and when it happens I must fight the urge to TK them as soon as I revive) is that when you're badly wounded you screan "I need a medic!" at the top of your lungs yet the two medics around you do not heal you, in fact they don't even hit "F", they try to snipe enemies that are far away, or they plain roam around doing nothing.....yet when a stray bullet kills you due to your low HP, there are suddenly 3 medics fighting over who gets to revive you.
  8. DJPenguin

I'd love to know how upgraded the gun is before taking the revive. would also like to know my surroundings better than just a top down view of my corpse. but almost always in a combat zone i just decline the revives, unwilling to risk the 1/4 health with an enemy pointing his gun at me in anticipation.
  9. Sifer2

It's really not hard to know if the area is safe. If you just got shot, and you still hear gunfire don't accept revive your probably gonna die again. And Medics always top me off usually don't know why they wouldn't it is more xp.
  10. DJPenguin

nope. more xp for them if you constantly die. can't count how many people I've killed repeatedly because a. their medic wouldn't top them off and b. they're stupid enough to keep taking the revives.
  11. CaligoIllioneus

I'm sure there is a dark conspiracy that spans medics from all factions where they agree to not heal a % of the present players and let them die in order to farm revive XP.
  12. cicero8

i dont have an issue with medics doing their job. if your going to revive me ok. even if its a dangerous area il accept it. if i die again as as i spawn i wont accept another revive in that particular location however.

My issue right now is with medics reviving me with like 20% hp and then leaving me there. they wont fully heal me. just take the revive exp and thats it.

I ran into one guy who continually did this.well i got fed up with his bs. i told him in chat that if he likes to play medic and wishes to revive others, the least he could do is increase our hp past 75% so we have a fighting chance.

Well this guy said theres no point because he gets more certs reviving other people.

SOOO bassicly everybody started tking him. and he left.

Moral of the story, if your going to play a class, ANY CLASS, make sure you do your job. If i play an infiltrator and somebody politely asks me to hack a terminal for them, i will do it. IF your an engy and somebody asks you for ammo, give him ammo. Help your team and they will help you.
    • Up x 1
  13. Koadster

It costs 190 certs to get to lvl5... Thats only 47,500 exp. If you play medic alot certing up your tool and nano regen should be the first things you get.
    • Up x 2
  14. McTeabag

So, we all can agree then that the medic class is not an "obnoxious failure"

A little bit of situational awareness and the option not to accept the revive will prevent anyone from getting killed over and over again at the same spot.
    Case closed.
  15. Tasogie

hang on, your blaming the medic for risking his own neck to res you in the middle of a firefight... wow!!, that is some balls you own there.
    You can not accept his res, an you know that. I think this is just a rant because you screwed up an got killed after being ressed.
    100% your fault. None els in PS2 has any blame whatsoever on that one. I was killing this guy last night who was continuously being ressed, an I think I shot him 5 times in end before they flanked me an took me out so they could get him ressed. Good work on their part, if a little slow to enact lool.
    When you accept a res its down to you to decide if its safe or not. The Medic is doing you a favor.
    As for not healing people after they res, it is not always feasible to wait around for ppl to accept a res or not. You are not the center of the universe, an if theres other people down I will switch to them without a seconds thought..
  16. Jex =TE=

Fixed that for you.
  17. Tiedemann

Can't they just add the % of HP you get when revived to the "revived by" txt that pops up on the death screen?
    • Up x 1
  18. Crywalker

As I said, I don't accept them. But you do see the revive, and sometimes they spam it so it pops up again before your spawn timer is ready, though luckily not in the same area of the screen. Still, other players, new players particularly, will take these revives and eventually develop the habits that many players have - don't take revives. So a core function of the medic class is pretty much avoided by the majority of players, the majority of the time. I see that as a failure.
  19. Cuik

Medics should be able to plunk down a triage beacon where people they revive are spawned at.
  20. Dregan

Yes the worst kind of "medic". The problem is the disparity between the xp you get for a revive and the xp you get for healing. reviving someone takes a few seconds and nets you 75 xp. Healing them takes several seconds (from 1 to full health about 5 seconds depending on the level of your medic tool... the smart medic of course uses both the medic tool and the AoE heal) and nets like 7-8 xp per 20% health or so. As an extra disincentive any fraction of health you heal that don't go over those 20% don't award any xp. Essentially the xp system disincentives healing and especially topping off.

No for a more over all response to the thread:

A good combat medic WILL in fact revive you under ANY circumstances. He will try is damnedest to get you back in the fight. If that means reviving you in an unsecured position so be it. Would it be better if he fought of the enemies first? Maybe but sometimes the fighting is too heavy and he has to trust that you will be able to get to cover fast enough to survive (if he is really nice he will keep the medic tool on you to give a bullet or two more to go on). Getting up in a hail of bullet is, in my experience and to my great surprise, not as hard to get out of as one would think. The reason is that if there are bullets flying they are not actually aimed at you. This gives you a split second to get to cover. USE IT. Also when you die you have a short second to see your surroundings. Use that as well. Knowing where to go right as you revive is as important as moving right away. You don't have time to orient yourself when you get up. Keep in mind that you get up facing the same way you did when you died. Use this knowledge. Finally accept the fact that sometimes you get revived into a ****** situation. Now if a low-level tool medic continually revives you ad not topping you off while under fire... you have my blessing to waste his ***. He is a liability and should be let go.
    • Up x 1