[BUG] The daily lag of Miller

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DMan6505, Feb 24, 2013.

1. IMTasty

This is pretty much what is confusing me as well. I could understand if it was just lag as in low FPS, but not all the other issues.

Oh hey Duff, enjoying the game as always I see? :p We've been on Indar during the evening on Conz FNO, when it was neutralized and last night for a guy making a video at the TR magnet that is the Crown. That's at least THREE whole times in only 2 weeks we were on Indar during an evening. Surely that is progress. :p

But this is off-topic, so if there's anything you want to talk about pm me, this thread is about how laggy and crappy Indar is atm. :)
  2. schwarzklang

They should fix the "rear" lag too.. yesterday i needed 2 rockets to get a prowler down. He was definetely facing me and got full rear dmg.
  3. DMan6505

I don't think it's a problem of too many players in one area, it's a problem of too many players online. Yesterday I had one of the best fights in days over the crossroards. It was about 12PM GMT so I guess not so many people were online, but there were still enemy platoons in the area. I didn't experience any lag both when attacking or defending. I was like a completely new game.
  4. PS2Freak

Another bug - Flash Granades dont work on miller now.
  5. DMan6505

Tell it to my white screen.
    It works.
  6. S1eB

Just another day on Miller, lag is getting worse and worse every day...

Also, the flickering bug is so cool, great feature SOE /sarcasm

[IMG]
  7. AltF4Fun

On gamerelease and beta,the servers had way more players and there was no lag.So def not a problem with to manny people.
  8. Vortigon

I agree, lately Miller has been a total nightmare during all the prime time hours.

As usual SOE will deny any issues and do nothing about it, so I guess we should all jump ship during server transfers.
  9. Shinrah

Those are the only outposts and areas people are fighting over on Indar, so basically it appears _everywhere_ fights are taking place.
  10. IMTasty

That's true as well.
  11. PS2Freak

It happens not only on the "top" places, also outside. ammo refill or Health restore or Vehicle restore

yes, it worked Now for me too.. as i wrote this it doesnt worked.
  12. DMan6505

13. FeiXue

This can be related to larger render distance if before server just didn't send you info on people you "shouldn't" see. Although I somehow remember cheaters claiming it did.

Anyway, bump before I log in and get too frustrated to come here.
  14. Gh0stSix

I just sat on an empty VS base node for about 10 minutes without capturing it, no one else was around. Server lag problems? dunno, but its getting kind of silly now.
  15. Rusky

So that's why my TR LA was able to jet pack around for ages while my NC one fell like a rock after a few seconds. Through it was a bug with the NC jetpacks lol :D
  16. AltF4Fun

Lock ons can still hit you when a tank driver cant see the shooter.That means to me that there is constant information exchange even if the sides cant see each other.So there had to be something true in what these cheating guys said^^
    • Up x 1
  17. Duff_Chimp

The lag is definitely more apparent since they increased the render range. This isn't isolated to just Indar either been having problems on Esamir too. The repair/ medic gun failing is probably the most obvious sign of the lag. I suspect the server is lagging because of increased load. Also the common problem of dieing after you have ducked behind cover or round a corner is more to do with client based latency, high pingers.

As far is I know the European server is located in The Netherlands, and considering I live in the north west of Scotland, I have a respectable 50ms ping on average when manually pinging the server. I just wish they had a lag reading in game, or to copy wow have the server side lag and the client latency viewable. Also having the person that just killed you's ping on the death screen would also be nice. You could then appreciate that person is lagging.

Would it be very oppressive to have a cutoff for latency where people are not able to play, sure it's no fun to play with high lag but it also spoils other players enjoyment.
  18. DMan6505

19. Raap

It is laggy on Miller since that one hotfix where they re-adjusted the rendering (after the initial test). It's common to see people teleporting, sliding, and whatever you want to name it. This happens most often on Indar, but I have seen it on other maps as well since GU3. Other common problems are rockets firing twice (visually), repairing having a delay resulting in my Rank 6 tool not being able to repair turrets in two swings, player location desync between users, players outside of my render distance hitting me, ect.

I'd like to have the server stability and render changes from the first test back (currently we still can't see people past 200 meters), thanks.
  20. GamerOS

Can you guys come to indar more often? Since Karma rarely if ever decides to fight anywhere but Indar I'm stuck there during most Ops, and fighting the goons is just annoying,
    I miss fighting BRTD.