PS 2 is a huge disappointment so far because ......

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cimota, Nov 20, 2012.

1. sunjinator

lol I was gonna to write the exact same here.

It's impossible to develope a game that everyone likes, there are always complainings about gameplay/grahpic/balance. But I cant agree on any of your points. The base design isnt good? Why? Just because you dont have any underground labyrinth anymore? There's absolutly nothing wrong with that. And dont forget its we talking about PS2 and not 1, they dont have to copy everything from the first titel. The gameplay now is in perfect balance, it doenst take ages to drive/fly to the battlefield and its not that complicated anymore. It's simple as it should be like Battlefield. And dont forget, time goes on and so does it in the game industry you simply cant compare a game from 10 years ago with one from now. Everything changes and in PS2 it changed all in a good way.
  2. Kane Hart

No ******* game last more then 4 years this day of age...
  3. chilly154

God I'm am sick of these kind of threads, specially in the beta forum. Vets complaining this game is not planetside 1. Planetside 1 have been around for years my god. I a lot times I hear that planetside 1 failed because of BFR. I really doubt that. Just because of that? I'm pretty sure planetside 1 failed more then 1 reason not because of BFR. Remember not everything in planetside 1 will work with planetside 2. Stop being conservative and bring new ideas other then the old.

There nothing wrong telling people whats wrong with the game. But this is planetside 2 not 1 remember that. Don't act like the devs don't deserve any merits.
  4. Doublefrost

Good grief. The PS1 vets whine the most out of any demographic on PS2. This is coming from a Phase One PlanetSide 1 veteran. This version is BETTER than the original. Better. Not worse. Better. It's a big tech upgrade over the predecessor and, frankly, all the old tactics and stratagems still apply here. Except for NTU drains and cave locks. You guys need to just learn the new game well enough to be competitive. You're all having issues because you went from having 5+ years of experience in the old version to being just as new as the rest of the new people. Except you still have an organizational leg up, not that I consider the dregs that populated the servers up toward the end to be worth that much.

Edit: Actually, BFRs did kill the original PlanetSide. They were really super unbalanced and unkillable by almost anything when it first came out. Being spawn camped by 30 of them all day long drove a lot of players to cancel. Patches eventually corrected the imbalance but the damage was already done.
  5. Cimota

Very well put.
  6. chilly154

Hey I got to ask what did planetside 1 look like when it first came out. Did it have more content then this game did, when it came out, or did this game have more content?
  7. Bentos

My #1 complaint is that they won't give me a gun that one shots any tank, plane or infantry and fires 1000 RPM with 500 bullets in the clip while making me invincible.

Is that really so much to ask for?
    • Up x 1
  8. Cimota

Lol yeah no one else ever did that did they, it was called suppressing the enemy ,heh heh ,it was also pretty funny for someone to walk into a 150 mm shell.I was spammed at towers too, loads of times by Prowlers and Magriders.

But my favourite thing to do was to shoot Reavers and Mossies down with the main gun at range, which was quite difficult to do.
    I miss my Phoenix, that was a lot of fun to use.

Finally this might cheer some vets up :

All done with sound macro's from PS and using the NC music and sound effects.
    • Up x 1
  9. SystemUpload

Well this game is a bunch of crap. 1000 Certs for best weapons. Planetside 2 dosent really have good progression, as planetside 1 had.
  10. Madchad

Cant understand what every one is ******** about... aside from 3 crashes last night this game is nothing short of sick. Stop rolling with a zerg and join an outfit with voice coms. You will soon see that air with rockets means jack with an outfit squad along with anything else unless its an enemy faction outfit with 2 platoons... then the game becomes nothing short of legendary.
  11. Alex Tech

Your terminal and cross hair problems are irrelivent, I'm usually am engaged in issues so I don't notice the clutter oin the UI.

And lastly press H... Your minimap zooms in bro....
  12. JohnWayne

Planetside 1 BLOWS this game away. It's just that simple it's not even close, PS2 is a Battlefield Clone, plain and simple.
    • Up x 1
  13. TrenchDigger

isn't that what 90% of forum threads are? Just a poster who wants the game their way and will *****, moan, and complain till they get what they want (usually never) of they just quit and uninstall the game.
    • Up x 1
  14. SBSAlbertino

People have different standards. I find the game generic and sub-par.
  15. Koadster

use that money and buy A2A missles? no one has flares atm so its a cert farming dream
  16. SecondHead27

Cimota I have not played a second of beta, i'd just like to say that I don't know what the problem is that people keep complaining sure the game crashed a few times when I was playing but I was having waaaaaaaay too much fun to get mad at it.
  17. SS_soulkeeper

I will try to be as constructive as i can with this. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Many out there like the game in its current state and that is good for them. For me perosnally I cant stand the game. Yes im a ps vet and my dissapointments are because ps2 is nothing compared to the grand scale that ps was. The only scale that ps2 has reached is massive battles. Thats not a hard thing to do. There will always be players that love the zerg. What I miss and wanted was strategic battles. Sadly ps2 fails. Theres no real strategy to the game. Many can argue that there is while building tactics behind the base of the game, but fact of the matter is the game lacks all the strategic value that planetside had. Planetsides entire system was genius. Sure it had its faults, but the strategy behind it kept me coming back for more hours upon hours for years.ps2 is a game I can log in and play for maybe a half an hour at the most. Go kill some ****, die a few times and its done. Like others I come back and check on it to see if its getting better. But since beta it continues on the path its going. Maybe one day they can bring it up to speed with how great it actually could be. But I doubt it. I could sit back and list all the hates of ps2. But reality is that does no good. its all been said. All that can be done now is to state the dislike or like of it. And the further reality that this is not ps1. This is the game theyve decided to make. Shame that its not better. I had such high hopes for ps2.
    • Up x 1
  18. Envenom

OP, qq. Some of us love this game.

Don't trip on the door on your way out.
  19. Laoril

Though Battlefield 3 as a better gameplay, smoother engine and better graphics, I'm not sure BF3 players will quit for this game. It might attract the fans of messier gameplay, like those playing metro with 64 players...
  20. MrBloodworth

Then how do you know the designs are bad? Games been live for less than 24 hours, you have not downloaded the game, yet. You can call the bases bad?

Get out.