PlanetSide 2 crash when exit game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blutark, Nov 21, 2012.

1. tux234

I can apparently confirm the security software being the issue. Once I added Planetside2.exe to the "Trusted" list of my antivirus (Kaspersky Security Suite CBE12), the issue did'nt occur anymore.
    Well, I only tried it out once now, but as the crash occured literally every time I exited, I think this is solved for me.
  2. BenYeeHua

Yes, it can be happen, as the game engine don't stable.
  3. Just nice

This is pretty fun! Here's my error:

4. Just nice

Additionally, I disabled Aero (DWM/Composition/whatever) on planetside2.exe; so aero exits when I start playing. But after I get out of the game, aero does not get re-enabled till I close this crash message. Just giving all the data I have.
  5. Lord Gentlecrab

This has been happening to me since alpha, always thought it was just a feature of the engine lol
    • Up x 2
  6. nallitet

i'have been having this error since my first day in PS2! Well, it's been about months ago, but still, it's ridiculous that no fix has been provided
  7. MrMagicGuns

8. BadZen69

Does seem to be security software causing this crash: I use avast free and added PlanetSide2.exe to the exclusions list. Doing this fixed the crash on exit for me.
  9. chrocosphere

omg i think im the only one, im running on win7 x64, core i7 2600k 3,4Ghz, Nvidia GTX550Ti 1GB, memory 4GB... still crashing when im exiting the game

sometimes i have to redownload the updates, or worst case the game (8GB download) when i started the launcher, btw i run it on steam.

no idea what going on..
  10. Trimmings

I use security essentials, added it to the trust list and seems to not do it now. But really, the game is just crashing on redeploy all the time now so who knows I so rarely exit with the quit button.

actually no its still broken - seems to do it when you've been in the game a while maybe
  11. user101

Well I am going to answer everyone's questions -- the crash is caused by using DX-9 if SOE would use DX-10 the crash would go away. DX-9 is based on the old help file system and the new Windows 7 & 8 don't use that system anymore. ( ie -- CRASH)
    At some point SOE will figure this out....! Maybe...?????
  12. GrandRise

Mine is ALWAYS crashed when I'm exiting the game.
    • Up x 1
  13. Watz

Me too, on both my AMD laptop and i7 desktop (Win7 64). It crashes on 95% of all exits. I believe it never crashes when exiting right on the server selection screen. No AV and other strangenesses installed.
  14. sindz

Same, always crash when you exit the game
    • Up x 1
  15. Noebuhdy

Does this to me as well, every single time I exit out of the game properly. Getting annoying. [IMG]
  16. chrocosphere

ha! me too.. its annoying damnit. really is. hope it can be fixed. or please explain why, so it wont happen again :D
  17. J.C Simonetti

Can it be a STEAM issue?

I'm saying this because PS2 is the only game I have off STEAM and is the only error I get from a game.

I play World Of Tanks and I never get an error upon exiting out the client..
  18. Fallout10mm

I get the same issue, everytime I exit planetside 2 it crashes. However I did notice something odd: If I disable voice and start up again with voice disabled I can exit without crashing about 99% of the time.
  19. Fink_NC

Same here if it helps any.
    Both on my laptop and my desktop.
  20. PrimalPhantom

This bug has been in the game from the start of beta. Maybe Fallout10mm is on the verge of finding the root of the evil.