Official Lancer Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Plasmaszap

1. Obviously you dont understand what constructive mean. Get a ******* dictionnary.
    2. If you have a complaint to make on the lancer, it would be a WONDERFULL IDEA to suggest a SOLUTION for the complaint your making rather then just point out the problem.
    3. Last but not least. Do not forget that PS2 is design for massive combat and therefore, you can not be a 1 man army. Lancer will probably shine when used in mass rather then on your own.

P.s :
    con·struc·tive (k[IMG]n-str[IMG]k[IMG]t[IMG]v)
    adj.
    1. Serving to improve or advance; helpful: constructive criticism.

Thx. Plasmazap <3
    • Up x 2
  2. Lafladitu

Yes it misses targets at long ranges tried to attack AA turrets and all the shots I did charge level 1-3 missed and went all around it instead. same with vehicles at long ditance all shots are around them.

slightly low damage but its okej. charge level 3 destroys a flash in 1 shot so that is nice.
  3. Neurotoxin

The Lancer should be MORE accurate with each charge level, not LESS accurate! I understand wanting three distinct projectiles at the highest level, but they need to remain a tight grouping (no wider than the corners of a Tank Mine) and fire precisely where the crosshair is looking if the user is completely stationary.

Range concerns are a big deal. I need the Lancer to help me fire back at Liberators and ESF who are bombing from beyond the locking range of lock-on weapons (and lock on weapons probably need a range boost too).
    • Up x 1
  4. Elrobochanco

Feels mostly good. But hipfiring needs a charge indicator, and it's missing the ammo count and battery spinning animation higby showed.

Missing the hipfire-ADS while charging higby showed as well.

Damage scaling is really weird. For example you can rapid fire the 6 shots into an esf and do pretty decent damage, but doing the same to a flash and it's barely smoking. I wish charging was slightly faster, like maybe .25 seconds less for going from level 2 to 3, it feels slightly weird when charging because you have to "charge through" level 1 even though you wouldn't need to hold fire to get that damage.

The projectile and tracer is kind of boring, a lensflare (photon torpedo) for the projectile and a stretched oval tracer, makes it look like stand in art for an indie game, not a powerful energy weapon.

I like the sound.
    • Up x 2
  5. Charlychop

ill be honest, other than the faster bullet travel, there is no reason to choose the Lancer over the Decimator or the S1. the S1 can hit targets just as far and deal more dmg xD.

its a very fun weapon but once you get into a fight you become more of a kill stealer than an actual AT.
    • Up x 8
  6. Bobby Shaftoe

More than 1x zoom, you HAVE to ADS to hit anything at range, even then all ADS right now is another button to press before you can do something 'useful' with the gun, visual feedback from projectiles is non existent, I see a blob on my screen with no indication of it's velocity.
    • Up x 5
  7. Nyscha

You fully charge and any of the 3 shots from the charged mode miss.

Tested it on a lightning and I did less damage when 2 out of 3 from the charged shots hit, it did even less damage when one out of 3 hit....

Feels like the horrible proton pods for the scythe needing 2 hits to do the max damage on something...

So in other words it's like a shotgun except with long range, if 3 hits hit the target it does the right damage, if one of the shots deviates and misses you do less damage from the full charged projectile.
  8. KuKu

It does less damage when not all of the shots hit and that is wrong?
    :eek:

VS logic ...

I hope the irony of your signature is not lost on you
  9. akajefe

10. Nyscha

You fully charge and any of the 3 shots from the charged mode missed.

Tested it on a lightning and I did less damage when 2 out of 3 from the charged shots hit, it did even less damage when one out of 3 hit....

Feels like the horrible proton pods for the scythe needing 2 hits to do the max damage on something...

If any of the 3 shots from charged mode misses you do less damage, go long range and fire at something and try and get one of the shots to miss, then go close range and make them all hit you can see a difference.
    • Up x 1
  11. Charlychop

well, if this is true the lancer is loosing its edge vs the other specialized AT launchers (G2G and G2A). it would've been awesome to hit those reavers and mossies hanging outside flak and Target range spamming pods. specially when it actually takes 3 shots to down an ESF with the lancer xD (lvl 3 charge)

edit: the spread on the 3 shots is clearly visible after a couple dozen meters. not what you'd call accurate for a gun whose main purpose was to harass air.
    • Up x 2
  12. Andy79

it needs 3x more ammo

the charging feels awkward

when fully charged it should be still 1 projectile, not 3, make it bigger or brighter (you can probably place the current 3 balls on top of eachother, instead of the triangle formation, as a cheap fix)

would not recommend right now
    • Up x 5
  13. Nyscha

Yeah it takes 3 charged shots to kill an ESF but if any of the charged mode shots misses it will survive on more hp.

Tested it in the VR with a friend and 1 out of 3 hit the magrider rear and did the same damage as a non charged shot.
  14. Fiatsu

The point is it should of been 1 projectile from the start, this is a major flaw.
    • Up x 8
  15. Ramjet249

It's a waste of money to the point of being thieved by SOE. Charged 2 point and hit a Prowler....NO DAMAGE at all.
    • Up x 2
  16. Navoletti

THIS WEAPON IS REALLY SH... I ADVERTISE IN MY POST OF THIS..OTHER TIME THE PROTOTYPE OF DEVELOPER HIGBY LAUNCH OP WEAPONS FOR OTHER FACTION AND THE S... WEAPON MORE POOR OF ALL FOR VANU.
    • Up x 1
  17. KuKu

said who?
  18. Doctor?

Point being that we have to stand around charging for ~4 seconds, and then do less than great damage with that full charge shot... and EVEN LESS if one or two of the magic little orbs miss, which due to CoF is actually irritating at mid-to-long range to guarantee all 3 orbs hit.
    • Up x 1
  19. Nyscha

Test it for yourself, go around 300m from an ESF and fire at the smallest point, if it hits it should do max damage each time but if you notice the shot missing and the others hitting you see a damage decrease.
  20. WetPatch

What she is saying a fully charged Lancer doesnt fire a single beam, it fires 3 photon style shots in a triangle formation, which is a pretty big cone. So its pretty easy to miss's with a full charge even if you hit the target.

Its not like the Saron single beam, so the already crap damage can get even crapper with a partial hit.
    • Up x 1