Mattherson, Rejoice! The Enclave Has Quit!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LucMooncrest, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KodiakX

I'm going to start out and state that you're obviously a troll. You're part of what makes this community what it is.

If you have to really ask how TE was successful you just weren't paying attention. I get that. We're not for everyone. However there's who video archives of us curb stomping our "competition." That includes when the odds were completely against us or completely equal numbers. Hell there's a FNO where NC talks about having 4 platoons to our 2 platoons and we turn it into a recruitment video as we stomp all over them. We repeatedly took away the VS lock without resorting to hacking like they needed to break our lock and have done it multiple times during prime time. It says a lot when for the last few months any time we push a lane our "competition" simply gives up and switches lanes on us unless they have some ridiculously defensive scenario (such as a pop advantaged Biolab).

But you know, maybe you're right. We were so bad and ineffective that we maybe didn't matter at all? I mean ignore things like in that linked video how they repeatedly say "TE" when they meant to say "TR" because ya know...we were just some unsuccessful nonfactor outfit that isn't important enough to warrant something ridiculous like a 17+ page thread :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  2. Phrygen

hooray.... the server is completely dead right now

i can't even find a good fight.
    • Up x 3
  3. koopa

whats a "good" fight, cuz i havent seen one outside of primetime for the past few months. often i would question TE's judgement on allocating resources in battles but hey, at least the fights they were dragging bodies to were interesting.
    • Up x 2
  4. Stewart

Why does everyone say Buzz is the number one player? He is not the number one player it only goes by total XP and Kills not skill. In fact Phrygen is a better player than Buzz just look at the KDR. Buzz is a good player but he is not the number one skilled player.
  5. Leal

Also don't boosts effect that ranking? Get the 7 day 50% boost + membership xp boost + 11 people using the squad XP boost....
  6. Rogueghost

Phrygen sits in a tank most of the day and a max the rest of the day, kd is not a good way to judge skill.
    • Up x 2
  7. TekTR

Well that's the problem isn't it? There is no way to measure actual skill in this game right now. All we have are leaderboards, which Buzz happens to be at the top of. K/D is not an accurate measurement because there are too many ways to cheese it (logging out, farming, staying back). It's even less accurate now that revives remove the death.
    • Up x 1
  8. Phrygen

buzz is a better fps player than i am, and he has a significantly better computer than i do (i average 20-28 fps). You could say i'm more disciplined or suborn than he is in regards to not wanting to die

this
    • Up x 3
  9. EliteEskimo

Front Line Tankers posses a lot of skill to maintain high KDR's though, and Phyrgen most certainly doesn't use his Prowler as just an artillery platform.:p
  10. Rogueghost

Oh no I'm not saying that he isn't a good tanker, its just taking someone who always roles tanks and comparing him to someone who often roles infantry isn't a fair comparison.
    • Up x 1
  11. Sappo

Buzz leaving is going to hurt population in the short term, but, well... TR relative population on Mattherson has been slumping since release despite its periodic bloom up to 40% or whatever on other servers, as balance got weird. The only time it was high here was after the merges, and all the new TR blood brought in... before the slump resumed.

His personal style, his abuse of others in command, events like starting a TK campaign against AOD... all that **** added up into running a lot more people off from the game, steadily, than he ever brought in. Even if we take the most exaggerated claim and say that 600 Enclave members are going to quit forever because of this, the reality is the steady population slump for Mattherson TR compared to other servers shows what sort of net effect he has.

In the long run this is the sort of development that can only be positive for the game. Him, and the awful people who made up the core of TE, had a detectable repulsive effect on population. Some people may enjoy playing around and under him and quit over his absence, but a hell of a lot more don't, and quit in the past over his presence.
    • Up x 3
  12. Azereiah

Neither is comparing a player that runs at 80 FPS constantly and has a full squad of constant bodyguards to the average player.

BCP is gone, yes. I shall mourn the loss of one major reason my KDR rose so much as a sniper (good lord he stood still a lot...). I will admit, he was great at spur of the moment tactics. Ordering 50 people to spray a hillside so there's no safe spot, then taking a squad and rushing the point from below? Good move, mate, and I celebrated you stomping on GOKU's clan superiority complex. Decent tactician, good at making people shut up long enough to get an idea across.

Despite his skill, I am happy that the game has lost one of its most embarrassingly disrespectful players. People called him a "Troll", but that's just an excuse to be a total jerkwad. "Trolling" in real life gets you beaten, mugged, killed. He took his gang and stomped on lower level players constantly, including one girl that refused to revive him on account of him being racist in prox chat. That was/is unacceptable, and the loss of such an influential bigot will undoubtedly improve the community.
    • Up x 7
  13. TheGreatOne80

I don't uderstand you guys! Even if you don't like Buzz and TE it's very bad for the game and gamers losing a big outfit and number one streamer.

Just look at twitch! The most popular PS2 stream is Kudochop's usually has like 50-70 viewers and most of them watch his stream because there is always something funny going on, not because PS2 is that good.

Even a crappy shooter game like WarZ with terrible graphics, tons of cheaters, very very boring gameplay and terrible gunplay has streamers with 700-1000 viewers. PS2 MLG stream has 10-30...

I understand why people hate Buzz and his outfit, he's not a nice guy but everything he said in his final stream is correct. This game is going down and losing it's players. I started playing on Mallory on day one. I joined a big outfit we had a few weeks fun and the server became a ghost town. It was merged into Ceres and the population was ok. We had battles even on Amerish all the time but now the population is very low. It's hard to find a good fight. On Indar most of them the battles are zerg vs 10-15 guys. Esamir is sometimes OK, Amerish is empty. My outfit had sometimes 2 platoons and now 2-3 squads or less.

All this 64v64 battle island MLG thing will be an epic fail. This is not a game for that. If people want to play that kind of battles they will choose BF4.

Having new weapon models and helmets or infantry farmer buggies is nice but it doesn't change the gameplay. This game needs new contents and it means new continents, new base types where fights are fun where fights are different.

I played all 3 factions (mostly TR) on different EU servers and have to say fights are the same. The zerg arrives at a base 5-6 guys are sitting in the spawnroom and farming then redeploy just before the base flips. The zerg moves to the next base...

I know there are players who play PS2 to conquer continents and stuff like that or the RPG elements but more people play only because they like PvP shooter games and this is just a red guys vs purple guys vs blue guys game for them.

The only thing that makes people play this game is there is no other new fps game on the market. When BF4 and the next CoD (I don't know it's title) comes out PS2 will lose many many players.

I don't know how many active players The Enclave had but I guess it's 4-500. I'm sure not all of them will quit, some of them will join other outfits and keep playing but losing 2-300 players is just sad.
    • Up x 3
  14. Konstantinn

How is Buzz leaving a good thing?

The guy is probably the most dedicated player in the entire game across all servers. Him leaving will take a lot of current TE out of the game (though many will stay and join other outfits I'm sure). This will literally ruin TR faction on Mattherson, all they have going for them right now is prime-time when TE is pushing (while streaming).

No more streams on twitch, which were actually very well organized and easy to follow along. He's been doing them for a long time and has more experience than anyone I've personally heard of in this game. His is #1 stream following PS2. That's a minus to advertising.

I agree with a lot of what he said in his video, especially with Planetside2 lacking depth. Where are other continents? Where are warpgate links to make fighting and locking continents meaningful? Development is dragging, instead of adding content they focused on adding things to get more cash. It's all about short-term profits rather than sustainability.

Btw this is coming from NC player.
    • Up x 1
  15. VSDerp

i know right we be on at the wrong times. ill look out for you. watch out my smg is comming for u
    • Up x 1
  16. Sappo

Because his presence has repelled far, far more people than it attracted. Even if population dives in the short-term, in the long run his absence is good for the game.

I mean, his twitch was the highest one. You know what that means? it means Sony's biggest public face was a literal fascist and admitted white-supremacist. I'm sure THAT is a great way to pull in the crowds.

They could (and probably should!) implement something like what Hi-Rez did for SMITE, with official streams that have a cycle of players so there's always a streamer, 24/7. But that's aside.
    • Up x 4
  17. Azereiah

His influence over the development team is gone, therefore he is no longer more "important" than every other outfit leader.
    His personality is gone, therefore he is no longer able to organize Teamkilling raids and anything else that breaks the spirit of teamwork and gameplay. He is also no longer able to "troll" (or, more accurately, be a total ****) in chat, be it prox or text.

My assumption is that he got upset over a couple of changes, and decided it's not worth it to have worthwhile competition to the largest outfit out there. He then saved face by releasing a public statement that only barely touched on his personal feeling, very much politician-esque.

TR will be fine on Mattherson - they have other outfits that are now able to grow without the monster of The Enclave quite literally recruiting every guy that logs in without an outfit tag, then proceeding to TK any outfits that aren't following BCP blindly.
    • Up x 3
  18. BarxBaron

I'd have to agree to an extent. Some tankers just KNOW when to reposition and still effect the frontline directly. This is a case of where awareness trumps pure fps skill in some regards. Some good FPSers don't have that awareness factor unless they are bunny hopping over the plains in BF3 or somesuch type game.
    • Up x 2
  19. Tasogie

oh the irony.....
  20. USD

According to your killboard https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618037382113/killboard/?view=kills If you HAVE killed buzz, it was twice at most.

Go on, tell us about the time you sniped buzz so often your K/D went up to 0.75 from God knows where.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.