Matherson TR has made me into a sore loser....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latrodectus

So you're saying we should work hard just so we can help funnel free wins into the NC? I'm sorry, but I would rather have the Vanu win an alert than to hand it over to trash like you. At least I can take solace in knowing that outfits like DA, AC, and NNG deserve their wins.

I'd also like to address this:

This is simply not true, if only for one reason: AOD. I have nothing against the vast majority of AOD members, and I understand that their outfit tries to shoulder the harrowing burden of mass-recruiting fresh players and trying to at least point them in the right direction; but in all honesty, they have some of the most incompetent leaders I have ever seen. I am saying this as some one who has not only been a part of their platoons, but also as some one who moonlights as a VS player from time to time. Their World War II era Russian-style foot zergs ensure that there are ALWAYS plenty of kills to go around. I have witnessed this several times while playing on my VS alt during alerts, and a perfect example of it happened just yesterday during the Indar alert. The scenario was as follows:

After a bit of back and forth, the TR (consisting mainly of AOD and Honey Badgers, I believe) managed to secure Red Ridge Communications. Their next target here is invariably the death trap that is Scarred Mesa Skydock. Now, any one with any knowledge of how battles flow on Indar knows damn well that Scarred Mesa Skydock is quite possibly the hardest point to take on Indar. So what was AOD's answer to this? They foot zerged from RRC to SMS. It was obviously a slaughter. With some solid air support from Notorious, they finally get to the jump pad, and maybe a dozen people attempted to come up before the VS started streaming down the jump pad and clearing them out completely.

I think a lot of people can agree that this is a mockery of tactics and strategy, that part is obvious. It's also worth noting that this isn't an isolated occurrence either, in fact it happens with such consistency that I often joke to my friends that AOD is actually run by VS shadow puppets who exist only to shovel more soldiers into the gaping maw of VS command. However, I am completely serious when I say that this approach to gameplay is a terrible experience for players both new and old. Having to do a forced march on a towering point defense only to be brushed off with ease is something that no decent platoon leader should ever take part in.

Again, I respect the noble intentions of AOD in their effort to cause some cohesion among the unwashed masses, but they had a strong air presence and they didn't even attempt a mass Galaxy drop. I mean what do you say to that? I mean how can you be one of the oldest outfits on the server and you still stumble into these kinds of pitfalls all the time?
  2. Meeka

I'm not sure how it's propaganda.

My favourite faction is the TR, but I prefer to play the NC for the balanced game play, but I hate playing the VS for the lack of game play, or rather... short lived game play... because every fight snowballs into an avalanche of bodies where the game becomes about killing the enemy before your buddy next to you does.

I know a lot of TR who prefer playing the TR have stopped playing or left the game entirely because they don't have a "game" to play; and that's becoming a serious issue with the TR. Being challenged is one thing, being steam rolled constantly by rivers of VS that you don't have a chance of winning against is entirely another.

At least the NC understand the concept; they've been the low pop faction many times. The VS, however, never seem to have a concept of how their numbers are ruining the game.

I don't hate the VS, I feel bad for the VS. The problem of the Mattherson VS overpopulation is not just a TR and NC problem, it's a VS problem too, because it's robbing the VS of an actual game. Eventually the VS are not going to have a game to play. It's only a matter of time before people quit the game or join the VS; and there'll be nothing left for you guys to shoot at, at all. And what happens then?

So, you can somehow twist or turn it into "get more skillz" when it has absolutely nothing to do with it.
  3. Devrailis

Why don't you???

Half the fun would be coming up with a catchphrase in the first place.
  4. Nayrx

Getting back to the OP. I find the same problem and usually joining a large platoon will help. AOD usually has a few on at night as do a few other outfits. This way if even TR are losing the big picture you will have some localized victories which makes a big difference in having fun in the game.
  5. DQCraze

Fret not, the Prophets have forseen a great resurgence in the Empire. The Vanu are preparing for this onslaught and the enlightened ones shall guide us.
  6. Sarcasmo

Seeing how Vanu are the butt end of 80% of the jokes on Waterson, It is so foreign to me, to see people talking about how much fear the VS instills in the other two factions.
  7. Negator

Like i said, whatever you guys need to tell yourselves to get your heads in the game.
  8. DQCraze

Just make an alt and check it out. Each faction has very good outfits, I just think VS has more of them because they have a bigger pool to choose from. Lets face it, the low pop gets it stuck to em on every server, here it happens to be TR.
    • Up x 2
  9. Sarcasmo

I have an NC soldier on Mattherson because its where my friends play,(Stupid hethan rebel scum)
  10. BoomBoom4You

I think Mattherson should be 100% VS
    • Up x 1
  11. EliteEskimo

It has nothing to do with "fear" it has to do with many battles the VS have the option of dropping 1-2 extra platoons of guys that we don't have the numbers to match. When the populations are balanced Mattherson TR are fully capable of winning alerts and we do. But when the VS decide to zerg the TR when we're in 20 something %'s and the NC decide to derp and fight against us at the same time there is only so much you can do as an underpopulated faction. Fighting Mattherson VS is fun, not terrifying, when the populations are even. However when it's not an even fight they aren't fun to fight against. At least with Mattherson NC when they attack us they don't have the coordination of Mattherson VS so we still have a fair chance of still beating them even while we are underpopulated.
    • Up x 1
  12. Meeka

When you point a finger at AOD you might as well point a finger at the "generic TR" population.

On a serious note, AOD has a lot of unskilled members (except for the upper echelon/core AOD players) but generic VS population still outnumbers AOD. So, no matter how many bodies AOD can throw at something, regardless of how organized or mostly unorganized, the VS can still throw more.

That said, most of the time, I prefer fighting in areas where AOD doesn't; you're less likely to get TK'd and run over. The TR has enough worries getting overrun by enemies, let alone getting run over by friendlies. ;)
  13. Meeka

Have you played all factions long enough for an actual perspective of game play from those sides?
    I have.
  14. EliteEskimo

Negator typically refuses to acknowledge the obvious obstacles in TR's way like having little territory, few resources, Vanu over pop to fight against which can take a well coordinated TR plan and chuck extra platoons at it which we can't match being around 26-30% population. For instance at times the TR tries to fight yet the Vanu take their overpop and punch deep into TR territory despite us having 20 something % population and trying to fight both factions. This leaves us in position where we don't have extra resources for Galaxies, Sunderers, or Tanks while the Vanu can spam them to their heart's content.

He's right in that we have to work on improving ourselves, but he's not good at admitting the current position the faction is in. It would be similar to someone from an *** Football team with a full roster with 2nd and 3rd string players ready for action at any moment telling another *** team which can't even put 11 guys on the field to work on their playbook, workout more, and stop making excuses. You can improve your plays, improve the players you have, but at the end of the day the other team is doing the same thing while having a full team with extra players.
    • Up x 3
  15. Corporate Thug

I agree with most of this post except for TR weapons being mediocre. I love my Carv and Cycler. I like the Carv more than the Orion and my Cycler even more so. The only area I see TR lacking is in the Carbine department, but the Trac 5 is really nice as a default weapon. Overall I would have to say TR weapons are great. Each faction requires minor tweaks to your play style, while the VS do have a great mix of accuracy/rof/damage, they aren't uber easy or easy mode.

I started playing TR on Mattherson because of the underpop. There isn't much you can do except try to push, even if you know you will lose. The most fun thing for me to do is to spawn at some friendly location where there are only a few allies and bring a fight to those who thought they were going to get an easy base cap. If you can't beat them, punch them in the face until they realize how bad they are, then run away while redeploying ;)
  16. Yuukikun

We have many people in DA playing on TR almost once every day. Also, for a few weeks already i haven't seen VS have higher world pop than NC at least outside the dead hours.

What's happening mostly is that both TR and NC don't even want to try to fight VS anymore unless it's a 200 players zerg. For many days already i have to go in a TR vs NC fight (howling pass yesterday) to be able to get some fun.

I'm going to play some TR myself once i finish my last infantry vs infantry auraxiums, but you guys are making it hard with your incompetence at dividing your zergplatoon into multiple groups. Wether i go stop a ghost capper or i have to fight against 5+ libs and 20+ prowlers shelling a spawn room.
  17. Negator

I readily admit the realistic issues, but its absolutely silly to think that overpop is the only problem. Im not stupid eskimo, and you know that. What you should be doing is going over Meeka's silly post about how TR are battle hardened veterans who only need a few more bodies to do well. Telling yourself youre all gods among men will only improve morale for so long; sooner or later you'll have to get results, which means actually realizing your shortcomings.

The *** comparison doesnt work because in order to build a full team in PS2, you must attract and keep players, which means doing exactly what you listed. Nobody wants to play with a bunch of underperforming whiners.

So youre options are to continue to blame circumstance which you cant control, or take action like Mustarde and control what you can. Anything else is a waste of breath.

And in reality, typical "overpop" lately has been 32% VS and 29% TR. comon.
  18. PraiseTheSpandex

Speaking as someone who chose server and faction at random (VS/Mattherson, ya) and who is still working on their first toon, I can understand the frustration but it'd be nice if people didn't make it personal.

I didn't sign up for "easymode" anything and I die to plenty of NC/TR bullets.

There's no VS/TR alliance. Or TR/NC alliance (which I hear people ******** about sometimes in VS). Or NC/VS alliance. Sometimes, the state of the map is such that it just makes sense for people to double-team the strongest (or weakest) faction. Sometimes command will make a silly call because they're not privy to the third faction's plans.
  19. Tentakewls

I agree,we should have a catchphrase... I was thinking a song would be better but I guess enemies can't hear that :/
  20. Tycoh

So how's that "teaching Mattherson TR platoons and platoon leaders" thing going for ya?
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/looking-for-a-growing-tr-outfit.173554/
    Haven't seen much improvement on Mattherson TR's population lately except for a few ragtag 4th factioner groups. I was hoping that "superior wisdom and skill" of yours was going to rub off onto TR eventually.;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.