Matherson TR has made me into a sore loser....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MasterCheef, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarcasmo

After I switched to Waterson, I just got tired of the game and stopped playing. I only started playing again last week. Meeting untimely ends against the big blue blob and lamey samey NS crap.
  2. Trudriban

That's exactly what I did though with the NC (right after the striker, just before ZoE, and smack during Low Tax's collapse, I am so good at timing) and between having to take a 4 month break and then contemplating doing it again during the latest WDS, I wish I switched over to Waterson instead. I like to joke alot on these forums but I'm dead serious when I say Mattherson is still cancerous even long after the tumor known as TE has been amputated. The only thing keeping me there is a heroic boost, the lack of transfer tokens, and an outfit of swell gents

Sarcasmo, you had the best idea and I salute you
  3. LIKE A BOSS!

Yeah that 1-2 month period was Mathersons Prime.
  4. iller

Can vouch for this. Connery TR outfit are probably the most efficient on any server. They may not have the easy mode wins (particularly from showing up at the last minute) like the Connery Vanu always have. They may not have the Zergs that 666 & ADK always brought. They don't even seem to have the best Map-reading & movement Tactics around. But they pull out victories every week that are awe inspiring
  5. Sarcasmo

Your friends will probably be saluting my corpse with about 30 vanguard tracks in a moment. Im going to wokuk.
  6. Trudriban

surprising enough I'm a ****** tanker in the Vanguard, though it must be pretty hard getting a HEAT round from Mattherson to Waterson ;)
  7. Typhoeus

I'm just going to jump in here and point out if your main is TR on Mattherson, you are a bad *** who chose to fight the hard fight. If you can withstand and overcome the abuse, in the end it'll just make you that much better of a player. There's a certain level of pride that should come with being the underdog. We most definitely hold our own despite our massive disadvantage in numbers and the all to often quiet VS/NC borders. As has been pointed out, take your victories where you can. I'm quite satisfied when I end a night with a 5/1 kd or higher. You may have temporarily taken my land but I sure as hell will have made you bleed for those captures! :D
    • Up x 4
  8. Negator

If propaganda is what you guys need, keep it rolling. I think an honest assessment of yourselves would probably be a better route to improvement though.
  9. Trudriban

Coming out the mouth (or keyboard) of someone who is clinically depressed, negative reinforcement only helps someone improve if they don't want to believe you. The VS already turned the TR and NC into defeatists and it could do more good telling them they can be merry bands of badasses rather than reminding them the VS overloards are better in every way
  10. Sarcasmo

I was wrong. I got all the gens and capped A before a single NC guy came, I killed him, he shouted I was done for, then five minutes later 4 TR Libs with daltons came in and blew up my sunderer and came in taunting me.

Fourth Faction is a bag of dicks. I am getting back into the mindset of leaving the game again because theres no such thing as even fights and I am sick of losing.
  11. Schwak

Getting BR100 TR on Mattherson is the ultimate Planetside 2 hard mode.
    • Up x 4
  12. Trudriban

...I seem to be confused at how this conversation is transitioning
  13. Sarcasmo

Im just complaining about how ****** population balance is in general with this game. They should have gone one or two megaservers for US and EU instead. That and how Fourth Faction is a real problem.
  14. Aydara

Try Connery at night, when a certain 'culture' that advocates winning by any means swarms out like a locust plague. Then again, between 2pm-5pm the mindless children who haven't yet developed an innate sense of strategy are just as bad to play alongside. (Yes please, don't kill the Sunderer I've clearly pointed out to all of you, keep trying to shoot each other in the head with rockets. That will surely win the day... the medic will do it for you with my amazing revive powers eh? OR how about I go solo as a MAX yet again, I'll only die in 12 bullets instead of 2. That's the ticket!)

Yes, sometimes I really hate people...

Btw, the crash exploit still exists in some rare form. The only time I crash is when a certain Vanu faction isn't winning an alert...
  15. Trudriban

don't see how the second bit relates to me sticking with Mattherson and regretting it but thanks for the clear-up! I've actually had a similar experience as you but instead of the guys switching to the other enemy faction they went NC and tried to mae me lock my weapons

On another note, do we count as fourth factioners if we switched factions for the purpose of a new permanent home?
  16. Alarox

They used to be #1 on most servers in terms of effectiveness and popularity. For quite some time, actually.
  17. Sarcasmo

Nah. Fourth factioners are those who join the winning side so they can win. Instead of being cool and helping their losing side,
  18. Killerdude8

You kinda learn to take in in full stride, I don't care if we lose a strategic point, But i'll do my best to keep my Comrades fully stocked on Ammo, and their tanks fully repaired.

So much fun.
  19. GrandpaFlipfox

If it makes you feel any better my friend and I just made TR characters and joined the Matherson relief effort. And I'm working on putting together a small outfit squad that may or may not be terrible.

And by the way how does SOE sleep at night giving the TR the Carv? I didn't realize just how badly they nerfed it all those months ago. I assumed it was a bit crap just by my experiences facing it with my SAW but that thing is beyond terrible. No accuracy, no stopping power, no attachments, and a long reload for how fast it goes through that 100 rnd magazine. It's nearly made me rage quit my whole plan to help the Matherson TR.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ender

Being a 4th factioner, and knowing plenty of others who do it as well, I can tell you with certainty that a majority of the "4th faction" are players who want to play the underpopped faction so they can have the most amount of fun. This whole 4th faction needs to die, 4th faction ruins everything is a fallacy created by the uninformed players that never leave their "loyal" empire. True 4th factioners play to shoot their weapons, and you only get to do that on the underpopped side. When alert populations shifts at the very end, its a faction logging off that knows it isn't going to win instead of sticking around and playing the game...... to play the game, namely shooting other people.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.