Is SLI working yet

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ian_M, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Octiceps

No we have big GAME issues. Everything else but PS2 runs superb.
  2. BlackDove

I guess almost all Gigabyte, Asus and EVGA GPU's must be cheap junk, since they all use Cooler Master, as well as all those OEM parts they make for servers too. Right Vanu?
  3. Dragam

Ian_M : Glad to hear that you went with the most obvious solution, and that its working nicely for you :)

Regarding putting the render quality to 1.41, im guessing youre running out of frame buffer (vram), as youre effectively rendering the game at twice your screen resolution... and when you run out of frame buffer, the fps might still be ok, but youre gonna have alot of stuttering.
  4. starlinvf

Why would you want multi-threading support? Why would you even have more then 1 core when it adds so much overhead to everything? Why did we even bother going beyond 16-bit memory buses? Or go from Serial, to parallel and back to serial again? Its about improving performance in light of a physical barrier, and the natural progression of technology. As improvements are made in various areas of tech, we constantly switch between serial and parallel, analog and digital, wide band and narrow band, as the amount of information we can cram into a signal improves.

If you can get by on 1080p, imagine the potential for 4k, or even Volumetric Displays by chaining low cost, reliable hardware together.
  5. Ian_M

Could be related to VRAM, but have the GPU memory usage in the on screen display, is never going over 1700MB usage in planetside 2. It could be to do with GPU memory bandwidth or the fact that each GPU is sharing PCI express bandwidth (PIE 3.0 x8 for each card), unlike your socket 2011 system. I bet its the program itself and is memory related & have a feeling that when the 64 bit version is released the problem may go away.
  6. Ian_M

I used to have a gtx 560 ti on a 1680 x 1050p monitor and it ran it fairly well.
    Now I am using 3 19 inch monitors in portait and it looks much much nicer and a better gameplay experience, with total resolution of 3272 x 1280. Those monitors were inexpensive and the second GPU was not expensive. Both the cards are not maxed when playing and go to a max of about 70 %. They can be overclocked pretty well if necessary and are confident they can play good frame rates on a 4k monitor and when they come down in price enough, I intend to get one.
    Here is why
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4K_resolution
    • Up x 1