Is SLI working yet

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ian_M, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Dragam

/facepalm - read what it says in his specs... he uses 3x 1080p monitors, aka he needs to push 3 times the pixels, Thus needs 3 times the gpu power.

Others, like myself, play on 1440p or higher single monitors, which also reqruires alot more gpu power.
  2. BrianJ2

3. Dragam

Sorry, but are you mentally challenged? I specifically said that the pic was with sli DISABLED, in order to show the comparison with sli enabled. But im not sure wether you are trolling, or dont have 2 functioning brain cells...
  4. VanuZuma

Seriously dude if anyone is spreading false info its you. Also you might want to change something in your setup, to be capped at 60fps and have your cards whatever they may be melting down at those temps. All that screen shows is that you dont have good ventilation.

Also SLI is still vary broken and used to work a lot better. The game hitches randomly now and is just not smooth like it used to before before all this performance initiative.
  5. Dragam

Dear god VanuZuma... have you heard of v-sync? it caps your fps as your monitors refresh rate... and thats the temperatures 680s with reference coolers hit, and no, they dont melt... the max safe temp is at 98 for a reason.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_680_review,10.html
    http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-680/specifications

Sad that you cant get sli to Work... but i have a feeling that it has less to do with sli being broken, and alot more to do with your skills, or rather lack of.

But ill bet you 100 usd, that my setup actually has better ventelation than yours.

http://imageshack.com/a/img198/5233/36wk.jpg

Coolermaster cosmos 2 case, with 2x14 cm fans in the top, 1x 14 cm in the back, 4x 12 cm in the side, 1x 12 and 1x 14 cm in the front.
  6. Octiceps

Max it with what, 30 FPS? I have a slightly-faster 6950 in another system and I was nowhere near maxing it out at 1080p60 even before PU01 broke performance.
  7. Plunutsud pls

40-50 fps with all the detail settings maxed out, vsync off.
  8. Octiceps

Minimum or average?
  9. Dragam

Screenshots from big battles, or it didnt happen.
    • Up x 1
  10. Octiceps

Right on. I'd have a hard time believing 40-50 FPS in heavy fighting with a 560 Ti at 1080p max settings considering I got less than that on better hardware.

(But then again, what do I know. This game hates me apparently.)
  11. Dragam

Precisly... 560 ti has about half the power of a 680 Card... and from my testing, i found that a single 680 could just barely keep a constant 60 fps at 1080p in very heavy combat... so im guessing youd dip to 30 fps in heavy combat with a 560 ti with everything set to max at 1080p... which is still playable, but id avoid that low fps if possible.
  12. vulcan78

No worries, great physics score there as is expected with your CPU and surely you GPU's are at base clocks as I believe GTX 680 is capable of much higher overclocked. :)
  13. BlackDove

BrianJ2:

SLI has hardware level frame pacing, where as AMD has had to patch their broken CrossFire in software.

You actually don't have frame pacing in DX9 games, even with the patched drivers, which only enable frame pacing in DX10 and 11.

You should really read the countless threads debating if CrossFire works or not, including the ones where people have taken one card out, and realized it works better than with both cards.

Even the brand new GPU's don't work in CrossFire for DX9 with XDMA.
  14. Plunutsud pls

Average, of course. Like I said, all detail maxed out, vsync off.

Briefly drops below 30 when a bomb explodes in my face or something.

Perfectly playable for me, but of course it won't satisfy a hardcore 120hz gamer or whatever.
  15. Dragam

Vulcan78 : thats actually with overclocks applied, but overclock vs standard barely makes a difference :)

I have reference 680 Cards, so its limited how much they can be overclocked... classified and lightning versions can hit a bit more, but we are talking about less than 10% extra performance.
  16. VanuZuma

Wow dude you just dont understand how things work. No sense trying to explain things to you or argue with you. But coming from someone that has 2 of those cards something is vary wrong if your hitting those temps. Ive never seen above about 65C while playing ps2 maxed out. Im not saying 80C is going to kill the card, but that is hot for any game especially with vsync.

Oh and speaking of vsync yes ive heard of it, and unlike you I actually understand how it works. Your rendering less frames thus your GPUs are not working as hard so they should be cooler, not hotter. But you probably dont understand this concept.

And Ill just go ahead and take that $100 from you right now since that screen shot proves my whole point. Either turn up your fan speed or get a case that has some airflow because your slowly cooking your cards.
  17. Dragam

Please enlighten me - what is it that i dont understand? That all reviewers show that the reference 680 cards hit 80c as standard? That the Cards are greenlighted to operate up to 98c ?

Also, youre refering to a very old screenshot - if you werent just trying to troll me, then youd look at the new screenshots ive posted in this thread (such as the pic below) and look at what the temps are there... but Again, youre just making a pathetic trolling attempt.
    http://imageshack.com/a/img593/9863/dvxc.jpg

Yeah clearly you deserve those 100 bucks, cause your INWIN GRone case is obviously better than a cosmos 2 case... please rtard, your case is ****.
  18. VanuZuma

Also cooler master products are typically vary cheaply built. It's Cool though if I was building my first rig ever I probably would have bought the first case I could find at micrometer as well
  19. Dragam

Again, please enlighten me what it is that i fail to understand - you post personal offenses, and provide no facts, nor sources to your claims.

Regarding the case... whatever makes you sleep at night. Your case is a mediocre medi Tower, where as mine is one the few ultra Towers on the market, and has the highest possible ratings on everything but Price and weight... ofc, if you cant afford the 350 usd for a cosmos 2, then the 120 usd for your case seems very appealing.
  20. Ian_M

Hi
    If anyone is interested (as I started this post), I got another gtx 670 to run in SLI.
    It seems to be working well and get 60 fps nearly all the time running three monitors. The load balance between the two GPUs is usually the same, just differing by about 5% sometimes.
    The only problem with stuttering/hitching is if I go into useroptions.ini and put the render quality to 1.41.
    At standard 1.00 it is fine. I may be an SLI issue or just the game itself.
    I guess those with big SLI issues had CPU/motherboard/driver issues.