Heavy assaults to be nerfed next patch

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Nyscha, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Emotitron

I am a numerical outlier with my K/D. The average K/D of pilots isn't nearly that high so you wouldn't go nerfing a vehicle based on one guy who plays super cautiously. Not sure what my K/D has to do with this discussion at all.

Now if the average person in an ESF were getting a better K/D and SPM than they do in other vehicles/maxes then of course it would need revisiting. These things should be done based on numbers more than the feelings of a small loud group of people.

Not true at all. Tank drivers average much better K/D and SPM on average - at least according the last batch of server stats I saw. Maxes had the highest, followed by tanks, followed by ESF/Libs. The perception of the airgame by people who don't really fly much is pretty skewed. Granted, the good pilots who do well do VERY well - but you can't balance around them.

You can't nerf an entire class or vehicle based on a few players who do well with them, you have to design them around the average.
  2. ErebusKain

LMGs are just a liability now, the shots almost leave the barrels diagonally. I can do better with my beamer.
  3. Takoita

Might as well just remove the overshield and just add those points to the blue bar directly.
    • Up x 1
  4. cruczi

I really don't get you, you're making no sense
  5. WarmasterRaptor

Actually, that could be an overshield perk. Activate, "ramp/charge/heat up", glow, your shield pool is boosted and also your shield regeneration rate, even under damage. Timed ability. Shields completely depleted/drained after time limit. Cooldown.
    • Up x 1
  6. DevDevBooday

...... So you think the Orion is worse than your beamer?
    The Orion, probably in the top 3 of 'Best guns of all time'
    And it sucks does it?
  7. ErebusKain

I find that I can hit players better with my beamer at 15+m, then the Orion. Which is good gun, no doubt. But I find it's recoil sometimes impossible to counteract, as I tend to get large and frequent lag spikes in combat. Semi-automatic guns are easier to control for me that reason, and I'm able to get a higher DPS with the beamer for that reason. LMGs have worse DPS and recoil than carbines.
  8. NoInstructions

Pick any carbine over the Orion and you will be back. The gun isn't the problem, you just haven't played enough. VX6-7 and Serpent being it's competitors in the carbine bracket, there is no way you would think they are better as a sane individual.
  9. Posse

*ahem*

[IMG]

VX6-7 too stronk
  10. Surmise

lol at the VS HA players defending their almost-AR like LMGs by saying how much they are bad, are you serious or just delusional?

The orion, most overpowered infantry weapon since release, 2nd one SVA88, you can even do good with mediocre aim than with the other's faction equivalents, that's how much op it is, no bullet drop with high muzzle velocity along relatively low recoils to their RPM.. making the VS HA best infantry class in the game by far i guess that added much to the heavy nerf too lol.

If they removed 0.75 on the Orion, the Orion would still be much better than the Carv in dueling due to no bullet drop(more viable for headshots), just top lel at the current balance.
  11. Posse

While my post was half in joke (I don't need to point that I like the Orion since I have almost 40k kills with it), the fact that you think that bullet drop is actually relevant at the ranges where the Orion is used, tells me you don't know what you're talking about.
    • Up x 1
  12. Surmise

my point was that it, the nobullet drop thing makes weapon effective at least one range tier, or in metres tier more than planned, like from 20 to 40 ez mostly because targets on range stand when are shooting back and few milliseconds of less faster bullet will make it hit the target nonetheless but all that only if you can burst fire of course which is piece of cake. that makes Orion all around LMG lol

i bet youve never thought about that in that way
  13. Posse

I'm not sure I understood this post because your grammar was completely broken, but bullet drop is irrelevant at 40 meters.
    • Up x 1
  14. ErebusKain

The reload is massive, I would rather use my side arm instead. The Orion's recoil isn't subtle, carbines feel recoilless in comparison.
  15. ErebusKain

The only VS guns that really benefits from the lack of bullet drop are the Eidilon (Battle rifle/DMR) and the semi automatic sniper rifles. Bullet drop at around 60m (maximum gunfight range for assault rifles, carbines, LSWs and LMGs) is insignificant. And with current complaints, we might lose that as well.

Orion first shot multiplier, kickback and recoil is terrible. Bursting with high first shot multiplier is impossible. The Orion sways to both the left and right, making compensating for horizontal recoil more difficult. People say that the 3.4 scopes are too far. Screw taking laser sight, I'm taking the forward grip.
  16. Surmise

I can send a vid to that, which completely kills everything you said just by looking at the gameplay, it's not me but i can do taht too, google up MattimerVS soloing on yt, and see for yourself. i wont post links unless you really really want. 2.1x Fshot mult is nothing if you have good hand control and if you use fingertips- which is easy

You just seem to be defending the OP weapon sorr
  17. Krypza

Bullet drop is irrelevant to the ranges you fight at with LMG's.

I watched some of that video and saw nothing other than a player who knows how to compensate recoil with some form of situation awareness that many players lack, In fact I saw some areas where having a higher ammo capacity would have been able to net him some more kills.

Surmise, I'm not sure what faction you play as but have you tried using the Anchor? It's just as good if not better for some play styles when compared to the Orion. The MSW-R is a great option for TR.
  18. KnightCole

Prolly me lol. I didnt say they get as many kills as medics, I say I have just as high a KD on my Medic as my HA. Proving that Medics and other classes are not so hopeless in the combat field. Also showing that a HA Shield isnt a Iwin button. If it was, my HA would pretty much never die. He dies plenty, even with his shield. My Medic has no shield yet still manages a KD about hte same as my HA.

This ofc im sure will even out as my Medic plays more. I only have 500 some kills vs 10K on my HA...so idk lol.

BUt nerfing the HA shield, seems kinda derpy to me.
    • Up x 2
  19. VoidMagic

Sense... your making it... don't you understand, heavy assaults kill PEOPLE... we can't have that.
    • Up x 2
  20. ViperMkII

I use resist shield exclusively, I already have to activate it before I go into battle. So I guess that now it will be absolutely useless. The real answer here is to make it so that NMG and AS no longer stack with crutch weave. But hey, SOE doesn't give a **** about what we think or like. First the make my vehicles fugly as ****, now they make my favorite class useless. . .