HD VIDEO physx looks awesome, ghost buster medics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by mikizle, Feb 12, 2013.

1. mikizle

You can enable nvidia physx and it has a ways to go but it adds a lot.

Sparks fly and bounce off the ground and area from bullet impacts, particles swirl around, and medics stand out now.

• Up x 2
  2. Zitroxious

how? its not in the ini and the ingame setting is grayed out
  3. Jac70

Yeah I had it on and it adds some extra polish to the game. Only thing I'm not keen on is the way the lift beams reset when you look at them. Also, I was fighting on the landing pad of a Bio Lab and there was huge chunks of rock debris being created when large explosions were happening which seemed out of place.
  4. Nayrx

Greyed out for me also.
  5. PurpleOtter

Copied from another posting, it enables the Physx option:

"Lines of code to add at the end of rendering section of useroptions.ini:

ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1

Also requires 313.96 beta drivers"
    • Up x 3
  6. Gavyne

Looks great.
  7. L1ttlebear

Can someone describe to me (in complete detail) how to change this? I looked in what i thought was my ini file but i did not see any GPUphysics options. I have a nice computer and i wanna play with this so bad :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Please HELP! :/
  8. Gavyne

Post above mine describes what lines to add to your useroptions.ini file.
  9. mikizle

I wrote how to do this in the description on youtube. You just change or add options in the file, the same way you manually access ultra settings.
  10. LordTankT9

It looks like it's beer pouring out of lifting platforms. OMG, I'm so happy...:D
  11. Trinith

Well that looks pretty darn cool... :D
  12. NeverWas

is the nvidia driver compatible with gtx660 ? i cant seem to install it D:
  13. Kronic

Doesn't require those drivers. I'm using 310.90. Pretty sure any driver with physx capability will work.
  14. PurpleOtter

I know, the text between the quote marks belongs to some one else. I discovered the same thing when I updated the drivers for my Quadro and there was no beta version...
  15. ExarRazor

it does NOT require 313.96 beta drivers

im using 310.90, and im getting the full effect of the forced gpu physx
  16. NightmareP69

This is the first time iv'e seen Nvidia GPU Physx being used for something usefull, it improves FPS while making the game look nicer at the same time which is something very rare for Physx, usully Physx cuts your frame rate in half in most games.
    Anyway, it's still unfinished so it doesn't work very good. The particals something go thru walls and the game becomes more unstable if you use it + if you play for a long time(let's say 2 hours) with Physx on, your frame rate will start droping alot.
    The devs said than Nvidia is working on a driver update which will make Physx work better in PS2 and of course make the game run better when you have it turned on.
    I'm definitly looking forward to that update ALOT, it might be the first update that will actully make PS2 run better while making it look better at the same time.
    • Up x 1
  17. DankFist

search your program files for Planetside 2. You'll see "Planetside 2" with a folder icon, click it. Now scroll down and look for UserOptions.

Under where it says [Rendering] At the very bottom add these two lines

ForceGpuPhysics=1
    GpuPhysics=1

Then save it and open your game.
  18. nukularZ

It probably came from me. I never upgraded to 310.xx because they caused stuttering in PS2 (for me), so I skipped over those entirely. PhysX wasn't working on the 306.97 drivers that I was using previously.
  19. THUGGERNAUT

tested, confirmed working, but tanks framerate on a GTX 660 with 310.90's. does fiddling with the physx control panel or the beta drivers help?
  20. Klocin

Tell me OP, what is your rig like? I'm guessing at least OCi5 @ 4.5ghz and gtx670. Anyway, the game looks gorgeous from your perspective!