HC-1 Cougar - Completely Garbage From the Dev Team

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hibiki54, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawken is better

Those extra 45 rounds-per-minute were deemed perfectly fine for the 7F/Serpent because "10 EXTRA BULLETS!!!"

Now that TR's finally dropped the 10 extra rounds and gained a mindblowing 32 rounds-per-minute increase in fire rate over the next highest 167-damage carbine, it's suddenly "OVERPOWERED OVERPOWERED FACTION TRAITS FACTION TRAITS BAD DEVS!!!!"

If the hypocrisy weren't so blatant, it'd actually be funny. I'm sure that 1,759 DPS is gonna be a real CQC powerhouse.

That said, I'm glad it's a 167-damage carbine designed for CQC and not just a copy/paste of another faction's weapon. I don't believe there's anything else like it besides the Cyclone, and that is refreshing.
    • Up x 10
  2. Cyrek

I'm not buying the OP's story, there should be something the Mercenary and its cousins to have superior over this new TR carbine.
  3. Shubniggurath

Damage drop off. A guy on reddit just made this damage+dps comparison between the Merc & Cougar:

[IMG]

We already have 4 CQC carbines....
    • Up x 13
  4. TheShrapnelKing

WHAT THE **** IS THE POINT OF FACTION TRAITS IF BOTH YOU PEOPLE AND SOE DON'T HEED THEM ANYWAY???

Seriously, the TR should NEVER get a 167 carbine, just like I really don't think the NC should have weapons like the GD-7F. WE should have something like the Cougar. The TR are supposed to be the "MORE DAKKA" faction right? High ROF large mag weapons? But now you're going to give them what is essentially an NC carbine? How does this make sense???
    • Up x 2
  5. GhostAvatar

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............ *breaths*. Sorry, no one has made me laugh this much on forumside in a long time. Absolutely classic that you sit here and complain about the RoF for the upcoming TR carbine, when NC have had the carbine RoF advantage for a long time.
    • Up x 1
  6. Paperlamp

Cougar is garbage. It has an annoying recoil pattern like a TRAC-5 that pulls left, they slapped one of the worst TR iron sights possible to choose on it, it has no access to a 2x reflex.

I won't even be buying it.

NC should get the Cougar if they want it, it's closer to a Jaguar than anything else which is the one weapon NC seems to envy most from TR for whatever odd reason.

TR still has nothing competitive with the Mercenary as a high-accuracy/medium damage all-rounder.
    • Up x 3
  7. OldMaster80

Lol still this faction trait thing. Faction traits do not exist they are just in players minds.
    • Up x 4
  8. Cyrek

Think I'll keep my AMC, it's been fitting me like a glove despite not having the 167 damage standard.
  9. Forkyar24

you talk about over powered? charts clearly say that tr damage is the least out of all empire weapons, you play nc huh ? your gauss does 200 damage and tr closest weapon is 180, I don't want to hear about tr weapons, anyone who thinks tr weapons are over powered, look up the weapons for each faction make a chart you'll see tr is last, your a idiot if you think tr weapons are over powered.
    • Up x 3
  10. joe smo

And give it HV ammo and an AFG (Advanced Forward Gip)...
    • Up x 3
  11. Maljas23

Agreed with this 100%.
    • Up x 3
  12. Bankrotas

Mostly it sacrifices about 2 things. It drops damage like CQC carbine and has TR muzzle velocity. It handles great as NC weapon and is very good. Sure, you don't really need it with Trac-5, Jag and Lynx on your side.

I don't know, how other NC reacting, but I'm more angry about TR complaining that Cougar is a bad carbine: kicks too much, cof too big, no extra 10 bullets, too big damage drop is mostly spoken. Guess what, that's what NC is dealing all along and you want TR recoil on NC gun, which is ridiculous. Cyclone sacrifices a lot to have 35 bullets, but TR whiners want 40 bullets with NC horizontal recoil, TR vertical recoil and CoF bloom. Tell me, how the **** isn't it a recipe for OP as **** weapon. Sure it's not ZOE level OP, but damn it is OP as hell too.

I'm (and maybe more than just me) not against you getting NC style weapon with NC positives and negatives, but at the moment Cougar is what NC lacked, not TR. We're jelly and angry, that you can't appreciate that :D Cougar is solid, if not top of the line, alpha NC style CQC to mid (place where carbines always should be used) carbine.
    • Up x 2
  13. Nerp

I'd like my T5 AMC to be left alone, thank you very much.
    • Up x 5
  14. JP_Russell

As an NC player, I think the Cougar is fine. Damage dropoff is way above average and completely negates any mid range damage advantages 167 carbines typically have, and the recoil seems inconsistent enough to reinforce its weakness there (directional recoil isn't strictly more consistent than non-directional, since they can just emulate the same effect using min/max recoil angles).

The main reason the Cougar exists as far as I can tell is to give the TR a carbine option with lower magazine capacity in exchange for faster reload speed, giving up only a little bit of damage per magazine and DPS in CQC to do so. Don't let the high damage and good fire rate fool you, It's strictly less threatening in a 1v1 than TR's other CQC carbines and quite subpar at range. All it really does is give them an option that's better when you're frequently taking cover and reloading without coming close to expending the whole magazine.

I do agree about the Bandit, though; it's a pretty underwhelming attempt at bridging the gap between the GD-7F and the Mercenary (I feel like the PDW is just a better compromise there overall). But whatever. If it underperforms, they'll buff it down the line, and I don't think said gap is a very substantial problem in the NC carbine arsenal, anyway.
  15. libbmaster

I find it amusing how the conversation shifts between TR who hate the cougar, and NC/VS who think it will be OP.

The TR did not need another CQC carbine.

I would like to see it changed into a medium range carbine, (something the TR do not have) and see the NC get a crack at the "167 damage CQC gun".
    • Up x 8
  16. OddChelsea

I agree that it should be changed into a mid to long range carbine. However we DID get a 167 damage CQC carbine. It just has a bit lower RoF than the cougar but it is certainly a CQC version of the Merc. Personally I am fine with what we are getting, it's balanced and we need more 0.75x guns. The cougar is probably balanced too but it's not what is needed.
    • Up x 2
  17. minhalexus

Is it necessary that at TR players open a thread about how trash this gun is.
    Then an NC player opens a thread about how garbage this gun is while being sarcastic?

I can say that the Cougar would at least be better than the bandit.
    They both are designed to be CQC, and the cougar will get the higher RoF advantage.

But who cares........... oh wait all the whiners, who pick on insignificant differences, by comparing things in a world where nothing moves and every 1 has equal accuracy and skill.
  18. Paperlamp

Huehuehue

Haven't been on the PTS lately have you?

If it makes you feel better the new version is way better.
  19. Nerp

I have, but the T5 AMC is something special. Thank god they did not touch it.
    • Up x 1
  20. Maljas23

I'm find with the Cougar, personally. Ill be buying it on release along with the revamped Lynx. TR's long range carbine will remain the T5 AMC, and that's fine with me. Despite it's bullet dmg and carbine drop off, the accuracy it has more than makes up for it.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.