Halberd, You Shall be Missed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brahma2, Dec 16, 2013.

1. deggy

You're funny.

Now let's put tank armor where it should be and make them immune to rockets, shall we?
  2. Yuukikun

Lemme know when the average K/D or SPM etc are the same as infantry classes, then we'll talk about cooldown
  3. Giggily

Yes, not being able to one shot infantry with a weapon not designed for killing infantry is the exact same as infantry being immortal to tanks. I'm glad we're staying logical here.
  4. Yuukikun

If you want this then you'll have to remove them from all bases, or make them almost impossible to afford (1 tank / full squad and 1 time / day or week). This is a game not real life. If you want combined arms you need to have every type of players able to counter the other without being forced out of their type (vehicle, aircraft, infantry)

And if you're trying to bring real life into this, i've never seen a tank driver destroy his tank in 5 minutes and ever getting permission to drive another one for the rest of his life.
  5. deggy

Aww, you care about KD. How cute :)
  6. DeadliestMoon

Well they have separate variants now, but as for your "rewards good aim" comment, that's not entirely true because the velocity on that thing makes it incredibly forgiving. I should know, I'm a terrible shot.
  7. Giggily

Then you shouldn't care too much about not being able to kill infantry but uh **** wait a second..
  8. deggy

I care about not being able to kill infantry because infantry can kill me.

There's kind of a "duh" moment in there for you, I'm not sure if you see it though.

Self-defense against C4 fairies and rocketmen =/= farming infantry.
  9. Giggily

You can actually kill infantry in two shots a lot of the time, amazingly.
  10. deggy

So let's look at this:

Heavy pops up.

I see him.

I shoot him with my Halberd.

He laughs it off and hits me with a rocket.

He ducks back down and gets healed.

You often don't GET two shots. Reloads on tank guns are pretty long, and any intelligent infantry are going to **** after the first shot.
  11. Yuukikun

Too bad you can't understand what i'm trying to say in a single sentence. I'll try saying it differently. This is PVP and not PVE. Things have to be fair for all players, so if you want the game to be balanced without cooldown or with cooldown as low as what tanks have now, a tank vs an infantry should be 50/50 chances for both, which is why the K/D for tanks would be the same as the K/D for infantry. It has nothing to do about K/D itself, i just used it as a comparison tool. It can be Score/minute or anything.

Right now a single infantry cannot kill a single vehicle unless the vehicle driver is a complete idiot, so why are you even complaining. You say a group of infantry can kill you, then you better watch your strategies. A group of tanks can also kill a single infantry O:
  12. Giggily

So basically you're upset that if infantry players are running anti-explosive armor, and are inside a location where they can easily hide from you like inside a building, you can't kill them in a single shot lol
  13. deggy

This is a logistics game, not Battlefield. Bringing a vehicle to the field costs time and resources.

Therefore, their KD and SPM should NOT be the same. The vehicle's should be higher, because it costs something. Infantry classes are the lowest common denominator.
  14. deggy

Congratulations, you have utterly failed to understand the point, or the infantry-vs-vehicle game as a whole.
  15. Yuukikun

Let's make it more realistic. You're saying the HA gets healed? Then you include a medic right? So let's start again. 2v2 this time.

Heavy pops up, pulls his RL, gets killed by your ally infantry teammate. You didn't get a single damage.

Also, you driving MBTs, you should know that an engi with max repair tool repairs faster than a HA can do damage.

If you mean he gets healed by a medkit? He has 4 maximum.

He pops up, shoots you once, you made him use a medkit, you repair your tank back to full,
    he finishes reloading his rocket launcher (at that point he doesn't even have enough rockets left to kill you without armor upgrades)
    you win.

Or again are you angry because he could run away after getting shot once? Then maybe you should play Final Fantasy, where the game is turned based and the ennemy cannot run away when you're using an obviously unfair advantage on them.
  16. Yuukikun

And that's why a single infantry cannot kill a single tank O:
    And this is not a logistics game, it's a combined arms. Go play world of tanks if you want logistics only.
    I don't remember the last time a tank captured a base in PS2.
  17. deggy

Yes, it's 2v2.

2 people in my tank, and a Heavy and a Medic on the enemy side.

There's no ally infantry in this situation, that would make it 3v2.
  18. Giggily

im sorry that you can't kill infantry inside of buildings in single hits dude , i know it must be rough
  19. WaaWaa

LOL after how long the ZOE was OP, I doubt the sincerity of that statement from any VS :p
  20. Gundem

Realisticly, HEAT, and espically HE, should hardly scratch MBT armor. Only AP rounds hurt real tanks.