Halberd, You Shall be Missed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brahma2, Dec 16, 2013.

1. WaiZen

Great... Now the Vanguard will be even more crap for AI. Halberd was, imo, the only viable option since it could OHK infantry. I'm just glad I didn't start cert'ing the reload.
  2. Giggily

Yea, all those TR I was sniping the other day with the Halberd who were standing on top of a tower about 150 meters away from our Harasser who had no way of knowing where we were or reacting to the projectile, well, they just really needed to learn to play. Thanks for clearing this for me Deggy.

Yea, I'm a big proponent of Heavy Assaults being able to instantly kill every tank in the game at once, and I've never once said anything about them needing to choose between rocket launchers and LMGs, once, ever, in the history of the universe. Your weird logical fallacies and obsession with strawmen arguments are going a pretty long way atm., and I hope you keep it up and consider going into competitive debate formats.
  3. starecrow

Combined Arms means everybody running only one loadout that is the best anti-everything.
  4. Cinnamon

It's very confusing.

The numbers themselves don't mean much without detailed resist table data which they rarely make clear. Lack of information about resist % against different targets leads to a lot of the bogus information and balance complaining that you get on these forums.

Why I'm not sure about any of this until it has been tested in game properly in a serious way or it's made super clear by devs.
  5. RogueVindicare

SoE just needs to implement changing weapons on vehicles at Ammo Towers already. Like this:

Step 1) Drive to an ammo tower
    Step 2) Hold down R (or designated reload key) for more than 1.5 seconds
    Step 3) Access vehicle weapons load out. Choose appropriate weapons
    Step 4) Wait 8 seconds for re-fitting and re-arm
    Step 5) Return to battle

Seriously, it's not hard, SoE.
    • Up x 4
  6. RHINO_Mk.II

Just use the new Basilisk.

Jack of all trades, master of most.
  7. starecrow

BUT IT'S NOT QUITE AS GOOD AV AS THE HALBERD !!!!!!
    NO DOWNSIDES !!!!!
  8. starecrow

From what they've said on this topic, it's apparently near impossible.
  9. MallowChunkage

LOL
    No, It wont be missed, it was overpowered as hell on harassers, I'm glad I can now pull a lightning and actually have a chance in a fight against those self repairing, tank sniping tools in dune buggies.
  10. RogueVindicare

They way vehicles are created and deployed in this game NEEDS to change, then. Rework the whole vehicle spawning system, I don't care.

Changing vehicle weapon loadouts NEEDS TO BE POSSIBLE. It's overdue and a stupid oversight that the system was designed to not allow it in the first place.

And before anyone spouts crap about "meaningful choices" as a gameplay aspect; infantry can change loadouts at any terminal or AMS. Instantly. The tradeoff is they have to run to a terminal to do this, which is not always convenient. I, personally, am against the massive removal of extra infantry terminals that happened on Indar, and will be pissed if they did the same to Esamir.

The trade off for tanks would be the same; they have to leave the fight in order to re-arm. Increased vehicle speed means they get to the re-arm point faster, but this would be offset by the 8-10 second recycle that changing vehicle weapons would incur. DURING WHICH YOU CAN'T FIRE ANY WEAPONS. Exploitable advantage period, HOOO!

Everybody wins. Except whoever invented the original vehicle spawning system. But he's/she's an idiot (sry but it's true).
  11. Winfield

If SOE hopes this will create more diversity they are just dead wrong.

Everyone will just spam basilisks now, I know I will.

C85 is still a joke, Kobalt and Basilisk are still better choices for AI.
  12. EliteEskimo

http://3.bp.************/-yleEs15g51w/TlrawTwZSrI/AAAAAAAABQY/gnyx4k2pzcQ/s400/tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

So let me get this straight, you are going to try to argue that Tanks should have to specialize their weapon loadouts for different threats while conveniently leaving out the fact that infantry do not. Then when I point out the fact that the Heavy Assault does not have to specialize to be an AI/AV/AA threat all in one loadout, which means there is a double standard between what is expected of vehicles and infantry, you accuse me that I'm using a logical fallacy and a straw man argument even though the point I brought up is relevant to the conversation and an accurate statement? Just checking...
    • Up x 1
  13. Giggily

Hmmm I don't think I've ever said that heavy assaults were balanced, actually I've said the opposite and I've told you this before as well so I'm not really sure what your problem is. One size fits all loadouts in this game are dumb on vehicles or infantry, I'm truly sorry for your loss and inability to recognize sarcasm.
  14. EliteEskimo

Actually I recognized the sarcasm regarding Heavy Assaults and acknowledge that you never claimed that they were balanced, however I also recognized the sarcasm you had towards vehicle user's displeasure over the change to the Halberd. You wording made it appear MBT Halberd user's frustration wasn't reasonable. Considering the fact that vehicles are way worse off in this game compared to infantry I would think you could come to the conclusion that being frustrated over vehicles being forced to specialize before infantry were to be understandable. Instead you choose to make fun of the situation with sarcasm. Tanks are apparently starting down the path of specialization while simultaneously being nerfed, and at the same time infantry are able to be all in one while simultaneously being buffed. Perhaps in the future instead of poking fun at those unhappy with a clearly imbalanced situation you should support changes that would make the situation fair?
  15. Giggily

w
    h
    a
    t
  16. deggy

Lemme know when your favorite infantry class is on a timer and/or you can't afford it because you just used it.
  17. DeadliestMoon

You mean the MAX class. -_-
  18. Yuukikun

Flak armor for infantry is finally where it should have been from the start. Just consider yourself lucky that you had easy certs for almost several months
  19. deggy

I don't count that as a class :p
  20. Giggily

When I run out of infantry resources for syringes and C4 I usually just go play medic or fly around in a scythe, not sure what the issue is here.