Fix the Railjack now!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Vanon, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Chazt

This is pretty much what everyone thought we were getting (minus the hitscan part) at first and what I would prefer honestly. I want it to be a dedicated sniping tool, something that is meant for the sole purpose of using its high velocity and getting headshots and it balanced by the fact that if you miss, you just wasted a TON of time on having to reload the shot for another chance.

Right now the Railjackk has a long rechamber time, long reload time, and the delay which makes it just a pain in the *** to use.
  2. TheShrapnelKing

It's not OP if you have to wait 10 seconds before you can fire it again.
  3. iller

I don't really like the sound of any of that. But I have to agree a lot with the Statement that it shouldn't be a reskinned longshot.
  4. Glitchfull

So, let me get this straight. NC are complaining that they didn't get a faction specific bolt action rifle that was superior to every other bolt action in the game? When TR got a sub par scout rifle and the VS got one of the worse infiltrator weapon in the game. If you don't like it, you can have the VS rifle instead, we will trade.
  5. bonkfire

IM NC,

Ok. The delay negates increased velocity horizontally not vertically. So yes you still have to lead moving targets. But the gun has less drop, gets there faster, and yes does a little more damage meaning the railjak has a longer effective range then longshot but you still have to lead a moving target. Only thing it needs is bigger scopes, 14x.
  6. iller

You didn't get it straight at all.... you failed miserably infact. Your reading comprehension needs serious work.

The Phaseshift indeed appears quite poor at actually hitting things, It's really low on the list for average Accuracy and worse KPH than the Trap. ...yet somehow has a higher KPH than the railjack??? ...perhaps instead of picking a fight with NC snipers, you should be asking to trade with the TR instead?
  7. Glitchfull

You really are going to take average scores into account? When the average player kdr is around 1.2 and majority of players that try long range sharpshooting take shots at sprinting maxes, targets 40m higher than them (not knowing that they must raise their point higher), and people who run into bio domes with 12x scopes thinking they can take people out 20m away looking right at them?

Just suck it up. Oh man, you didn't get the faction specific bolt action that would've been far superior to every other one in the game. You have to lead a target .025 of a cm more, oh cry me a river. If you are having trouble landing shots with a 850 m/s muzzle velocity shot, then long range sharpshooting is not your thing.
  8. iller

Gotta admit... those are some detailed nuances I certainly wasn't expecting as a reprisal. Too bad you didn't stay in that same vein when it came to actually applying that logic the 850m-s argument. You ARE aware then how much of a difference 23.5% more meters velocity really means in the grand scheme of things. Personally... I've been arguing that ALL OF US got a raw deal here, yes even the TRAP buyers who are still completely upstaged by the Vandal (which is nothing new when it comes to NS variants I suppose)
  9. Glitchfull

I'm saying that NC need to suck it up. There is no hidden philosophical message, just me telling NC infiltrators that it's pathetic to complain they didn't get a be all end all bolt action just for them. The missing 850 m/s shots part is about it being face palm material, because the others are 700 m/s shots and if they can't hit 850s, then they weren't hitting 700 m/s for sure.

The delay on the shot doesn't effect vertical performance, it only effects how much you have to lead a moving target. At the ranges where you would be needing this amount of shot velocity you wouldn't be aiming for moving targets anyways. Same thing goes for the chamber time, you aren't going for two piece kills at these ranges either.

When we get the straight pull bolts, the railjack is going to be a beast of a long range rifle anyways. So why complain?
  10. Vaphell

stop strawmanning. We got a 1000c turd sandwich worse than the longshot at everything but that 1 stat in excel spreadsheet.

Not so sure if real life LMB2hit time is significantly lower on the 700m/s one. At 50m it's will be a difference between 'shoot the nose' and 'shoot the air 1m in front of the guy'.

So how does that not apply to the superior Longshot? In case of stationary targets 0.1-0.2s shorter LMB2hit time is the only thing that matters. LS and RJ reach parity at ~560m

Because it won't be? Straight pulls will only get noobs killed. Unscoping frequently is healthy.
  11. iller

Vap makes a good point, glitch.... all you're doing when you keep repeating that, is pulling out Red Herrings and stirring up attention instead of just letting the topic run its course naturally. Maybe you should get over it yourself and stop whining that players are using the Feedback forums to post the opinions about how they expected better. Complaining about complainers is just a feedback loop leading to distorion, so I don't know why you can't just focus on the numerical/logical aspects more instead. Seems like a much better use of everyone's time.
  12. lilleAllan

So to summarize, in case any new players are reading:

Don't get the Railjack. Get the Longshot or LA80.
  13. iller

Some more random Universal stats (b/c I can't just edit older posts) ... regarding ESSR usage/success rates:

Railjack users with 100 kills: 500+
    Railjack users with more than 500 kills: only 140
    TRAP users with Auraxium: 30
    Railjack users with Auraxium: 35
    Vandal users with Auraxium: 70
    Bolt users with Auraxium: 630+
    EM4 users with Auraxium: 990+

do with it what you will
  14. Rift23

I want to see what ridiculous ninja-halo-Warhammer-Friday the 13th faceplate my victims are wearing right before I splatter their brains all over the cactus-palm trees they have in there.
  15. gd1w

I wish I had a bolt action rifle that got headshots at 200m. I never aim for moving targets anyways and part of aiming for moving targets is giving a lead time. Hell, I'm amazed I had to spend 100 certs to get the XM98 instead of the garbage rifle VS normally gets as opposed to the automatically viable bolt driver the NC gets by default. It's not enough you guys have long range artillery (camera guided rocket launcher) it seems.

124m = Effective range of XM98
    174m = Effective range of Paralax
    204m = Effective range of Railjack

Tested these in VR. (Set a personal waypoint on self when standing on a target)
  16. Riknam

I was using RAMS50 for long range sniping. Whenever i try to shoot a moving target, i always aim much further then i have to. Now i'm playing with Railjack and that little delay changed my failure into success. It seems much easier for me. Maybe i'm getting better but i don't think that gun deserves that much hatred.