Character transfer, start charging and allow it.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by D0n, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Rahabib

Word is getting to them. Tweet @j_smedley he'd like more feedback and he doesn't read the boards.
  2. SenorPancake

Well if they wanted to monetize it, I could see them also doing two things.

1) Making the free transfer with the cooldown a subscription-based benefit.
    2) Charging for a no-cooldown transfer separately (priced at around $10 to avoid players just grabbing a 1-month subscription for that benefit).
  3. foam

It's literally using an automated system that probably took a programmer less than a week to create. ALl it is doing is moving a set of files (your character, gear, money) from one servers database to another. All automated. To charge $25 for it is simply gouging from any angle you look at it.
  4. Rec0n412

I agree with you on this.

The two ways I can see to look at this is that you either charge a low fee, which encourages people to use the service but means you'll need more people using the service to make the loads and loads of profit that SOE's shareholders are probably looking for.

At the same time, charging more for the service I could see leading to a couple of things: less people using the service, and more dissatisfied customers who feel like they're playing a losing game. Which is to say that they either feel like they need to buy all their items again, or they feel like they need to pay a large fee to use their items. Which bleeds off customer good will quite quickly.

On the other hand, I would prefer that the station cash items be put into an account "armory". Where you could buy 3 assault rifles and put them in the inventories of any three characters(So, buy three of the nanite systems assault rifles, and you can put them in the inventories of any three characters. otherwise you can leave them in your account "armory" to give them to your characters later. You would also be able to remove items from a character and put them back into your account armory.)

What this would do is allow SOE to charge for transferring the "hard" characteristics, which is the full character including the name, cert points, and skills that the character has. I imagine this would also include any items bought with cert points so that people don't power level experience for one character by putting them in a squad or something, and then transfer items bought with cert points to other characters.

That would be my preference at any rate.
    • Up x 1
  5. irishroy

yes, that would be GREAT.
    and also: Make a SUGGESTIONS-Topic, dammit!

why not for free and a long cooldown

so let´s collect "/signs" !
    (sign=you agree with the title of the topic ;) )
  6. Muffen

I have bought some items with station cash on my character 1 and found out that most of my friends play on a different server. Is there a way to move my character or just transfer the station cash? I dont care what happens to my first character as long as it transfers the station cash.
  7. Aidoboy

Not yet, they're working on it.
  8. Tankcommander

I'm bumping this because NC on Genudine are awful. Everyone stays on indar, yet never gets more than 1/5 of it, and the rest rarely take more than a third of Esamir. We can get Amerish if there isn't much resistance but normally we are always gated. It is killing my love for the game.
  9. NarShredder

There is no reason that servers should be locked. It should work like this ... FOR FREE.

When I log on, I have two options:
    1) My character can join any server that one of my friends is on.
    2) I can allow myself to be auto-placed to a sever to maintain balance.

Playing with friends is one of the main reasons to play any multi-player game. If you can't play with you friends (because they're on another server) it won't be as much fun and you'll quit and play some other game. So much for the business model.
    • Up x 1
  10. Cyridius

What's the appropriate answer here...

11. Latex

We need mergers not transfers. They make paid transferss this game us officially dead.

US- West
    US-East
    Oceanic
    Europe

Make new servers when they are actually at capacity. Should've been done like this since day one.

Or characters are all on one character server.
    We log in to play and choose where we wanna play.
    Characrers are not bound to.any server and can play where ever we like fighting.g for that session.
  12. Leo Di Caprio

Lol, I believe this was posted when populations actually were healthy on all servers and people asked for transfers.

Yep, they should merge, that they should.