C4 needs a 2-3 second arm time or it will destroy this game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cortosis, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Azihe

If you don't add an arm time to C4, the terrorists win and the free world will be in jeopardy. The entire world will then explode and life will end. So SOE, please add an arm time. You're our only hope.
    • Up x 1
  2. WycliffSlim

What are you talking about? I roll around in my Magrider all the time and if I changed up my gameplay a little bit I could farm until the end of time. The only time I get killed in armor is when an ESF wrecks me from behind or when I get greedy and over-extend.

The heavy tank isn't hard to replace lol. I don't remember the last time I ever went to a terminal and didn't have the resources for a MBT or any sort of armor. Esamir is the only continent where it's harder purely because there's only on Tech-Plant. Other than that you either have a tech plant or are fighting so close to your own WG that you can just pull on there.

If you want to be technical, Galaxies are the hardest vehicles to get, but after that it would probably be MBT not that they're really that hard.

Again, you have no idea how I play, I understand exactly how tanks should work and they work pretty close to how they should right now. If you have enough armor(that's not stupid) then it will roll over unsupported infantry. If you have 2 or 3 tanks that are getting right up into a base then a squad of guys will take them out... that's how tanks work. Armor without infantry support can get eliminated pretty easily by infantry. The only problem that I have with armor right now is that everyone and their mother has a lockon for their HA which means that you have to stay somewhere close to cover.

So, if you honestly think that tanks cause too little damage and are too easy to destroy then I would say that you understand how they work much less than I do because I don't have any problem keeping my MBT alive 90% of the time.
  3. {joer

:rolleyes:

This and other ridiculous ideas, now available on the PS2 forums. Never will you find a greater den of scum, villainy, and incompetence.
    • Up x 2
  4. Fenrisk

Just add C4 guard to the game but make it cost 1000 certs to increase the amount of C4 the enemy needs by 50%.
  5. Tanelorn

My solution:
    1. C4 blows up like a bomb, harming soft targets normally
    2. The C4 brick has a shaped charge that can only harm armor when physically placed

There. LA bombers can still drop n blow, but if they want to hurt armor they need to place it like a limpet mine. Also, just for balance sake and a bit of realism, it shouldn't do more damage than a tank HEAT hit (directional damage should be considered).
  6. xGreedFuSioN

• Up x 1
  7. Mambakiller

PLEASE,LETS NERF THE GAME MORE ...MAYBE WE SHUD HIT EACH OTHERS WITH USED SOCKS......
    • Up x 1
  8. Holomang

Or you could, you know... Shoot him... Like some that wasnt bad would do...
  9. Stargazer86

Force tanks to require both a driver and main gunner to operate. Then we'll talk.
  10. InterSpectra

ASPLOSIONS. ALL FOR THE SAKE OF AND NOTHING BUT ASPLOSIONS.

11. Ixidron

Throwing C4 is not ridiculous, I can totally do it, and I can assure you I can throw it farther away than my character, also:

C4 is very stable and insensitive to most physical shocks. C4 cannot be detonated by a gunshot or by dropping it onto a hard surface. It does not explode when set on fire or exposed to microwave radiation.Detonation can only be initiated by a combination of extreme heat and a shockwave, such as when a detonator inserted into it is fired, and it does not despawn when you die (otherwise the army would be pissed off and demand a refund).
    • Up x 3
  12. Tommyp2006

if we want to apply realism, then we need to multiply bullet velocity by 7 at least, die in one shot, two at most, completely rework aircraft physics, remove all VS vehicles and weapons, remove the NC gauss weapons remove energy shields, grav lifts...

Trying to apply realism is a waste of time in Planetside 2. It's not a realistic game.
  13. WalrusJones

Currently, only about 1.5% of the playerbase even owns C4, much less uses it.
    • Up x 1
  14. Phazaar

I completely concur. Throwing a C4 and then it taking 2-3 seconds to detonate is ridiculous. C4 needs a -massive- buff, especially after the horrific 'despawns on death' nonsense.

I'm a huge vehicles-need-to-farm-infantry supporter, but C4 is massively gimped and underpowered at the moment. People need to accept that in a world where nanites rebuild your body in 15 seconds, suicide should be a choice, not something the game takes away by having huge latency and arbitrary delay sequences.
    • Up x 2
  15. Phazaar

I completely disagree.

Bullet velocity is really not that far off. 650m/s for a sniper rifle... A M82 puts out somewhere 800m/s-ish, if I remember... The only thing bullet velocity has wrong is a much larger curve than exists in reality, however Nanites.

Shields+Health are just right at the moment. Your shield absorbs 3-6 shots, and your armour withstands another 3-6. Seems like nanites could easily do this to me...

Aircraft physics is totally realistic. Maybe you haven't seen the nanites I've got in my plane?

VS weapons+vehicles... Completely realistic, see: nanites.

Gauss weapons... Nanites...

Energy shields exist IRL tbh, but on the scale seen in game? Nps... Nanites.

Grav lifts are pretty simple to make... What you need to do, is get yourself a monkey wrench, some sheet metal, a can of nanites, and meet me at the corner of 42nd and Main.

Seriously, why are people so ******** about realism in games? The game is set the future. It can take a break from reality any time it likes where it makes sense. But an explosive compound we currently have, having become LESS useful? That's silly; ruins immersion, and bears no resemblance to realism.
    • Up x 2
  16. Devrailis

C4 is fine.

It may be the bane of my existence, but it is fine.

Please don't nerf.
  17. Xind

I like this guy. He's crawling with Nanites.
    • Up x 1
  18. Zaik

already does between the slow *** throw and the long delay while your character thinks about the meaning of life before finally getting around to pushing the button.
    • Up x 1
  19. Oakwalker

Hey, adding a arm time for C4 is completly based out of reality. Hell I could walk around with C4 in real life and trigger it while its in my hand, or in middair, or after i strapped it to a >>redacted<< "Rock"
  20. Tasogie

well SOE have always been that way, they listen to the wrong player sall time an never ever learn from mistakes. SWG they listened tot he young one,s it literally destroyed the game. Tanks, an Air should never have been touched, nor should mines, an C4 for that matter. All they had to do was add AA an it was balanced.
    A tank is a weapon system universally feared by every soldier on any battlefield in the history of Warfare.
    Not to mention Airpower, a SINGLE aircraft, is arguably the most potent weapon system in any military's load-out. But they are balanced (funny thing to say about real world "balance issues), in that they can be killed by a "single" missile or even a 1 pound bird lol.....

SOE over reacted to the little forum warriors who were crying everyone they got shot because of their own stupidity... now you are left with a game that... well, to be honest is not fun.