Bastion Fleet Carrier and stuff

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Uberclocked, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Uberclocked

[IMG]
    HUEHUEHUE!!! Notice how it says Terran Republic Defense Systems Fleet Carrier "Bastion"!

[IMG]
    The shells it fires should scale with MBT's like this:
    [IMG]
    I don't understand why the Colossus tank wasn't implemented though.
    • Up x 1
  2. Codex561

May I remind you that this game was launched in 2009 and since that moment we got one new vehicle and have only 2 ES vehicles in total.
    Lost hope in that regard. With valkerie it will be 1 NS vehicle every 30 months.
    • Up x 6
  3. Llamar

Uhm, Development started in 2009, The beta didn't release until 2012
    • Up x 6
  4. Chazt

WTB naval combat.
    • Up x 5
  5. ShadowViper

The Bastion was simply concept art Smed took and tweeted about. The devs have no current plans to implement it any time soon.
    • Up x 8
  6. Strottinglemon

Yeah, I really wish everything was ES. Oh well.
  7. Codex561

Wasn't 2009 the alpha release?
  8. Llamar

No, that's when they began working on Planetside 2. Or at least when information was released that they were working on Planetside 2.
  9. Codex561

Oh ok. Fair enough, ill take your word for it.
  10. Archlyte

Not sure why ShadowViper got a bunch of likes for basically just being a killjoy. They should bring the Bastion at least. A moving aerial base would be amazing.
    • Up x 2
  11. xboxerdude

Prolly because he stuck to the point and only stated fact. I do agree they should bring in the bastion it would be awesome to play and I would enjoy something like that flying around
  12. Tommyp2006

Because he posted accurate information. The current continents aren't big enough for something like this. Not even close. They would have to be 10x their current size.

Also, the colossus is something they are still considering implementing, perhaps as an alternate alert type. Don't expect to see it until next year at least though.
    • Up x 1
  13. Mekeji

I would like for a massive air base type vehicle. However it should be only available to leaders and high ranking members of outfits with at least 100 members. Give it a massive health pool and put spawn rooms, vehicle spawns for ground and air, and drop pads that infantry and leap from safely. Basically a flying base for outfits to use. For it to let vehicles down it would have to land.

Also it would be limited to 1 a day per outfit and can't be repaired when damaged. Making it an extremely valuable asset and a rocket magnet.
  14. Silus

Make it so other outfits can stage raids to capture it and ya got a deal.
  15. Axehilt

While they're amazing concepts, it makes a lot more sense to focus on medium-sized vehicles like the existing vehicles rather than god-vehicles that are overpowered by nature of their aesthetic. (Small-sized vehicles work too, and there might be more design space to work in with them than with larger vehicles actually.)

Basically instead of god-vehicles we should get vehicles that are (a) balanced with existing vehicles and/or (b) have interesting interactions with existing vehicles (like ammo/repair sundies.)

Huge vehicles sort of just require their own game (where they can fight other huge vehicles, and everything is super awesome, but because everything is super awesome it's all just balanced.) Putting a huge overpowered airship or tank into the game would turn out like BFRs (Planetside 1) or MAXes (both games), in that it's just this shallow trump card that makes all the other choices less important. Good PVP is about skill being a large part of each exchange, and if there's only one viable vehicle outdoors that wouldn't be as much fun as a game where all vehicles are viable. (Granted, a few underperformers like the Flash probably need to be buffed for this to be true of PS2's existing vehicles, but we're pretty close.)

Not to mention, they'd probably just get balanced like MAXes which means that you wouldn't get to use them often. Whereas with a different vehicle you could enjoy them all the time, probably resulting in more fun per dev hour spent implementing that vehicle. (There are a lot of extra problems with extra-large vehicles.)
  16. Mekeji

That is a good idea. Have a cap point in it. Put flak turrets on it so it can defend against galaxies. So basically you would have two of the behemoths pull up next to each other and start firing.

Then one hovers over the other with the infantry drop zones and rain infantry down as an outfit tries to defend against another. So you have an organized battle in the sky between outfits. Both trying to do as little damage as possible to the other because they can't repair it.
  17. Uberclocked

I think it should just be an invincible (no health) flying sky base where people can spawn vehicles, aircraft, or drop down in drop pods right into the middle of a battle. It should have minimal offensive capabilities, with most of its weapons focusing on clearing the surrounding airspace for allied aircraft, with maybe a few heavy ground bombardment weapons. It should be spawned at warpgate by an outfit leader with 1000+ members and limited to one a faction. This, if implemented correctly, should make a fun addition to the game.
  18. Mekeji

Yeah I think that is a better idea. However it shouldn't be given the ability to strike the ground if it is invincible.

Also the AA guns on it should be able to be blown up.
    • Up x 2
  19. Gearlock

I forgot about that stuff. Mostly because I feel like any dry rotted bone of new content they throw us is mana from heaven.

PS2 had a mountain of potential. I'm really disappointed that development of everything takes eons and when stuff does come out (like the continent locking) its ok at best.

Major game updates should have us frothing at the mouth and begging for it to get to testing so we can see it.

Instead it just feels like the same ol same ol :(

Still gonna log on and zerg the nearest base apparently. Until my sub runs out at least.

Maybe next year Planetside. Maybe next year. :(
  20. Uberclocked

Bases have phalanx turrets. I don't see the point of not having the equivalent on this.