How Beneficial is No Bullet Drop?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by thepackett, Dec 2, 2013.

1. teks

Better moving accuracy? No.
    Easier to control recoil? No.

I think I explained recoil flavors to you before. Each faction has its own recoil bias. I don't think VS needs another advantage either, but lets keep the facts straight.
  2. whitupiggu

I think I've pretty well proven you have no idea what you are talking about before. No other faction get a .25 ads moving cof on ARs and carbines and only VS gets 5 LMGs with a .35 ads moving cof.
    • Up x 2
  3. teks

In your little world you always win.

Point out one area where, lord forbid, another faction has an advantage.
    Ignore every other statistic that shows otherwise.
    Go out guns blazing that your one specific point is the gold standard across all weapons.

There is nothing to prove by holding a faction bias over everything you say.
    • Up x 1
  4. whitupiggu

And once again when proven wrong you try to deflect it.
  5. teks

Go ahead and post the moving cof averages between the factions. Its clear that no faction hold a superiority here
  6. whitupiggu

VS carbines: 0.2708333
    TR carbines: 0.28333
    NC carbines: 0.291667
  7. deggy

Oh, gosh.

One one-hundredth of a degree difference.

This is truly gamebreaking.
    • Up x 1
  8. teks

Lol, thanks!
  9. raw

No bulletdrop is irrelevant in 90% of all engagements. It only matters for snipers, and the difference between BD and no BD there is that you have to put your rifle one dot on the scope higher with BD.

Also, while we're on this topic, yes VS weapons are very very bad and with the current pool any competitive play as VS is a no-go. They suffice for the random daily PS2 stuff I guess.
    Claiming that reload times are a big factor is just laughable, considering the actual difference in reload-time between two similiar weapons from the VS and one of other factions is in the percentile of a second, barely edging into the human reaction time.

More generally, the usual arguments being discussed on these forums like the shape of ESFs and who's got the biggest drop is just so completely inane and far removed from a balance and competitive standpoint, that it boggles the mind. As if all that nonsense was of any consideration or would make a difference even.

From a playability standpoint, PS2 has far bigger issues than the turboautistic nonsense this forum likes to blather about.
  10. whitupiggu

Proven wrong and now falls in to denial. Well I guess my job is done.
  11. teks

Thats right, you clearly won again. Now if I can just stop laughing.
    • Up x 1
  12. deggy

I fight NC all the time and still manage to maintain a KDR below 1. I'm even VS, so my guns have OP no-drop.

Guess I just suck.
  13. whitupiggu

Yup.
  14. Kcalehc

While the difference between relative aiming angles in order to hit a target is not affected by no drop weaponry, the actual aim off distance is. At short ranges (under about 180m) you will almost always hit if you aim high on the chest with just about any weapon (though with drop some will lose damage due to leg hits), but beyond that NC and TR have to aim over the target to hit it, and in some cases considerably over the target to get a headshot. Even at relatively short ranges, in order to land a headshot I have to quickly guesstimate the range and drop and place my shot somewhere over the targets head - a VS player simply has to put the crosshairs on the head and fire.

Anyone with a reasonable understanding of physics could have reached the same conclusion, with the same start point and same end points, the angle between each arc/line will always be the same on each graph. What you might want to add is how much above the target does the weapon with drop have to aim to hit...

Don't mistake this for a complaint about the game or the trait, the VS do appear to have increased damage fall off to compensate. But your conclusion lacks any real meaning in game terms; players don't stand perfectly still on a level plain and take shots at each other unless PS2 is taking place in the 19 century... ;) But then we'd have bayonets and drummers.
  15. treeHamster

If you think that's game breaking then the Prowler must be the god tank and the Mossie's extra speed must make it super OP. NERF BAT PLEASE!!!
  16. whitupiggu

Nice strawman.
  17. treeHamster

If you're running around with an LMG, AR, or Carbine and your primary distance for fighting is 180m, then you are playing the wrong class in the first place. The weapons might WORK that far out but that isn't what they are meant for.

The LMG's are suppose to be used primarily from 20m -> 100m (and that might be stretching it). You can use them inside that distance of course, but SMG's end up dominating from 0 -> 15m and Carbines are good from 10 -> 50m.
  18. treeHamster

Not a strawman, look at their stats.

The numbers you gave are different by less than 3%. That is a statistical error margin for most stuff.
  19. whitupiggu

I never said it was game breaking.

You cannot deny a cof of 0.2708333 with a cof bloom of .051667 is an advantage over a cof of 0.291667 with a cof bloom of .061667.
  20. Xhaleon

They don't. That trait hasn't been here for a very long time now. For a number of these weapons it is a pure advantage, especially when paired with suppressors. At least the velocity penalty of a suppressor is enough to rein that in to a marginal advantage.