Why is heroic gear now better than raid gear!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Skwor, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

I'll agree they tried something, it didn't come out perfectly. Truth be told ToV has been my most enjoyable expansion outside of Raiding since Sentinels Fate and The Shadow Odyssey. DoV through CoE was fun only because I was a Raider. I hope they keep the direction of mixing High-Heroic with Low-Raid, just maybe integrate the two a bit better.

This whole thread is slightly miss-titled though, it's comparing Raid to Raid (T1 Raid to Fabled-Raid). Yes, your right. I don't believe it right and the whole system is a little bit knocked a kilter. We have our opinions here Pownsta and frankly, I can accept yours. I do not think your entierly correct and it's "Thanks for taking your time and helping the little guys and the casuals and part timers" because they are trying to give you "little guys" something to strive for that is not Raid Content... but the moment the word Energized or Overcharged Potent steps into the game, it's no longer about Heroics, it's about T1 Raiding.

Mystical... it's not even relevant to this topic really. T2 Raid is T2 Raid and it's a whole category of it's own.
  2. Pownsta Member

Well we both then understand, SOE will do what they choose too do. Either way im happy with. I am just happy to see SOE doing something, adding new content and gear that is nice for all people. Not 1 guild, or guilds that can raid 5 days a week 4 hrs a day. I am enjoying the content atm.

They threw everyone a bone and did a great job. ( I think ) I am glad the game has such a dynamic approach to gear sets. Its nice to see that everyone has a option to something at least. I understand that Raiders want to have the option to have the best gear vs there time and troubles in new xpac's. But that kind of thinking hinders the Eq2 population as whole. We both agree there EQ2 Dev's has taken so many different steps to try to fix things and change things, " Only to make them worse in the long run " ( such as this ) from what i read from " raiders.
    I dont agree with stance of thinking, I agree with " this whole thread is slightly miss-titled though, it's comparing Raid to Raid (T1 Raid to Fabled-Raid) "

But bottom line, all this gear does is, gives the back to players. Thats all. None of this gear is Given away.People are still going to have to put time and effort into getting the gear, then recharging the gear, exc.. all a big time sink. Raiding is a time sink, Getting this gear is a time sink. Does matter what you do, Both sides are still " Sinking "
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

No one has any issue with this content, the primary problem is from energized not itemized to as many sets as potent causing heroic gear to be out of progression.

You may not realize it, but this causes significant issues around raiding guilds who are not looting Mystical gear yet. Most of us are simply saying gemmed energized raid gear should be better than 3 gem potent gear in that we as players who already have potent gear should always see some value in looting the raid gear in AS.

It is extremely disappointing to throw away loot in current tier raid zones cause you already have better from heroics, particularly loot off the boss of the zone.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

I don't get the problem.

So you can either just raid, get energized gear, gem it and then mystical, or you can upgrade your potent to slightly better stuff by, also raiding. But you have to invest time grouping too.

This game will always give benefits to those that do everything, and it's not like non raiders can get this 4/3 potent stuff anyway. So what's the big deal? When everyone is getting mystical gear no one will care.
    Kraeref likes this.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

I will bet you 10k plat that in 6 months half the raiders out there will not have looted any mystical gear. Its not a big deal to the top 50 or so guilds, its a bigger deal to the others.
  6. Pownsta Member

My point would be, so heroic gear 3/3 potent ( we know its a big time sink on farming all the gems for each piece is better than T1 AS raid armor. Sure you can get a full set of heroic gear potent gear in 1 week, but the Gems to upgrade that Potent gear would still require alot of time farming alot of zones and what does that lead too.... Huge time sink... Same as raiding that Piece of gear that would require a raid force.

I think time vs reward Potent would out way T1 Raid armor. From a few other posts back, I did read, AS armor was going to alts now?

Just got to stop QQing about loots, we all have a option to it. We all should be glad that SOE updating and making new content. Lets give SOE Dev's a big Thumbs Up!
  7. Pownsta Member

In the new future. March April this will be a mute point. New content is coming out that will better than HM gear out temple. Game update on eq2 wire, North wing of temple.

So for you raiders out there, there you go, There is Hm raid gear that you wanted. It will be the best in game, and viable for almost 2 years.

March/April
    In the coming months, we can expect a contested Highkeep group zone.
    The most challenging north wing of Temple of Veeshan will open. The itemization and difficulty is said to harken to Plane of War, which remained relevant for over 2 years after its launch.
  8. Ambi Member

Is that supposed to be a lot of plat? Doesn't really emphasize your point.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

You really don't get it do ya, half the raid forces wont be even in the 2nd wing of that zone by then, much less ready for the north wing.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

So what? Why are so worried about others? Like it somewhat diferent from what it always was.
    Now it's easy to get 1/1 energized (fractured gems) or 4/3 potent gear. Every raid force will gear up in EM and be ready for go for HM content. Some quicker than others.
    I cannot believe you can't see beyond your own frustration. More choices are better than not.
  11. Mae- Well-Known Member

You're under some delusion that it's faster to gear out in a full set of gemmed raid gear than it is to gear out in a full set of gemmed potent gear. Let me say, from experience, potent gear is much easier to get (aside from bp's and pants as you need to know what you're doing for that zone so some players will just not be invited) and get gemmed. How do I know this? My main has 4 pieces of gemmed Energized gear. My main and alts have a total of 14 Potent pieces (across 5 toons), with 9 of those pieces with 3/3 green gems and one with 1 green. I can have the last 5 pieces fully gemmed by this weekend if I want, easily, with Etyma to spare. And I mostly raid, craft, and sometimes group. I definitely spend a majority of my time crafting over grouping.
  12. Estred Well-Known Member

Well, a number of us "High End Raiders" are concerned with the structure of the game as a whole and want to see everyone, not just us have a clear goal to shoot for. I don't want to put words in Atan's or any other Raiders mouths as they may have different motives and views from my own.

It seems to me that a number of raiders are concerned that Accursed Sanctum is no longer worth the time invested in it since through Heroic Grinding you can get equivalent gear and Raiding for the alternative (Energized) is not particularly faster like it used to be in older days where T1 Raid Armor could be upgraded via Heroic Tokens into T2 Armor which left T3 and T4 for the "High Raiders"

The expansions I just listed were of course The Shadow Odyssey and Sentinel's Fate. Expansions I have heard uncounted times over the last 4 years had "some of the best heroic content I've seen" as many a now Ex-Player has said to me. Tears of Veeshan started this trend again with Gems and Etyma, however they seemed to have gotten it a bit backwards around the 3/3 to 1/1 realms of gear where the transition from Heroic to Raid is meant to occur.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

Oh I'm sure that's possible. My guild has barely raided since xpac release due to various reasons.

But, in order to progress, along with player skill (sometimes impossible to find!) you need improved gear. What's wrong with raiders having two different routes to go to get similar gear? It's not like it's massive differences.

EM raid forces can farm AS plus the fabled raid zones and pick up comparable gear to equip them for progressing through ToV.

And recruits can get geared up quickly from either unwanted energized if they don't have 3/3 potent gear or the extra gem for 4/3 potent gear if they've invested tens of hours farming heroic zones prior to raiding.

Win win to me.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

Except if they spent the same time grouping instead, they'd be fully gemed out in potent gear and actually be better geared in half the time it would take to gear thru AS.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Eh, I can see your point Regolas. I've said my peace here and it's not about the gear, it's about the lack of challenge in Fabled Labs. Though I suppose if your raid has low DPS (10-20 mil range instead of our raids 40+ million) Fabled Labs would take quite some time to munch through all that trash.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

I dunno, how many of these overcharged gems drop from the fabled raid zones? How many can you get per week for your raid force?

You need over 2000 etyma to gem out a full set of potent. Even if gold and running every zone once a day, you'll need 2-3 weeks and that's running 9 zones 7 days a week (about 800 etyma a week). Realistically thats 8+ hours a day, 7 days a week.

Then you've got raid time on top of that to get those overcharged gems. It won't happen quick.

For the sake of a few minor stat increases between energized and potent 4/3, over an entire raidforce that has members with their own agendas and time restraints, I think it's worth doing AS. I know Atan you're a min maxer to the extreme (I'm a lite version of you), so you'll want the best you can get even if it's 0.2% better, but you'll also probably be one of the first to get mystical if/when your raid force gets there.
  17. Atan Well-Known Member

You don't need overcharged to be better than energized.

Also, you discount how fast you get etyma having 6+ crafter alts, which many of us do.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

While you may not be an endangered species, I'm confident you are not "an average player" with 6+ max level crafters and umpteen alts.

And I thought this discussion was about energized gemmed out vs potent 4/3.

Because now you can buy your red gems for your energized too so that makes them better than 3/3 potent. And you can get them purely from raiding.

I can appreciate why people who do everything (craft, solo, group and raid) can get stuff that people who limit themselves to one or another can't. This xpac gives that. I know I limit myself by not crafting, and it's on my list of things to do, although it's been on there for several years and I've not made any progress.

Those that do it all, get more stuff quicker. I doubt everyone in your three raid forces do, but at least there's options for the pure raiders, the raider/tradeskiller, the raider/soloer, the raider/grouper and the ones that do it all.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Cost of Energized Gear: 400 Etyma or 300 if Crafted.
    Cost of Overcharged Potent: 375 + Mutagenic Gem or 270 + Mutagenic Gem if crafted.

The cost of Overcharged Potent is far cheaper than Energized is still. The cost and limited types of Energized do not warrent it being below Overcharged Potent in the progression list, perhaps close but really Energized should have more Mitigation and Stamina versus Overcharged maybe has higher DPS-Stats, mix-n-match eh?
    Regolas likes this.
  20. Balbasur Active Member

No, it's not out of progression. It's still raid droped items with a heroic pre req. Much like the mythical weapons in t7. Item progression is fine. Except that the stun and stifle adorns should work when mentored.