Wanted additions to default UI

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-Deson, Aug 31, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

I've removed most of the space from around the hotbar. There is still a few pixels around the edge to support the background and frame elements, but hopefully this will work much better than the existing window.
    [IMG]
    Even with the spinner off, there is a small space around the edge you can use to drag the window. Another option I thought about was to make the spinner toggle on if you hold a key like ALT or CONTROL. So you could hold this down, then drag from the spinner or switch banks without having to go into the Hotbar Settings to turn it on.
  2. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    If I take that hotbar and make it vertical is the spinner going to sit in a small space across the top or is it going to continue to sit on the left and waste a whole column of space between my bars?
    And I'd actually be very happy with the idea of using a key control to get to them.
  3. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Here's a good request for the QuestHelper window. Seriously, it doesn't seem that hard to implement multiple quest tracking, just add a track quest chexbox or button or radio for the availability to track each quest and populate the QuestHelper with the tracked quest's data like so:

[IMG]
    I have already tried doing some sort of OnTextChanged workaround event for this, but since the window utilizes TreeView and DataSources so I am unable to even attempt it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

tkia wrote:
    I only changed the border so the spinner will behave the same as it does now.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Dragowulf@Nagafen wrote:
    I was going to do this, but since you use such a large font I decided against it. :)
    Actually this is on my list of to-do things when I can make time and its very close to the top of the list. However, It'll probably look more like this. I would also make it so that clicking the quest pops the full description like what you see in the quest journal. I would also do a tooltip when you mouse-over the name to give a little more info in case the text is truncated due to size.
    [IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-TheOrder20 Guest

Will you be giving us the ability to select which quests are in the active window?
  7. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Jemia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It will probably be a whole new window, but the ActiveQuest window will probably be for your primary quest.

I will for now on talk in this baby font.
  8. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Here's another idea to kind of tone down the amount of OnScreen Messages we see in sequence (e.g. when we level we see about 4 popups of x spell, y spell, z spell, and new channels...one after the other, after the other). It's pretty much self explanitory.

[IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Dragowulf@Nagafen wrote:
    The problem with an image that takes up a large portion of the screen is that one will often hit a level while in the middle of doing other things. Having a large image obscuring the view will mean certain death in a lot of situations. THAT would be far more annoying than hearing a few bing-bongs and having your open hotbar spaces populated.
    Oh.. and using a massive bolded white bolded text doesn't make your post more important, it just makes it VERY annoying.
  10. ARCHIVED-Boyar Guest

Dragowulf@Nagafen wrote:
    Actually, if they popped up just a single (moveable, lockable) ? icon like they currently do, maybe a little bigger since there'd only be one, and have that open a window like Drago suggested with all the popup messages listed out, so you can peruse all of them, but at your leisure. I like having a small popup to save for later, but I dislike having 3 or 4 of them, with later ones sometimes in unanticipated locations.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    That was just an example, I just would rather see the information displayed at once rather than seeing it being displayed one after the other after the other after the other.
    Sorry, my monitor must be messed because the font size doesn't seem that big to me.

Thud@Befallen wrote:

I actually wouldn't mind if the OnScreen message had a "scrolling effect".
  12. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Auto Attack:

- Time until next auto attack in text DynamicData

Bags/Containers:

- Bag/Container item quantity

- Bags sorting by name, tier, leavel, quanity, etc.

- Autosort

Beneficial/Detrimental/Maintained Effects:

- Add more Maintained Effects Dynamic Data

- Add DynamicData for Beneficial/Detrimental Effects

Casting:

- Add text to show how much time into a spell you are and the overall spell time (e.g. 0.2s/5s)

- Target's casting

Combat Bubbles:

- Scrolling Combat Text

Cursor:

- Make cursor moddable/resizeable

Hotbar related:

- Recovery animation

- Current queued ability (text)

Map Related:

- POI Regions

- Circular map/map consolidation (e.g. merge compass and map)

- Distance from destination, speed, and time till arrival

Misc:

- Saving custom variables

- A window for strictly potions

- Extra math functions such as pi, atan2, etc, etc

- Allowing all to execute on one line

- Extracting parts of text

Raid:

- Subclass of raid members

Target/Implied:

- Distance from npc, object, pc
  13. ARCHIVED-gm9 Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    It's just a workaround to the IconBanks. Preferred solution from my end would have been to either be able to shift-click an icon bank to move it (same mechanic I had requested and you guys have implemented for the minimap) or to have a "move mode" in the right click menu which shades the respective window and let's you click-grab it until move mode is turned off again. Same goes for hotbars.
  14. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

gm9 wrote:
    Same here too, one thing I do find is that the current UI has too many fiddly bits in it. When I take time out from enjoying playing the game to rearrange my UI then I don't need to actually use any of my combat arts, talk etc so a move mode that disables everywhile and allows me to just click on the item and drag it around would be perfect.
    Other UI's that I can think of that have that sort of functionality are XPerl (WoW alternative one) where if you open the UI menu then all the bars become moveable, it does not communicate this in an obvious was to the user though.
    Or WAR, where you have a UI editting mode, I'm not found the need to actually use it since the defaults are handsome and pretty practical (you can pick 1,2,3 etc bars and default to side by side etc), but it does colour up all the bars with a sort of semi-opaque white that makes it very clear you are in a different mode. I do like that sort of feedback from an interface.
  15. ARCHIVED-IcedOger Guest

I would be very disapointed if the Autoattack timing would be taken away. Yes, it gives those that know it an advantage, but I consider that a part of EQ2 aswel. It still gives those with skill an advantage over those withouth.
    As for UI additions:
    • the merged friendlist: BIG YES!
    • the merged group/raid window: no
    Out of UI, but would like to see in-game: more actions in a macro. I have mutliple macro's for switching gear and food/drinks, and would like to inform healers wich gear im in (like suicide gear with Jewel and Choker), but I can't because I can only put in so many actions. After almost all gear slots and maybe 1 groupsay(depending on how many gear slots), there's no more room for food/drink
  16. ARCHIVED-Spritelady Guest

Some things mentioned here that I would TOTALLY hate:
    Merging the compass and clock into the mini map. The first thing I did when the new map system went in was close the minimap. If I need to see where I am on the map, I will open the main map. The min was just another window to clutter my screen. I like the compass as a stand a lone because often I know where I need to go, I just need to get my directional bearings.
    Merging the player window/raid window/group window. Absolutely not.
    Some things I would like to see in the default UI:
    Click to Cure/Spells & potions (would be nice if it would use the potion if the spell isn't available, and not use the potion if the spell casts.. I am sure that is not gonna happen tho)
    Innate immunity timers for spells like Jcap and Gravatis. Having to rely on a mod that crashes me as often as not or rely on ACT for those things when you don't need to have ACT running for any other reason gets old.
    More hotbars OR less to have to put on them. i.e. Let us macro 3 tinkered FD items and have it use the one available.. I tried this, but after the first one would get used, I got the message that the item had to be in inventory. We can macro a relic of stability and a symbol of stability, why not FD items? That would free up 2 hotkeys. I am sure there are a ton of other things that are along the same lines.
    Merged friends list
    Intuitive ignore command that would ignore ALL toons on the same account (not really ui related)
    An EQ2 Start menu that didn't take up so much room, do people REALLY need to have the menu options that large? Are we all myopic?
    A more friendly tracking window (heck, I prefered EQ1's)
    The ability to save keyboard layout/chat color options/hotkey arrangement (not just what spells are on them, but where they are placed) (also maybe not UI related)
  17. ARCHIVED-Calla Guest

Macro system:
    I know macros are limited to prevent unattended gameplay.
    I'd love a single macro conditional that chats based on the success or failure of a cast. Specifically so I can stop telling someone I've jcapped them when in fact it turns out they were out of range, or out of line of sight, or still had immunity from me or someone else.
    That would be great. Thanks.
  18. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Seomon wrote:
    That's a problem with player perception. There's a lot more to this game than maximizing DPS.

Powers &8^]
  19. ARCHIVED-Jaale Guest

I would like to be able to nominally set bags for types of items e.g. Bag 1 - armor/jewllery (set to legendary + maybe part of the set option?) Bag 2 - quest items Bag 3 - food/drink Bag 4 - sellables Bag 5 - crafting items etc.. These can have over flows so it goes into the next available bag slot if the prefered bag is full. This maybe to much to code for to have an auto sort bag system. (though there are bags that will only take crafting or arrows etc) A man can still dream though. ;) AA bar, as much as people may like it I don't know anyone that has used it and then said that they don't want to use it anymore. It's just to useful and it's like admiting that you don't want to play to the best of your ablity. (that's not a dig it's just how i feel about it.) Clearer icons for when roots are about to break, playing an Illy is some times all about watching for the root/mez to break, it would be great if a timer was put over the mobs head for just the Illy or the rooter/mezzer to see. (so as to not block up others screens?) In the current effects window it can get lost, esph if your covering multi targets.
  20. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Maybe its been said already, but bag filtering.
    I should be able to open all my bags, click a filter button on any of them and type 'min sal lo' and only see items in bags that match that filter, Mineral Salt Loam in this example.
    Just dock the filter icon to all bags, when clicked open the filter dialogue on that bag, but apply it to all open containers.