TOT2017 video tours R US

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by kianne, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Febrith Well-Known Member

Sadly, some people never fail to disappoint!<3
    Ratbill, Spextasy, Merriel and 4 others like this.
  2. kianne Well-Known Member

Brag all you like hun u deserve to brag and coz those that comment negatively shouldn't throw stones in glass houses , with your standard of work people will get jealous because well you know what i said.... haters gonna hate!! moaners gonna moan... since i blocked/ ignored ...peace/bliss its sooo Liberating not to see stupid waffle with stupid comments soooooo Block and Bragggg awayyyyyyyyyyy....
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

Getting a pretty house or decorating a home , we have every right to brag ..so please do so part of the fun of house swaps! I really do love everyone's and I love the ones done for me mine mine mine! And so far I have toured almost all of them...amazing work everyone!:)
    Ratbill, Spextasy, Merriel and 5 others like this.
  4. Gretel Well-Known Member

I completely agree that Wizzam blows my mind with her amazing work, and that she should be able to talk about it and be proud, like all of us. I also agree that calling people a bragger and being negative in game does not help our community, and shouldn't happen. That said, I think there have been some negative feelings around this - what should be nothing but wonderful - event wrap-up, and that makes me sad. I know this doesn't belong in the video thread, but this is where the conversation is happening, so my apologies.

The most beautiful and wonderful thing about these house swaps is that they are open to all regardless of skill level. It's wonderful that they are not contests. They have helped make our community feel welcoming and exciting, and I for one am indebted to all the amazing people who run them. I did one contest last year that was judged (not just random prizes), and I had a ton of fun, but it became clear that the competition raised issues and negative feelings, and I decided not to do them anymore. There's been a lot of talk in the last couple days I've seen about who did best in the ToT house exchange - whose house was best, whose server was best, who did the most - and it's bringing up those same unhappy feelings for some folks and I think having a negative effect on the community in game and here. I am only speaking for myself, from my point of view, but I'd like to ask everyone to stop and think for a moment about how those sorts of comments (even if meant in good spirit) are affecting others, and what these events are really all about. I would hate to see anyone not want to run or participate because of negativity in the community. Especially as many of us have begun embarking on the SSHHS exchange which is already running. Please, keep in mind, this is about making someone else a fun surprise, it is open to all, it is not a contest, and we (I hope) want this to be a welcoming, embracing, positive community. To do otherwise would not be in the spirit of Frostfell. ;)
    Ratbill, Spextasy, Merriel and 7 others like this.
  5. kianne Well-Known Member

The Awesome Oaky DId an AWESOME Home omg you have to go see this LOVE it!!

EQ2 house tour Name :Village of Haunt by Ocarinah TOT17
    Server : Antonia bayle
    Owner : Niborder
    Decorator : Ocarinah
    House : Everfrost Portal
    Videographer : Kianne (aka Kianne of troi)

Ratbill, Ethini, Spextasy and 7 others like this.
  6. kianne Well-Known Member

Lovely house by Devilkiss enjoyed this very very much :D

EQ2 house tour Name :669 Spooks Way (ToT17) by Devilkiss
    Server : Antonia bayle
    Owner : Wizette
    Decorator : Devilkiss
    House : Lavastorm winter retreat

Ratbill, Ethini, Spextasy and 7 others like this.
  7. Febrith Well-Known Member

Did anyone say Thurgadin is the best?? I like to think we're speshul! Heh, seriously though this has passed me by as I'm rarely in the Homeshow Channel but it makes me sad to hear this. Presumably it's not actually coming from the decorators but from those outside our community who just don't get why we decorate and think we're some sort of second-class citizens - I'm happy with being considered mildly eccentric, however:)
    kianne, Ratbill, Spextasy and 6 others like this.
  8. kianne Well-Known Member

OMG Sparticus was my favourite program it was awesome... and the lutus sparing room was Spot on.. my fav char was ganicus which is what kianne's merc is called lol... Awesome job and wonderful vid i will have to go see this laters :)
  9. kianne Well-Known Member

Last house for me today ..

EQ2 house tour
    Name :Senneta & Sharisnarr's home by Wizette
    Server : Antonia Bayle
    Owner : Sennetta
    Decorator : Wizette
    House : Kromzek Portal

Ratbill, Ethini, Spextasy and 6 others like this.
  10. Wizzam Well-Known Member

I stand by and love everything that you've written here. Every thing.
    Normally I try to brush things off, but this time it hurt. I didn't even get three decorated for me, and I was perfectly okay with that. But since the same person that called me a bragger (who makes comments like that after every swap for the past year at me), also called Shanette 'greedy' in this forum post, I had to speak up.
    The negativity lately is really upsetting a lot of people and unfortunately it can be contagious. We're such an incredibly strong and loving community, I'd hate to see others get hurt as well. Focusing on what you say before you say it can mean a lot.
    I've seen the competitive comments that you're talking about, with someone saying one server should get a trophy for having the best decorated houses for TOT17 and it kinda spiraled from there. I am so happy that we're all proud of our work and supporting their friends, but please remember there are others out there that put in the same amount of time and effort. Everyone's decorating style is different and I'd love to have everyone know that no matter their ability or style, they've really done their best and it's amazing.
    There was also a person that after seeing the house done for them, they said very little but went on to see another house only to complain they didn't get that one. They made their decorator feel very badly and even when it was pointed out, this person continued. This disappointed me as well as many others. Please try and remember, we're all trying and we're all here for fun. This isn't a job.
    Cheers to our videographers who are doing a fantastic job touring ours homes! I am super grateful for their time and patience. :)
  11. Ethini Well-Known Member

I have not yet finished watching all of these videos (my there are so many!) but I have to say, they are all simply brilliant.
    So far though, Febrith's Nightmare is my favorite, I love listening to her try to hold on to her composure ;)

Great work, everyone, you've all earned bragging rights, and remember, haters hate, usually because they are envious :D
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely! :D

Uwk
    Ratbill and Merriel like this.
  13. Febrith Well-Known Member

Wow - bad form, I'd be so upset if that got back to me. Well, first of all I'd be devastated, and then second of all I'd be like "well f*ck 'em, I never want to deal with that ingrate ever again" *grumble* lol. Seriously though I'd never be inclined to do anything for them ever again.

Everyone has different levels of ability and different styles, and that's the whole point of an event such as this - it's not a competition, it's purely for the fun of gifting your imagination to someone and making friends or consolidating an already existing friendship, having fun and loving the fact that we have this great game to share with each other.

Everything I've seen has been brilliant!
    Ratbill, Spextasy, Gretel and 4 others like this.
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I want to thank Febrith and Kianne for doing so many videos. I haven't looked to see how many are left. I am very sorry I disappeared and haven't done any so far. I was freaking out trying to get the house completed since I am very slow at decorating and my first event. SSHHS stuff took much longer than planned so I was down to the wire. I wanted to do video of the house decorated for me and after touring to find the video was corrupted, it was too much stress and I crashed. Was in bed most of Sunday and this morning. Still not feeling good at all. I really wanted Tenchigirl and Ratbill to hear just how much I loved every inch of the house and it made me so happy. I was laughing and saying I love it so much. I know how much I want to hear if the homeowner liked what I made for them so this is why I was so upset knowing Tenchigirl and Ratbill won't hear that. I will go make video again and try to remember what all I said before. After I remake video, I do plan on going to each house and making a video of my reaction so I haven't seen any of the videos except the video Kianne did of the house I decorated. OMG woman thank you for all your amazing comments! I am so sorry I forgot to add that I got the moon idea from you as well. I was running very low on energy and thought cuz of having to stay up all night 2 nights and really late another night
    in one week. I saw one thing I forgot to fix and saw typos in book and realized I didn't set one house actor to say something and forgot to put a few in near Lutestrings. Next time I must have a list of what still has to be done and hopefully have time for a walk through (I had 4 hours left but I was so tired to do this).

I have missed so much going on in Homeshow in chat and on forums. I quickly just post something I want to say and tried to keep my head down to finish the house. I am very sad to hear that people are being negative. No matter what skill level someone is I will love anything they do for me. They are spending so much time putting their heart and soul into a place trying to please, sometimes a stranger, the house owner. I am completely wiped from decorating so I can only imagine it being even harder on new decorators trying to participate with people that have been around awhile. I was sooo nervous so just imagine someone starting out trying to fit in with this community. It is one thing to appreciate someone else's house they received but to say you wish you had that decorator instead. Man! What the heck people?!?! If people do this to SSHHS decorators I will have a hard time allowing those people in the event next year. This community is so amazing so it is very sad to know things turned negative. And to make someone feel bad about getting more than one house or saying someone is bragging. Seriously! I know how excited I was to put in something that was new into the house and I bragged about it in book so the house owner wouldn't miss that thing. I know all of us are proud of what we did for someone else and yes we should toot our own horns. It is so hard not to cuz if we are proud of something cuz we think it will make the person happy and feel special... All the servers have amazing decorators. We are all special in our own unique ways. Let's encourage others to join in the fun cuz I know there are more out there wanting to but are too scared to join the events.

I have seen a bunch of chatter in homeshow channel about their SSHHS houses they were assigned and it is really upsetting me cuz they are giving away the secret. Saying which house you are decorating is a no no but it is happening. Asking if someone has something they can buy or have or whatever is okay but I saw like an hour of chatter that would give away the secret. It was even a couple people not just one person. The event is called Secret Santug House Swap for a reason. I was very careful who I talked to about details of the TOT house I was assigned so it wouldn't give it away. I may have commented that I was nervous or having to put head down to focus but never which house type I was decorating or what person wanted, etc. Not sure why anyone would want to ruin the surprise for any participant. There were concerns about allowing one person into SSHHS because of this person's lack of following the rules of events. Everyone please stay positive about these events and respect others. If not, I will have to make a who is naughty and who is nice list which will not be a fun task and have no issues sharing with others that run events.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, Wiz, Lera will be sooo disappointed in you... :D

Uwk
    Ratbill and Merriel like this.
  16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

What?!? Why would anyone be disappointed in Wiz? I am not watching the video cuz I want to do videos of people's houses.
  17. Febrith Well-Known Member

Oaky - there's still over half a dozen left on the sheet - put your name down, girl;)
  18. kianne Well-Known Member

dont be daft lol no need to add the moon idea from me lol i love that u put bats on it and whispy tile makes it megga awesome and im pinching that off u so nerr lol

and there are 7 homes left to video oaky for you that makes it all evened out ....the ones left in white please please do them :)when u have 5 mins spare and i flippin loved loved loved your home dont be scared to do another one ur awesome! those stars omg that was genius AWESOMMMMMMEEEEEEEE <3
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Okies I will do the rest of them. Pulling up the spreadsheet now!
    Ratbill and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've had many an "I don't get it" said about my stuff, but that's okay with me, I don't usually expect anyone to get it all the time! ;-> But I can see how someone would be hurt by that, especially given the amount of work we all put in to the stuff we do, be it two rooms or entire islands with whole neighborhoods. :(

I love everything everyone has ever done for me (especially my main Thurgadin bud, Quiarrah! :D), and I hope I express that adequately enough! :)

Uwk
    Ratbill and Febrith like this.