The Spirit of Arcanna’se Heritage Crate

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Mar 5, 2024.

1. DENSER Well-Known Member

Why? There are people ready to enter this lottery game and spend thousands of euros, why change? Why try to increase the winning ratio when the fish bite the bait?
    And yes it's a game, the player should not spend 1500 euros on it .
    Whose fault is it then.
    To developers? Using the good old lottery method, hoping that a pigeon empties his pockets?
    Or the pigeon, gullible, believing he has control over the game .

I'm sorry guys but those buyers have to stop being stupid and think a little before complaining. It's their credit card, their decisions.
    Lateana and Beee like this.
  2. VeloEQ2 Member

To those spending thousands and buying hundreds of crates, you are the problem. How can you seriously justify spending that on a two decade old game with a dwindling population? I understand "loyalty", but being robbed under the guise of loyalty isn't normal and Darkpaw has normalized it on this game. The population has come to expect/accept it and it's really sad because it's destroyed a once great game.
    Lateana, Jaeded, Cyna and 1 other person like this.
  3. VeloEQ2 Member

Why though... why did you give them that amount of money for LOOT crates. Players gotta be getting tired of taking it in the rear from these devs... the only other thing I could think of is that most players are so far gone they've learned to enjoy being treated terribly.
    Cyna likes this.
  4. Jaayell New Member

No one is being "robbed".....not one single player. A robbery occurs by force or under duress. There is no part of the game's progression that depends on a player buying one of these crates. There is no incentive to buy these other than the thrill of gambling, which some people enjoy and others view as foolish. I, personally, have never bought one of these crates but do elect to spend my dollars on other digital purchases the game offers. Who are any of you to decide how each of us should get to decide how and on what we spend? If you spend $1,000 on scratch off tickets (like an idiot) and then lose all your money, should the lottery be shut down and the rest of us not allowed to play? Offering LESS choice is never a good answer; rather, offering more/other choices is a much more fitting response to the woeful tears of buyer's remorse. But, make no mistake, bitter buyers of these crates, YOU decide what to spend your money on and YOU knew it was a money sink when YOU made that choice - quit crying about the outcome and make better choices with your income, and for gawd's sake, stop trying to bind the hands of sellers and buyers alike because you didn't like the outcome of your spending choices.
    As for how people "justify" their spending - how does anyone here justify talking like anyone else owes an explanation for their personal spending habits? I, for one, owe no explanations to anyone and I don't believe that any of you do either.
    Final food for thought - those people "spending thousands and buying hundreds of crates", those people being called "the problem", are doing more than anyone else to keep the game afloat because when any venture stops being profitable, a responsible company will shut it down. The day everyone agrees to pay a mandatory $39.99 monthly subscription to keep the lights on at the developer's/publisher's office, I'll gladly ask them flush all the wasteful in-game spending opportunities away. But who's gonna agree to that, right? Why help pay the bills when you can stand around expecting something for nothing?
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Harkoes New Member

I don't have a problem with crates with upgrades or money grabs, but they should be maxed out at some point. The fact you can buy hundreds of these and have nothing to show for it makes it a scam. You don't have to be robbed under force or duress; you can be robbed by deception. What are the probabilities for winning the Merc on these crates? Even the lottery provides your odds right on the ticket.... Like I said before, if you buy 10 and get the merc, congrats; but you shouldn't have to buy more than 100 before they guarantee the prize.
    Yenk likes this.
  6. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Gambling with loot crates is so insidious that some countries outlaw them.
    Lateana, Siren, Jaeded and 1 other person like this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

This should be arabella for 7000 Jadeite coins ....

The mechanism is implemented, they just have to use it :mad:
    Proto12 and Forestchild like this.
  8. Shaie Active Member

Woah! That is INSANE (but probably EXACTLY what DPG likes, an influx of money...) and I truly hope he had that disposable income & didn't go into debt trying for the Merc...
    Siren and Forestchild like this.
  9. Forestchild Well-Known Member

I totally agree, $1500 is way to much, and here in another 8-9 months that merc and merc buff that eveyrone is trying to get will be obsolete when the new xpac comes out?? (maybe/maybe not).
  10. Ziaudz New Member

How about also allowing the extra Barding Slot baubles to be exchanged for something useful...Jade Medallions or even for Spell Researcher, Mount Training, or Merc Training baubles as I got over a thousand of them and they just take up bank space. You can turn agents into Rejected Agent Resume which are pretty useless now as they don't even have anything of value for this xpac. Allow those to be turned into Jade Medallions so at least we can buy the previous familiar buff once it hits the merchant which is usually shortly after they release a new buff ie. the new merc...trying to get all 3 of the most current is completely insane amount of money you would have to spend as it seems it happen every 6 or less months...

Just saying we have a bunch of useless stuff that they could make more useful...
  11. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

If it follows the history , the next type of heritage crate will arrive in August. Before that there will be a new familiar crate in June/July and mercenary season crate soon.
    Yenk and Forestchild like this.
  12. DENSER Well-Known Member

Exactly, there is legal uncertainty in our country, for example, on this point , mainly slot machines, online games align with the same principle. But it's starting to be debated.
    The dice are loaded, whatever anyone says, it remains a kind of theft, % humanly managed with no certainty of gain (hoping for as few winners as possible, it's in their interest obviously). Playing on the player's addiction,playing dematerialized money, making the action of purchase, micro purchase, much easier to do
    Lateana, Proto12 and Siren like this.
  13. Evilary Well-Known Member

The crates seem to be a good money maker for them. Personally I wouldn't purchase anything for real money without knowing what I am getting. These crates are not something you can know what you are getting. You get the chance at something good, otherwise you end up with junk that doesn't even vendor for any value.

I see the comments about such and such spent $1500 on crates but wonder if this is actually true or just someone stating this trying to get a change done to the odds on the crates. If not true, I wonder if they could make more money on the crates if they had a collect 15 or however many pieces of the mercenary token to get the token with each crate having guaranteed 1 piece per.

Either way, for the love of god, please get rid of the temp adorns from all crates and overseer rewards. If you think people actually want these, put them on the status merchant, the jaditite merchant, or even the overseer merchant. I don't use the potions but I can handle these a lot better than seeing my reward be a stupid temp adorn for waiting over 24 hours for an overseer quest.
    Twyla and Forestchild like this.
  14. DENSER Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as luck or chance when it is controlled. It is precisely this point that is the subject of debate.
    the player believes it despite and counts on his lucky star, hoping for the jackpot in the end. Obviously, window dressing
    Siren and Forestchild like this.
  15. Proto12 Active Member

I think the crate system is abysmal, but it makes them so much money it's never going away. I still laugh a little that people don't realize why we got prior infusion buffs for free; the difference in damage that someone with full p2w infusions and someone without them was so insane, they literally could not design and balance content (specifically raids, but also just normal quests and heroic content) for both of those players simultaneously. IE, fights were either impossible for a raid of "normal" people to complete (dps checks impossible to hit, and/or the fights would take so long you'd have to go through scripts multiple times such that the rate of failure rose exponentially) OR so easy and fast for a raid of "p2w types/whales" that there was no challenge and no further reason to be invested (and therefore spend money) on progression in game. It was a predestined design issue they ran into and continue to run into every time they powercreep the game with a bigger infusion buff.

The part that irritates me is that the discrepancy in dps is still so apparent. Progression in the game literally revolves around dps in all forms of adv content (solo, heroic, and raid). The loot system being an effective form of a loot box ensures that remains the case. The faster you run something, the more times you can run it, and therefor the higher chance you have of seeing rare drop items that are arguably "necessary" for progression. Or to reword that a little, the rare-loot tables and the way loot works at all levels basically mandates that you have to be able to run through something multiple times consistently to have a semi-decent chance at even seeing the rare chase items (from whatever content it is that you're running - solo, heroics, or raids). All the top guilds on each server fly through heroics at a pace that is 4x what "normal" people with "normal" dps can do, and running through them at that pace is basically necessary in order to realistically have a chance at fully gearing yourself in 5 good darkfeather adorns, having a few chances at an elder metis, and (prior to the raid gear change) being able to have cboc pieces with usable resolve in raids. Heck, if you just look at how that worked with cboc gear, that's another instance where Daybreak had a "whoops, 'normal' people are going to have no way of getting expected levels of cboc for the upcoming T2+ raids" realization. Without that change, all of the "normal people" raiding guilds would be taking 2 full raid nights just to clear the 3 nameds in the second raid zone for the expansion.

Anyway, rant over. From an ethical standpoint, there should definitely be a guaranteed-rare-loot threshold for the HQ crates. Most all of the major gaming companies have done something like this, or at the very least, provide clear loot-statistics and/or other unique systems that give you some form of ROI for opening boxes. I hate that invariably anything EQ2 does in this way will be linked to progression (aka dps) in game, but it's an inevitable sadness at this point. Regardless it should definitely happen, in whatever form.
    SolarFaire, Lateana and DENSER like this.