Sleight of Hand <---> ( Yes Another Post )

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird, May 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch Guest

I got the master version the other day for ridiculously cheap, like a muter would have bought it if I didn't. I haven't had a chance to play much with the master yet, but I figure it will give me something to do. There's a bout 20 of them on the nektulos broker, only swashy spell available pretty much. Pretty sweet spell!!! People are chomping at the bit to get their hands on it. Wish I as an assassin... Maybe then Aeralik wouldn't be hesitant to make useful changes.
  2. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

I figured it out...
    Sleight of Hand is a FUN SPELL
    Put it on hotbar and mess around in raids...
    1) get in MT group.......2) in a trash fight don't do anything but detaunts (Save hideaway).......... 3) around 50-65% remove your transfer off MT........ 4) use sleight of hand on MT.......5) use Hideaway and watch the fun.
  3. ARCHIVED-121 dirtybird Guest

Been there done that.. Shard of Hate..( SoH ) why not use Sleight of Hand ( SoH )...
    Everyone gets agroed and about half the people wipe lol. Its great. GO SOE .. Give us a way to easily wipe a raid woot.
  4. ARCHIVED-OutcastBlade Guest

And then...

"You have been kicked from the raid."
    "You have been kicked from the guild."

WOOT!
  5. ARCHIVED-Andric_D Guest

can pull agro off any MT which is fun in instances with some MT who reakons he cant lose agro but pretty useless all in all.
  6. ARCHIVED-ArudB Guest

Actually I found it useful for tanking in Shard of Hate.
  7. ARCHIVED-livejazz Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    How many of those "largely situational or non-primary use spells" are 80th level & supposedly "class defining"?
  8. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

Aerelik,

Thanks for responding. It helps knowing our concerns are at least being seen.
    Swashbucklers have been complaining about this since RoK beta, it either did'nt work, or was of so little use that it was'nt used. And this is the way things remain today. As a class defining skill, it may not need to be on my primary hotbar, but it should definitely be on the one next to it. For me, it's not. It's not on any hotbar. It will not be put on any hotbar. SoH would have been better as an AA option, either as a stand alone ability, or an added effect to another CA, and not as the final ability every swashbuckler should want to strive for. I can't tell you what it should be replaced with, and I doubt after so long that it would be looked at anyway. But if you do want ideas, starting a thread in this forum, and asking for the input of swashy's would probably result in a lot of good ideas.
  9. ARCHIVED-miserythedrow Guest

My personal view on this is that if ONE persons lvl 80 spell can be used solo then EVERYONES should. We already have so many other abilities we all have for group, why should someone work their butts off through all 80 lvls and if you solo then all of a sudden SOME classes get this great reward (assassins?) and others (Swash) get the proverbial finger.

How is that fair? Been reading these things for awhile and for once I decided I just had to post. Seriously if half the people are unhappy, somethings wrong. Lets face it, not EVERYONE is going to be happy, but try for a better majority then HALF.

Aerelik, why is this such a big deal to change if the MAJORITY doesn't want it. Take a friggen vote or something. I don't care if its a massive offensive debuff or what, but what I would like to see is FAIRNESS across the classes to have lvl 80 abilities capable of being useful to solo questing too. I don't see why we have to wait for a "situational" use on our end ability.

Heck, I've only been playing this game 2 months and I'm already complaining. I'm that new player base you're supposed to want to keep as well as the older ones who keep complaining too. This is my first MMO playing. I even skipped over the world famous WoW. I heard this game was more small group and solo friendly, but I'm noticing a lot of flaws in those regards.
    By the way, the area of Kunark is dry and boring in our opinion (my wife's, my brother's, my brother's g/f, and mine). Just thought I'd through that in.
  10. ARCHIVED-jam3sD Guest

Its extremely useful to use while fighting Maestro of the Rancor in shard of hate if your other fighters that are not in mt group are not as stable like mine end up being. Its great to run back to the dps spot aswell if your tank gets deaggro'd and hes running to use chains.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch Guest

Wow, a spell that's useful for one fight. Sign me up for that. Fatal followup FTW.
  12. ARCHIVED-Keyh Guest

How about making it a buff (even a temp buff) that gives a varying % chance (depending on the level of the spell) for proccing a flurry. I don't think anyone would be angry about it being changed to that.
  13. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

Keyh wrote:
    They could change it to a Fancy Firework, and it'd get more use....(which I have on a hotbar, as opposed to SoH).
  14. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

I use mine probably once every 2-3 weeks, just to see if I can wipe the raid, woot m1! <They made me take it so it'd never f....ing drop ever again in SOH due to smart loot. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Leenee Guest

I use mine when we are for-sure wiping, so I can just go ahead and die already
  16. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

Leenee wrote:
    Tinker...... and spec for advanced warning if you haven't yet......
    Evade, racial taunt if applicable, hideaway, evasive maneuvers if you have it yet, throw up aoe avoid, tinker FD.
  17. ARCHIVED-miserythedrow Guest

After seeing the post SK lose their pet they've had since EQ1, an ability a FEW people liked, I don't see how us ditching SoH is ANY different for something new and better, so Aer's argument that its been around awhile means NOTHING. Please ditch the ability and find a nice new ability. Maybe an offensive debuff. OR, maybe an ability used every 5 minutes that makes the target ally immune to all damage for like 3-5 seconds. That might come in handy when your tank is close to dropping and the healers need a bit more time to boost em back up.
  18. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

We're not known for that though Misery....
    However.... If we had a like 5min recast or w/e that made the enemy target stifled/dazed for 5 seconds that epics were NOT immune from, that'd be alright, I guess /shrug.
  19. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Can't say I've every used Sleight of Hand.
    Now my other 80's, my Warlock uses her 80 lvl spell all the time in groups and raids. My Monk uses Peel from time to time but atleast it gets used.
  20. ARCHIVED-DngrMouse Guest

Katanallama@Mistmoore wrote:
    That'd be nice. I also like these ideas:

1. Enchancing mental, and life breach poison effects, and sharing the benefits of those poisons across a group for a minute or two.
    2. Call the rest of the group to the swash's location, (in the same zone).
    3. 10 to 20 seconds, (more or less), of group super invis, that nothing can 'see' through, with a long recast time. Something that does not last long enough to dash across the zone...but long enough to run past a hallway, reposition a group, etc.
    4. Call a Pirate Ally, (a sail mender), to the swash's location, and allow group/raid members to patch their broken armor..to say 30%. Longish recast time.
    5. Increase the chances of exquisite chest drops for mobs that already have a decent chance of dropping those chests, with a mediumish recast time. Short duration...has to be cast just prior to the mob dying.