Screwed Up Mage Gear Still Need Attention

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vicah, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

So for us Melee-Based classes say my Slashing is 679 in offense stance. That means that I am getting a 4% increase in base damage? ((679 - 475)/100)*2 = 4.04% Increase in Minimum Damage?

If so that begs the White Adorns... Weaponry(Superior) which can go on Wrist, Chest, Neck and Feet. Normally tanks adorn

Feet: Weaponry
    Chest: Blocking
    Neck: Avoidance
    Wrist: Hate

Granting;
    64 Weapons Stats
    60hp and 4% Block
    6% Ripost Chacne
    10% Hate.

My question is how does an extra 64 Weapon stats compare? Currently even with the base increase it seems the most ideal boost to tanking capacity is the 2nd option. I am just curious how they work out that's all. If you as a Dev cannot answer this because it is too close to blatantly explaining something about mechanics could someone perhaps PM me about this?

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU ARE GOING TO RESPOND! My question is related loosely to this topic because it is the Melee-Version of Disruption, however it is borderline off topic so please remain on topic if my question is answered!

On-Topic: Going from what I see on Mage-Gear, Disruption would have to be added to some pieces, a 2% increase in base only ensures less minimum hits... which I think is minimal compared to what you get from other adorns (such as I listed in the fighter question). I will be waiting to see how the changes work before really doing much on my Illy though beyond the normal. This thread really has helped me actually.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

If the extra skills are 'so good', how come mages AND scouts don't get skills instead of the blue stats? Skills are also less flexible then blue stats.. because they are not elligible for reforging.
  3. bsod Member

i just checked drinal's stewards and not a single item has disruption....some of the tank/scout gear has wep skills/def skills but NONE of the mage/priest gear has disruption....
    mage
    edit: my ethereal earring is also missing it so is all my raid gear....i have seen it on some rings like slippery said but nothing else....
  4. Kander Developer

Yes. We will be adding more disruption to mage items.

We can certainly add more focus to mage items as well.
  5. Daray Well-Known Member

How about itemizing in the Focus skill along with casting skills? You know, for our spell weapon auto ...
  6. Kander Developer

Yes. We will be adding more disruption to mage items.

We can certainly add more focus to mage items as well.
  7. Daray Well-Known Member

Thanks. Didn't mean to confuse by replying at the same time as you were editing your previous.

Would it be possible to actually itemize the focus skill in equal amounts to dis/sub on any item that provides those casting skills? In other words, actual meaningful values.
  8. Kander Developer

That is the intent.
    theriatis and Daray like this.
  9. slippery Well-Known Member

It would be far easier to just change the skill used for Spell Auto hit rates to Disruption then to go back and change everything to include Focus on it. Things like player buffs very very rarely give focus. Is it going to be added to all those? What about adorns? All the AA's that give Disruption?

Adding Focus to gear is a bandage, not a fix.
  10. Lantis New Member

That's not the point. Point is, why should mage gear get adorns that no mage would ever want to use? It's completely wasted.
  11. Dinwiz Active Member

would love to see focus/magic skills on green adorns also
    Kraeref likes this.
  12. Kraeref Well-Known Member

In general I agree.
  13. bsod Member

i agree! replacing the spell wep stats and spell reuse on some of the greens with magic skills and maybe even double cast on some of the raid mage adorns would be a welcome change.
  14. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I don't like to chose b/w weaponry skills and magic skills white adornments. As melee specced chanter i would like to keep weponry skills up and get magic skills as green stats or/and from green adornments. Now i have to sacrifice white slots for magic skills just to keep them slightely above 475... tough choice.
  15. Skwor Active Member

Thank you for keeping us informed on this and being so responsive to the community! These sound like excellent itemization changes and it is nice to see some of the top players of the class speak up and have their input add value.

Thank you Kandar for listening and thank Daray and others for providing the insights.
  16. Jofe Member

kander wrote
    This adds to the little information that is out there for magic skills, but as it is 475 is the base cap for skill. To hit a mob 100% of the time you need to have 100 skill more than the mob has defense?. Now the best that I can determine is that for a mob at level 103 you will need 515 + 100 = 615 disruption to hit it 100% of the time?

Unfortunatly, this isnt the case in most zones. A prime example is the original Sleepers Tomb GROUP zone where I had around 750 disruption and was at a hit rate for most of my spells of 85%. When i pushed my disruption up to 825 my hit rate for most spells went to 95-98% in the same zone. My pet, even with his extra spell resist reduction of 38% through AA's has a lower % hit rate than myself.

I now run with 843 disruption solo with 6% spell resist reduction, "white magic skill adorns on feet, hands,and wrists", and over 900 disruption when in raids with added spell resist reductions from troub. I check ACT often and I still notice that I will randomly get resisted, "mostly on AE's hitting adds that are not debuffed properly', and my pet will get resisted much more often. When im running over 900 disruption and i get resisted I want to throw something :p.

Being resisted is a DPS loss. Would love more current information on just how much disruption is needed to avoid resists, but my current feeling is that mobs have higher defenses in different zones and there is not a very good way to determine until you run the zone.

Also 20% min damage increase "1475 disruption" is an increase in dps since you move the min damage up, but to give up any stat to increase disruption at this point may equal a nerf to most mages. Example, to switch spell weapon stats for magic skill gives you less stats to reforge and a loss of a stat reforged to Recovery or Ability Mod is a direct loss of dps that will not be matched with more disruption.
  17. Buffrat Well-Known Member

It also doesn't help that the increase from Disruption is a joke for some classes, like Necromancer. Mainly because to start two of their main spells don't get any benefit from overcap disruption (Lifetap, Bloodcloud) and the other ones have smaller ranges than any other mage.
  18. bsod Member

why not just make a generic skill called magic skills that includes focus,disruption,Subjugation,Ministration,and Ordination.
    kinda like how crushing,Slashing,Ranged,and Piercing show up as weapon skills on scout gear might make things a little simpler in the long run.
    also any chance we could get an eta of when these changes are planned for?
  19. Daray Well-Known Member

Fairly sure that it is applied to the pre-mod spreads.
  20. slippery Well-Known Member

Those spells have no spread.

Which is also why the dps gain is incredibly deceptive. In Kanders example it isn't a 20% increase in damage, it's a 20% decrease in the damage spread of the spell, which is often far far less.