Scheduled Server Downtime April 28th, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I think a couple of posts were "moderated".
  2. Gabaron Member

Isnt it time for servers to start workring ?:(
  3. Lygerr Active Member

considering i can log into the forums now it means some progress has been made, but i still wouldn't hold your breath until the login screen turns green.
  4. MsQu New Member

The original post I read for the update (which I can't find atm) said "EXTENSIVE" and "AT LEAST" 12 hours. I wouldn't get too anxious. I always allow up to 50% more for any post that says "at least". LOL

That being said, this is massive project and a lot of people are working very long hours to make this happen. I imagine there are quite a few that don't get to go home until it's done! So, don't be too hard on them taking the time to make sure the roll-out is as painless for the users as possible. There are bound to be glitches, but I am pretty sure they are taking every effort to minimize them.
  5. High Elf Active Member

Things are looking up. I've been able to login to the game since early this morning. But, the server is still locked.

Now that the websites and forums are up that's a good sign. Massive software changes like this are not easy to get perfect on the first try.
  6. Griff Well-Known Member

Respectfully, you are looking at it the wrong way. Carnivals and some amusement parks are famous for having discounted POP sessions (Pay One Price); where the person gets "All Access" to all rides for a set price for a limited time. If you go there strictly to ride the "Tilt-A-Whirl" during regular hours it might cost you $3.00 each time you ride it. Go during the POP hours and you can ride all the rides for say 4 hours for $20. It's a promotional price to get you to spend more time (and money) during your visit. During regular hours (peak times) they don't offer a discount because they already have enough people interested in paying for rides on a per ride basis. In other words, there is a line at the "Tilt-A-Whirl" and you, like the others, don't mind the cost of the ride.

The concept of All Access was to get people to kick the tires, unrestricted as gold members, in other games, for the price that they are already paying for a gold membership. If you can find a second (or third) favorite in the stable then you will more likely spend more time in SoE games and of the possibility of more money on expansions, features or just SC for perks. As a long time subscriber, I don't care for F2P models that restrict my play. It stops me from trying other games because I don't want a small taste of the game, I want the feel as a gold member. Just the way I play I guess.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

they are up
  8. Lygerr Active Member

for the all access debate: i could care less, i just want to be able to play the game i paid for and more downtime for something i won't utilize is just a nuisance.
  9. Luperza Community Manager

Servers are unlocking!
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Woot!
  11. GIndotto Well-Known Member

To the staff involved in what was undoubtedly a 24 hour (and counting?) patching to the entire SOE system:

Thank you! :);)o_O:D
    Avahlynn likes this.
  12. High Elf Active Member

Went in game and went to the new HK zone. Almost finished the first quest. Now server went down.
  13. Avianna Well-Known Member

Yup it appears mine did, no notice just *poof* but as I was calling someone out I am not surprised. but at least it felt good to say it and got it off my chest.
  14. Gwenivre New Member

Hey there!

One little point from the update-news:
    The new filter- and other options for crafting are fine, nothing said. But the one little thing I miss since I play this game is this: the option for filtering the stats on the items you can craft.
    Let me explain... For me as tailor I have clothes with INT for mages, WIS for priests and AGI for scouts. As the channeler was new, I crafted the armor for the whole guild, and it was terrible. I searched for things for the channeler, but what I get were also the things with INT and AGI for other classes. Because in theory the channeler could wear it, shure. But it has no sense. In fact for this situation every filter has failed. PLEASE insert a filter for the stats...

My two cents, greetings~
    Gwen
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I did see yours...the one you replied to was already missing so I didn't get the full gist of it, no need to explain, though.
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'd love to be able to filter by rare, too.