Scheduled Server Downtime April 28th, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

All EverQuest 2 Servers will come down on April 28th, 2014 at 11:59 PM PDT (6:59 AM GMT April 29th, 2014) for a game update and All Access integration. Downtime is estimated to be quite extensive and will affect all SOE game sites, servers, and forums due to this integration, so please plan accordingly! :)

Follow us on social media for more updates throughout the day!

Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes (Live) forum once they are available.
  2. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Just a quick question, where did the tech support and account support board go?

Or is it just my browser that isn't showing that part of the message boards anymore?

cheers
    Ang
  3. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

I see UI window changes, specifically tradeskills. These were never on Test. Actually, it seems like most recent changes/updates are never put on Test before being pushed live. Some of these I understand - among other things, Test is a lousy place to check PVP because most of Test doesn't PVP. And some things are minor, or tweaks, or surprises. These changes to the tradeskill UI are not minor, are not just tweaks to current functions, and really don't need to be surprises. Can someone please remind the UI folks that:

1) Test exists to be able to check these kinds of things out before they hit the live servers; and
    2) Test also serves to allow UI modders to incorporate these kinds of changes and verify they work right before they go live and we are inundated with reports that our UI is broken.

Don't get me wrong, I highly appreciate the new filters going in! If we could get a filter for stat on the finished item I'd be in 7th heaven - could look at what weapons I can make for my mystic and not have to inspect each one to see what actually has wisdom on it. But UI modders now get to wait through the downtime to get the info of what's changed, then spend their time when the servers come back updating their UI instead of checking out what's new. UI mod users then have to wait for the modder to make, test, and release the changes. And if, for some reason, the changes in the default UI do not work on a live server the way they did when tested internally, EVERYONE suffers and you guys most of all.

Honestly, Test Server is there for more than holiday updates!
    Feldon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Endymion Developer

While not ideal, things got a bit wonky because of the All Access integration process.
  5. Luperza Community Manager

We're doing some edits to the forums and that must have gotten unflagged for vision! We'll make it visible again. :)
    Anghammarad likes this.
  6. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Thank you very much =)

Have a nice premonsterpatch evening =)

*scuffles off to bed*

*waves*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Vunder Well-Known Member

Oh joy, another contested zone. Don't get me wrong, i like them, just not in this game, were plat farmers keep the entire place on lockdown making contested pointless unless you have the plat to zone in. Being a temp zone, just adds to the wonderfulness to the entire joke.

Yall really really need to get rid of the ability to sell heirloom loot.
  8. Loch Well-Known Member

I think you may have misread the patch notes. The zone is temporarily restricted to all-access members until May 13. After that, the zone will be open to everyone. Not removed from the game.
  9. Avianna Well-Known Member

If you left then happy hunting to you, I hope you have found a game you enjoy. But please, if you truly have left then leave the forums as well, the whining you did here just makes me glad your gone.
  10. Mystiqueraven7 New Member

My point was that Everyone who wants to play those other games gets a discount now...I have no desire or time to play those other games so it is not a bonus to me. I will put it another way...charging me the same for multiple games when I only play one game (for which I payed a reduced rate) is like saying here is a bargain... Now I get free steaks every month...But I am Vegetarian....The point was...Single game players should have gotten a discount to stay single gamers.
  11. Mystiqueraven7 New Member

For the record...I love playing EQ2 and I am sure that the other SOE games are just as awesome. I just don't like paying for games I am not playing. I got a discount before for playing only one game...Now people who play multiple games get a discount...But I am still paying the same price...
  12. Sucha Active Member

You will never make everyone happy. My bet is that many more people are happy for the change than those that are unhappy.
    suka and Finora like this.
  13. Avianna Well-Known Member

There is a story in the bible (whether or not you're religious is irrelevant to the story so don't worry I'm not gonna cram a bible down your throat)

The story talks about a farmer who needed help on his farm so he goes down early in the morning to the place where people are looking for work and he hires several men to come to work for him for the day and he will pay them 5 gold (don't remember the exact amount) then at lunch time he again goes to the market and hires more guys to come and work for him for the remainder of the day and he will pay them 5 gold. He then goes again at dinner time and gets more men to work for the remainder of the day and again says he will pay them 5 gold.

Now the time came when the work was finished for the day and the men he hired that day stand in line for their pay. the men that were there all day notice the men that got there just a couple hours ago got paid the same as they did when they worked all day and they became upset and felt they were cheated.

The farmer replied to them did I not tell you what I was to pay you when I hired you? they said yes. Then the farmer said and did you not agree that was a fair price for the work you would perform? they said yes. So how have i cheated you when I paid you exactly what I told you I would for the exact amount of work you agreed to do?

Moral here.....
    You have been paying for eq2 for the same price for some time, SOE has provided you the same service for some time. You are both getting what you have agreed. Just because someone else comes along and gets a better deal for playing multiple games is between SOE and them. It does not and should not change what you and SOE already agreed.
    suka, Feldon, Kuulei and 1 other person like this.
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

As another disabled gamer, THANK YOU for responding to that.

Seriously, people are getting the same deal they have gotten all along, with the added bonus that if they ever DO have the time and urge to try something else, they can do so with full benefits at no additional cost. It's an OPTION, and whether or not to take advantage of it is the choice of each individual. In the meantime we are still getting what we pay for.

But claiming discrimination because it's a deal that doesn't appeal personally? If the local Mexican restaurant offers half-off margaritas at happy hour, they are NOT discriminating against their customers who don't or can't drink, nor those who don't get into the restaurant until after happy hour is over.
    suka, Avianna and Mermut like this.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

They lower the all-access price and upgrade current subs to all-access. Its a win for all subscribers and SOE. The more players with access to thier games, the more cash they make. It will include Landmark, which I enjoy immensely and plans are to include EQ Next.

To the one upset person, that their current sub will give them access to all the games, just don't play anything else and be happy that in today's economy, they are not raising the subscription fee!:p
    suka and Feldon like this.
  16. Mae- Well-Known Member

While you're in there, think you can find the missing Test forum? Just noticed it's gone and I wanted to go back to a thread I posted in yesterday to see if there were responses.

Nevermind, found it down in the lower section!
  17. suka Well-Known Member

sigh- when will people like you realize that you are not paying for games you don't play, you are paying the same price as always but more has been added for people who want to take advantage of it.

give them an inch and they will demand a mile.
    Dulcenia likes this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

this is awesome. it will make it much easier to find the recipes you are using for your writ, making writs faster. it also has a lot of other uses. and respec was always at a disadvantage for tradeskill quests.

but what we really need is a portal from Vesspry Isles to Isle of Mara for the weekly report mission that requires us to go there. true getting to Mara is easy, you just use the mission stone- return to mara. however, getting back to vesspry is problem for all but druids. we have to go to the guild hall and from there to vesspry via the spirit anchor - which in turns increases the likelihood that we will crash.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

i am missing some of the posts on here. I see referneces to them in several people's posts but not the original posts they are referring to. did some get deleted or is this a bug soe is working on?
  20. suka Well-Known Member

lol when i go to Sonic, a chain fast food place down here, and i order the burger and fries, it is cheaper to order the meal. a drink comes with the meal, but i don't like fountain drinks. since the burger and fries are cheaper in the meal than ala carte, it makes more sense to buy the meal, I give the drink away because i am not about to complain that i am getting something i don't need with my order. it is still the best deal.

for people to complain that they are getting something free with their order is crazy. maybe soe should offer the game ala carte- at a higher price since they will then be offering it in pieces - the way they did with AOD.