Nights of the Dead 2023 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

It's RNG. You can go for hours without it activating.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

it's not supposed to be predictable, or you won't be startled.
    Whilhelmina, Jaden, Twyla and 2 others like this.
  3. Xentrinos New Member

(Edit) Oops this is an old post nvm
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And yet, appropriately, it's a.....

ZOMBIE POST!!! :eek:

(or were you referring to something you'd posted, but couldn't then erase [rather than this creaky old thread ;->]? Been there, done that...)

Uwk
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Cross posting it here
    Kasa noticed the cage in the image is nowhere to be found from this years Nights of the dead and Angeliana responded
    • New holiday recipe book "Celebrations of the Dead XVI" available from Lil’ Boo, a Nights of the Dead Merchant.
    Name of the item is Cage of Rattling Chains

this item seems missing from the book, could it still be retro added please?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

As of this evening's update on Test, the Celebrations of the Dead XVI book includes the missing recipe. It should be included in the 10/24 update on live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Well, did the same with my whisky :rolleyes: Computer survived too (luckily as it's new!)

Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What with the nigh-insane proliferation of collection quests, can we PLEASE have a different color for all of the collection bits and all candy bits? Leave one category (Collection vs. Candy) the purple, but change the other to like a nasty, Nights-of-the-Dead green or such? I don't recall a lot of glowies with that shade... :)

Yes, people might avoid the green collectible bits, if they've finished all of them. But, they might also want to provide for their alts, or sell off the various bits for 50 million plat on the Broker, or whatever. And unless one is like "middle aged" as a toon (60-65+ adventuring level), iirc, about half to 2/3 of the candy list is out of range for completing the Candy Crusher achievement (and getting the title, the Bonecraft Chandelier [which is immensely cool], etc.) by hunting.

If you don't want to change the color of the glowies, could you please make the Candy Crusher achievement Heirloom or some such? Where if an alt gives you the candy, it would count? :-/

Uwk
    who has more than 7 characters, and is weary of spending hours, more than once, trying to find ONE LAST CANDY to earn the Achievement X-P
  9. Carynn Well-Known Member

The new drop quest - what is the RNG for it? Is it super low? I'm on my third hour of continuous digging and it has yet to drop. I check my bags after every dig, including doing a search for the item.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Carynn it drops in small chest that "a waking spirit" drops so kill those when they pop up and offer to brawl with you, and those that have a choice of dancing or brawling also force to brawl and kill them

Starter drops that way and all subsequent updates until last turn in which is in one of 3 zones.
    Carynn, Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh great. X-P

I ALWAYS ignore those Spirit things so I don't have to waste more time on fights that don't do anything (no XP, no credit for defeating a type of critter, no dropped Candy from their type, etc., etc., etc.) and can be easily worked around, rather than having to be a murder hobo on everything. X-P

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm trying to desperately do all the Hedge Maze stuff I couldn't the time when the cut-scenes were completely fubar and the bestowing of uber-wolf grace had changed for the worst, and for the most part, it's been wonderful this year (thanks, Kaitheel! :D), but now with like every other critter, starting at the first Animated Hedge treant/elemental/Swamp Thing dude, I haven't been able to loot either corpses or even open their dropped chests...literally, like every other critter, not each one (fortunately, but...).

No rhyme or reason that I can see, just that I'm "too busy to loot right now." I'm not in a fight with anything else, they didn't die instantly, I've waited until they fell down to the ground to loot vs. looting them as they're falling, I turned off my Mystic's pet in case her wolfie was interfering somehow, hit the Esc key, nothing.

And yep, I have Bugged it in a report and on that forum. :-/

I'll have to re-do it from scratch...after I'd just killed Ol' Man Dave. X-P

Uwk
    unhappy kitteh :(
  13. Evilary Well-Known Member

The spirit is about the only one of the graveyard mobs that actually drop candy for me.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really! Wow...yeah, I've never gotten anything off of any of the others. Marshmallows?

Uwk
  15. Evilary Well-Known Member

I think marshmallows but don't quote me on that. I'm currently leveling a crafter on Luclin or I would check.
  16. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yes, they drop marshmallows.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I dunno, there's just something about marshmallows...they twinge all my sentimental strings, much like the li'l kerra doll some child had dropped; I never vendor-trash those... :(

And I don't convert marshmallows, or even use them as crafting mats unless I'm completely out of everything else. :(

I did do that "fight the woken spirits" thing and got all the parts, finished the quest with the Seer (she's in one of the first buildings at the Thundering Steppes docks, luckily ;->), got the Talking Board, etc. :)

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Kaitheel, could you talk to your Powers That Be and get them to let us have a Nights of the Dead extension, pretty please? It's not like it's without precedent... :)

Uwk
  19. Kaitheel Developer

FYI...

Due to the chat server issues having impacted Nights of the Dead and the anticipated impact it would have on Heroes’ Festival, we’ve decided to adjust the dates of both events.

• Nights of the Dead is now scheduled to conclude on 11/6/23 at 11:59pm.
    • Heroes’ Festival is now scheduled to start on 11/7/23 at 10:00am and conclude on 11/17/23 at 11:59pm.
    ~ Kaitheel
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

Kaitheel for Canonization! :D

Uwk
    who's now going back to sleep... ;->
    Jinksie and Twyla like this.