New gaming laptop

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Leloes, May 7, 2020.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Already did that and have not received a reply. What would be a good power supply for this laptop?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

any compatible
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

Not really sure which is.....
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

Yes, you are afraid correctly, should try to find original if possible (this should be shown), if not, original from other models, but in this case need to look for confirmation of compatibility. just without voltage regulator there is risk of laptop failure
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

Guess my only choice is to wait for it to come in and then see what to do next.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

how will you turn it on? I also wrote that you can try to find separate voltage regulator, in addition to any compatible power supply. all this of course may not be easy. but in any case, you can order any compatible power supply. you need to somehow turn on laptop. and don't forget that battery must be removed from it to extend its work life (it must be half charged for long-term storage and preferably calibrated by you)
    let's hope that in end everything will be fine
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Since I am not very knowledgeable on computers my only choice is just wait and see what comes in.
  8. Balcerak Well-Known Member

If it is new and you bought from Amazon directly (not another seller using Amazon) you should be fine.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

That's kinda the way I see it.
  10. Melt Actually plays the game

One thing to note is that it will get super super hot. Slim laptops don't have very good cooling, and laptops as a whole are quite warm. My laptop is set up with just about the best cooling you can get (Predator Helios 300, undervolted, repasted with Kryonaut, elevated fan pad with 5 120mm fans) and I still get up to 90 degrees in EQ2. I can't imagine what a stock ultrabook would hit in this game.
  11. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Well according the to specs it has
    "
    ROG Active Aerodynamic System (AAS) with upgraded 12v fans and anti-dust tunnels to preserve cooling performance and system stability" But might be worth it to get a metal or other cool tray to sit it on. You may have one already. Just be sure the air exit ports aren't blocked.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I've tried running EQ2 on a Surface 3 pro (tablet) and that is a no go. But it has almost no cooling.
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'll just be glad if I can eventually get to the point that I will be able to purchase a desktop.
  14. Balcerak Well-Known Member

The last 'desktop' I bought was an Intel 386 based one years ago. All of my other desktops have been homemade by me. My current one I built about 5 years ago, but software hasn't required more power than it already provides. I'm just worried that the cooler may be breaking down since it has been a long time since it was installed. Bought desktops can be cheaper than making your own (sometimes) but I just like to know what all the parts are that are in the machine.
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

I wish I knew how to build one. Unfortunately my knowledge is very limited when it comes to computers.
  16. Balcerak Well-Known Member

In all honesty, unless you are very good at finding good buys and can avoid sketchy merchants, the prices for the 'built' ones aren't much different from build it yourself. They get the wholesale pricing on items. I just like to know exactly what parts are in my pc.
    Soara2, Breanna and Leloes like this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

That's why it take me so long to make a decision on which pc I want. I want to be positive about what I'm getting.
  18. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

yep it’s warming.. need cooling pad
    Soara2 likes this.