Max HP Debuff for Rangers

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Neiloch, Nov 9, 2012.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

Personally I think a huge flurry buff would do the trick (like 30% flurry to focus aim). Either that or something 100% unique and class specific. I love the idea of being able to create special arrows to conform to the groups/raids needs. Temporary only arrows.
  2. Hammdaddy Active Member

No to flurry, and also lol making arrows. Honestly, give them raid wide increased hp/damage reduction or something among those lines. So that they increase the raids defense somehow.
  3. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

So many people in the thread I know someone got a great idea, I studied rangers forever, and it always mind puzzled me that a class capable of being on top if always left hanging because of how devalued it's structure is for other players
  4. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Forgot to add templars to that list.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Flurry is a pretty overrated skill and parses pretty low overall. Especially as 30% would start to cap some scouts now.
    I don't want a HP debuff in all fairness, or a Transfer, If I wanted them I'd play an assassin or a swash. I want something relatively unique to my class and maybe a way of actually being a RANGEr. Emphasis on the Range bit.
  6. Neiloch Well-Known Member

To clarify I want a max HP debuff IN ADDITION to a piece of ranger specific utility, but as the title of the thread says this is about a max HP debuff. Any 'ranger lore' utility we get that is properly balanced will still leave us behind in the desirability department because we don't have a max HP debuff like the several other classes that do. Otherwise we would need some sort of magic bullet of utility that would probably require entirely new mechanics.

As I've outlined about 10 times in this thread, max HP debuffs are NOT a 'assassin thing.' Would also be nice if 'trick shot' was tuned to actually be valuable. How many rangers thoughtfully use trick shot to give the tank more useless hate gain instead of using it for more ranged damage? Exactly.

I've challenged people several times to come up with something with as much universal appeal as a max HP debuff but is not the domain of some other class or role.

Let us review:
    -flurry is almost near cap so its time of usefulness would be short lived at best, and not terribly good in the first place
    -Basic group stat buffs (pot, CB) aren't nearly as useful as a max HP debuff unless you make them so high they would easily approach 'buffer' levels
    -any new 'overcap' stat would require new mechanics be coded, balanced (for the rest of the games life) and implemented: good luck with that
    - 'Arrow' ideas are hitching themselves to something very insignificant. Anything that made arrows better wouldn't appeal to even close to half the classes in the game. So no, not as appealing as a max HP debuff.
  7. Regolas Well-Known Member

What do we want?

HP DEBUFF!

When do we want it?

NOW!