Max HP Debuff for Rangers

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Neiloch, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Xeos Well-Known Member

We do??? I know SKs can debuff stamina, though I suppose that is about the same thing, but not really when max HP debuffs are percentage based.
  2. Davngr Well-Known Member

it doesn't need to "fit" the class it just needs to "help" the raid. ability reuse is hard to get for every scout except the "chosen" scout of the raid that gets the stacked group and jcap priority and double cast is a nice boost for most the caster in the raid and pretty hard to come by except for temp buffs.
  3. Davngr Well-Known Member

yes, a lot of classes get it now but originally it was an assassin ability and thus it does make sense that assassin should continue to have the most.
    at any rate the point is rangers should receive a complementing but opposite ability not the exact ability.

ps. and you know exactly who the noobs that got it nerfed are..
  4. Xeos Well-Known Member

And Ability Double Cast would be unique AND help the raid. No other class buffs it, I think it would be something that would get them invited into the raid because it is so unique and useful.
  5. Neiloch Well-Known Member

that's just ignorant logic. They were originally the only ones with flurry so should we make it so assassins are the only ones with the most flurry as well?

We already pointed out a different but equal debuff would be ideal but this could be done today and since the game is live, time is kind of a factor. Not willing to wait another 6 months while they suss out what could be added to rangers so people actually want them.

Well I know Buffrat wanted it nerfed but I wouldn't call him a noob exactly.

Ability doublecast buff is easily more of a utility class ability.

Edit: lol at the singular of noobs being censored.
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

don't type that N wurd brah!

say what you will but no other class can get as much weapon bonus as rangers can because of the mythical ability and i'm pretty sure no other class can get as much flurry as assassin, again because of the mythical ability. thus the theory holds and it makes sense tbh. granted the auto/weapon bonus is WAY better than the flurry it's STILL different and thus not making both classes the same vanilla..
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

it's suppose to be so melee dps and caster dps get a boost. those two stats are good for both of those classes.
  8. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Seriously enough of the assassin v. ranger BS. I already illustrated beyond a shadow of a doubt that any argument for this is invalid. Many classes have the debuff, and we never specifically asked for one EQUAL to assassins, just that we have one like the other two T1 scouts 8 other classes. Even if we got one equal we would STILL be clearly behind other DPS scouts in desirability so this is far from a 100% fix but an easily done boost so ranger's aren't charity cases.

Your argument is that it's an 'assassin' ability when several classes have it. You've been proven wrong, get over it.
  9. Davngr Well-Known Member

not really sure how i was proven wrong when i play all those classes and know that they have hp debuffs now. my argument was that assassin and ranger should have equal but opposing debuff/utility/whatever since they are sub-class relatives..

i would like to do away with the ranger/assassin and just make it a mirror change into range heave vs. melee heavy dps and keep everything else the same.. but that's not gonna happen.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

Don't mess with the Neiloch.
  11. Elkana Active Member

As a fellow predator I'll just ask you to stop crying for more utility / debuff trash. They may respond and we'll be just another bard. Be crying for DPS that'll know mobs HP's in the dirt, forget about max HP debuff. I'd rather have it in damage done.
  12. Ryptide Member

The ignore feature on these new forums works perfectly. Completely erased, that guy on a crusade against rangers, from existence.
  13. Striikor New Member

Long time no post :)

I would like to see something along the lines of a permanent Nature’s Focus for us. It is a valuable buff, the problem is it is not noticed. Far to subtle, it is brief and it is intermittent, re; unnoticeable.

As scouts and as THE far ranging scouts we should have something like a permanent heads up for a group that points out weaknesses and opportunities, real long range reconnaissance. Like a buff that gives significant stun/fear avoidance because the group is prepared and forewarned by the ranger. Or even a buff that allows the ranger to give the tank and/or healer heads up allowing them specifically to avoid stun or fear.

Most importantly it has to be SEEN as valuable for the other group members. It could be anything as long as it is an obvious advantage to have a ranger come along.
  14. Neiloch Well-Known Member

If you aren't already doing top DPS, especially with the new prestige lines, then you aren't playing the game correctly. Ranger DPS is good now, the problem is so are other classes and they have much more utility. There is no good performance based reason to take a ranger when you have access to one of those other DPS classes. Furthermore I know for a fact the devs think ranger DPS is fine and that more utility being added is a possibility, so asking for more DPS instead of utility would be a huge waste of time.

Striikor, that actually sounds like a good concept but unless it was ridiculously good it still won't get us 'caught up' in terms of high DPS class utility.

As I mentioned in my first post even if we get something ranger specific ranger's will STILL be behind in utility. It would have to be such a good tool to not only make up for a max hp debuff but to then close the rest of the gap. I worry if something like this was done it would be putting all our bets on one thing, and if it got marginalized some how we would very quickly be back to our old status of lacking utility.

I'm not acting like a max hp debuff is a fix all, far from it. It would provide a secure, proper baseline. One that can't be easily rendered useless. Once we get this, then we can get a 'ranger' ability to close the gap that is created by other classes unique abilities. Max HP debuffs are far from unique.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm all for some more utility added to rangers. If I were to design something for them, it would be something that provides potency to their group for a period of time, and the amount of that potency was based upon how many stealth attacks they made 10s before the buff applies.

But, thats just what I would do with the class to add utility without further buffing their personal dps. This is the type of utility I would like to see from the class given the slots I generally place them in.
  16. Jokirr Member

Im in agreement rangers should have a max hp debuff, while the devs come up with some more utility for the rangers, it wouldnt even be that hard and could go in tomorrow.

Just slap a 2.5% or 3% max hp debuff onto Snipe and ta-da!
  17. Twyxx Well-Known Member

What about making it a raid-wide max dmg on ca/spell thing? Only for like 6 secs with 5 min recast. For when behind on an add to burn or to finish off a named. Infected wound or something.
  18. Buffrat Well-Known Member

100% No. Dirge myth got way too strong and Combat Mastery should probably be nerfed. The last thing they should do is add more of anything close to these effects.
  19. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Dreamcrusher.
  20. Jokirr Member

What about a temp for the group (or raid depends).
    Something like a 5-10 (possibly even 15) second duration where all melee ranged ca become 20m or something with a 5 minute recast possibly.
    On top of adding an hp debuff to snipe or something of ours.